GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Raven Cruz
Just popping in. Bump.
Oh hello Raven.

Geeze, I should really post that last round, huh?

Dangerous Enabler

Probably! Since this month is almost over.
Ok sorry for the spelling errors and for the incoherent nature of the last poem. This time I'll do better.
Here it is, as promised. Btw, I could probably make your life easier by providing a link where the beef between Pound and the mag were going back and forth but.... I kinda lost the link. I'll look for it and post it later in an edit when I find it.

Respect

It only took him two small lines
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
That was it.
If I had an ounce of flow
like Yeats with such lyrical treats....
But, no! I'll never surpass that a**!
Hate is the root of my state of mind
and, mind you, I've been through New York
recently, just beyond the walls of Intelligence,
and I've found out the hard way: I suck.
Self-deprecation? Nah, I'd rather self-immolate
than hate my own sovereign state, that birthright
that gives me the power to fight for my right
to create; Pound fought for this guy and Poetry
fought back hard. Why did they stop fighting?
Just because the man won Nobel? Weak and whack,
meaning respect the legend he wasn't yet
and yet respected poets quoted him as the best
but the West has seen better vets and young techs.
The most recent died and became angelic.
She was already legendary (though if
"still I rise" become true, this double barrel gauge
will come through for me) and you-know-
what? Maybe it's okay to give props to olde
white men at a time when
Ireland had to fight for their rights
or something. Potato, tomato;
what's a Mexican to do without a vato?
I'll tell you, you racist asno.
Me without a homie isn't strange,
it's so simple to explain: I'm a loner
and please, for your sake, don't get a boner
just because I'm reaching for legend stat
doesn't mean that I'm a c**k star.
Live it to the limit in a minute just to win it;
I've learned how to earn the respect
that I get when I vent and I let the emotions
eject like propulsion. Explosion! Devotion
to the flow that I know. I go lie on the low
'cause I'm fly, also high, but you know
what? If respect isn't earned like I've done
to the best of my skill, or like how Pound
had to rile it up with a mag that was whack
but now is in fact as established as Mac
or any major league batter, served on a platter
will it even matter, to be in respect to respect
always flattered and loved by default? Is it
my fault for complaining to you "respect: it is due"?
Hell no! I demand that a standard be met, that
equally judged be they amateur, moderate, vet
or whatevs, they should learn how to earn that

respect.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
AFTER YOU

Your breath rattled in your chest, a harsh, wet sounding with every desperate gasp that passed between your already blue lips. As the sirens echoed in the distance I cradled you in my arms, knowing it was already too late. I couldn't escape the thought that reverberated through my brain in time with your harsh breathing; it should have been me.

I've always been unfailingly polite. I hold the door for strangers; I say yes ma'am; I give grannies my seat on the bus. I never thought that one day being polite could be deadly.

It started out simply enough. You were in a hurry, your business suit crumpled by sweat and the plastic bags full of groceries hanging from your over laden arms, huffing irritably with every breath; the sidewalk was crowded. I let you squeeze by me. I watched in horror as your groceries rained from above when the little white convertible crashed into you mere moments later. I knelt in the eggs that were probably for a breakfast you'll never have now, cradling your strange form to me as your wet gasping ceases.

The paramedics ask if I knew you, I shake my head negatively and they let me go.

You were the first.

But not the last.

I let her brush pass me through the revolving door, white suit blazing by, only to watch in horror as the glass collapsed from a panel, slicing neatly through an artery in her inner thigh and staining the last suit she'd ever wear.

He cut in front of me with a frown and a glance at his watch in the coffee line and, after the machine exploded, scalding him so badly the paramedics weren't sure he would make it as they rushed him out of the chaotic coffee house, I realized the truth.

That's why I cut you off this morning. The reason I stole your seat. It's why I text and ignore you when you ask to break into the line. One rude gesture might save your life one day.

But..

Here we are again. She breathes heavily and pushes the little girl behind me down, making her cry. She tries to keep going, straight to the front of the only open line in the busy supermarket.

“Hey lady, no cuts.” I growl at her, refusing to budge as she rams at me with her cart.

“Listen, SOME of us have THINGS to do, IMPORTANT things, and I certainly CAN'T wait in this line all day.” She looked down her nose at me, straightening an imaginary out of place hair in her perfect blond bun. I looked behind her at the little girl with the bleeding knees, still on the floor, her mother shooting the obese woman dirty looks as she tried to comfort her daughter.

I made a decision.

“You know what lady? After you.”

I let her pass.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
sweatdrop Editing....editing is a thing. I suck at the thing. So bad. So bad.
FrostedMidnight
there was no excuse bruh.

For both of us.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
2pound
FrostedMidnight
there was no excuse bruh.

For both of us.

OMG. THIS THING. *strokes it lovingly*

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
it does na' fix grammer though. More's the pity.
FrostedMidnight
it does na' fix grammer though. More's the pity.
bruh, u kiddin' me, right? Google grammar checker. I can hardly type cause I'm on an iPhone 3GS,slow AF and I still submitted my entry. Bruh, u gotta do it or else why would anyone take u Siriuslee?
FrostedMidnight
AFTER YOU

Your breath rattled in your chest, a harsh, wet sounding with every desperate gasp....
bruh, this is the first line in your story and I'm already trippin' balls because the syntax is weird. Maybe you just missed a noun after "a harsh, wet" because if you didn't, that line is awkward to read.

2pound's 2cents.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
2pound
FrostedMidnight
AFTER YOU

Your breath rattled in your chest, a harsh, wet sounding with every desperate gasp....
bruh, this is the first line in your story and I'm already trippin' balls because the syntax is weird. Maybe you just missed a noun after "a harsh, wet" because if you didn't, that line is awkward to read.

2pound's 2cents.

Thanks for your input, I'll definitely take it into consideration. I actually meant for sounding to be a noun, as in sounding the ocean or the atmosphere--her breath is probing the air, ya know. But I may change it to sound because you are right, now that I read over it most people are probably going to think exactly as you just did, that I have no noun lol.
FrostedMidnight
2pound
FrostedMidnight
AFTER YOU

2pound's 2cents.

Thanks for your input, I'll definitely take it into consideration. I actually meant for sounding to be a noun, as in sounding the ocean or the atmosphere--her breath is probing the air, ya know. But I may change it to sound because you are right, now that I read over it most people are probably going to think exactly as you just did, that I have no noun lol.

Either that or word it differently. I thought the noun was either missing or gasp. It's your call.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
i like how the piece i planned to enter this round is also titled "after you"

lol

i am totally entering something else now.

Dangerous Enabler

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces