11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Aphrodite f l y t r a p
The Solarised Night
Wing McCallister
I'm alright smile . You?

Lack of quote made me a sad panda because I didn't get back to you sooner.
I am bored. I really want to get to uni! It sucks hanging around the house all day.

You'll probably still do that when you get to uni. razz I do.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah life is stupid

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THESE CREEPERS RINGING ME UP WITH SHADEY JOB OFFERS?! caps lock was an absolute necessity for that post as I just got offered a prostitution job!!! How the hell do people take the ad "wanting a secretarial or administration job" and turn it into "I am selling my body for your pleasure" ?????

At least the others tried to disguise themselves as "full body masseuse" and "fantasy hotline hostess" this guy asked if I would work casual hours for "the sugar package" to "meet discretely for fun"

Dangerous Enabler

The Love Mutt

AND: WING&PK: do I need to send you guys something for Theory Train thanks to GGW/Gravity?
Yes. Whatever you submitted to the final round of GGW to theorytrain@gmail.com, Google Doc preferred.

Alternately, your favorite GGW thing, but wait on Wing's approval for that as that was not what we said originally but I have had champagne and a good launch and am utterly chill about everything right now.

Solar, what kind of site did you even post your resume on?

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
The Love Mutt

AND: WING&PK: do I need to send you guys something for Theory Train thanks to GGW/Gravity?
Yes. Whatever you submitted to the final round of GGW to theorytrain@gmail.com, Google Doc preferred.

Alternately, your favorite GGW thing, but wait on Wing's approval for that as that was not what we said originally but I have had champagne and a good launch and am utterly chill about everything right now.

Solar, what kind of site did you even post your resume on?

One on Seek.com which is a proffessional job search site, one on brisbane exchange and one on gumtree.com.au which is a multipurpose advertisement site that is for selling things as well as for job offers and job seeking.

It has been gumtree people that have been harrassing me. The problem is I can't pull the ad down for 2 weeks after it is posted. I've reported the guys who rang me to crimestoppers though but it still upsets me because I get excited thinking I've got a job and they turn out to be creepers. The only non creepers I got was one guy who offered me a secretarial job but never called back and left no number and another one asking me to do door to door sales, the complete opposite of the whole needing to be inside and out of the heat due to medical reasons.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Heh.

Kind of fitting for today that the final poem was the one about Jer. lol.

I'm cool with that one being in Theory Train. ^_^

...Does that mean Wing has it already or do I need to re-find and re-send it? xD
lol Don't count on me to find anything. I'm on shift this week and therefore cycling through many many computers.
Tixa Love Heart
Wing McCallister
Tixa Love Heart
First of all, I'm now not even going to go to college for writing. And second, I write what I want. I don't care if someone doesn't like it. If I like it, it's in. And because I suck at writing, I thought I should be a writer. but now, i'm not even freaking sure who I am. So you know what? Shove it.
You missed the point of my post. I was saying channel those negative vibes into a piece with meaning...

But if you want to take the 'shove it' route, fine I'll play. Pity isn't going to work here. If you refuse to use negative life experiences to convert them into something positive, then that is your loss, not mine. Whether or not you go into college for a writing-related degree is another one of your choices. It doesn't impact my life at all, and it certainly doesn't change the way in which I will view your works. Peer reviewers and professors will tell you the exact same things. If you don't believe me, then we can just ask our resident magazine editor, PK, to throw in some 2-cents when she finds the time.

It's great that you write for yourself and that's what you care about. At least you seem to have the guts to defend your works. Here's my response to that though: why submit them if you don't care what others will think? This gets back to my original post on the subject. There are two types of participants: the ones who care to improve and the ones who just want fake gold. Since you haven't managed to locate the critiques, and have thoroughly dodged the subject altogether, I'm guessing that you just wanted to win free crap. Now, if you really want me to shove it... I'll tell you exactly how to do it because, quite frankly, nothing makes me happier than seeing someone here rise to new heights. The first thing you do is look at the pieces you've produced and figure out how to make readers connect to those characters. Then, you expand your pieces so that some essence of meaning can be constructed. After a nice proofread, and maybe even some friendly advice from some other people lurking about, you submit it and proceed to blow my mind.
I can't blow anyone's mind with my crappy writing.
Fine give me another chance to blow your mind.
Tixa Love Heart
You can always enter. razz

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
Tixa Love Heart
You can always enter. razz

Good old Wing!

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I need to get my other computer back from my friend then. xD Hopefully will post by tomorrow night?
I'd love to join, when is the due date? Or did I end up missing that part?

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
BitterSweet89

Hello bittersweet,
My name is Solar and I am happy to answer your questions while the others are sleeping.

The AGWL is an ongoing contest that has continued to run every month for the last 5 years as of a few days ago, and will continue to run until 2016 (or longer if more funds are added)

The due date is always at the last day of that month so for the December monthly, you have until the 31st.

If you would like any help proof-reading or advice on subject matter and/or style, I am happy to help how I can.
BitterSweet89
This round ends the last day of the month. Then there will be another lol... It just keeps on going. Welcome. smile
Oh look at Solar being all helpful. razz I'm probably up to 2017 by now. lol

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas