Coronavirus brought it back...

Poll Pimps = TEH SEX 0.31914893617021 31.9% [ 30 ]
GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Dangerous Enabler

Nah. But I am going to visit when I'm able.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Wing: heart

PK: heart

=]

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
Never worry when editors don't reply, unless it's after the print date.

He got back to me and said it should be up today/ in the next few days. blaugh

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Solarised Night
phantomkitsune

I'm jealous! I've been waiting close to sixty days, now. Was told last week he was going to try to get back to me by the end of the week. sad

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Rotsab M. Hyolf
The Solarised Night
phantomkitsune

I'm jealous! I've been waiting close to sixty days, now. Was told last week he was going to try to get back to me by the end of the week. sad

Is this for DHG? Yeah, I don't think the editor is all too serious about the project. Hell, on the submissions page it says it doesn't need to be perfectly grammatically correct. That didn't give me the best impression of the ezine but hey, a feature is a feature.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
The Love Mutt
Wing: heart

PK: heart

=]

Did you just comment on PK's facebook picture of her apple pie?
Is it weird that I may have recognised you purely based on the smiley face you used?

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Solarised Night

Is this for DHG? Yeah, I don't think the editor is all too serious about the project. Hell, on the submissions page it says it doesn't need to be perfectly grammatically correct. That didn't give me the best impression of the ezine but hey, a feature is a feature.

Nah, it's [redacted] (so they don't track me down using google and see me bad-mouthing them o.o ). They had a competition a few days after I submitted, so they're bogged down in trying to go through all ninety(!) entries. Apparently they only have three editors? I understand the wait, but at the same time it is literally driving me crazy waiting. It was meant to be a forty-five day wait, and it's... been much more. The worst part is I suspect it's going to be rejected, and to have waited 60+ days for a, "Sorry, we don't feel our magazine is equipped to best represent your piece at this time. Please feel free to submit other works in the future, though," is just... sasafkfajsfffajdfjkafkjhjajjsajsaaljf

Dude, a feature is a feature, Narrator Magazine looks very snazzy. They're probably willing to fix up some minor grammar/spelling stuff, and trying to keep from spooking newbies. On the submissions page for the one I've been stalking over twitter antsing over, they say that most submissions lose between 500-1000 words by the hands of the editors before getting published.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Rotsab M. Hyolf
The Solarised Night

Nah, it's [redacted] (so they don't track me down using google and see me bad-mouthing them o.o ). They had a competition a few days after I submitted, so they're bogged down in trying to go through all ninety(!) entries. Apparently they only have three editors? I understand the wait, but at the same time it is literally driving me crazy waiting. It was meant to be a forty-five day wait, and it's... been much more. The worst part is I suspect it's going to be rejected, and to have waited 60+ days for a, "Sorry, we don't feel our magazine is equipped to best represent your piece at this time. Please feel free to submit other works in the future, though," is just... sasafkfajsfffajdfjkafkjhjajjsajsaaljf

Dude, a feature is a feature, Narrator Magazine looks very snazzy. They're probably willing to fix up some minor grammar/spelling stuff, and trying to keep from spooking newbies. On the submissions page for the one I've been stalking over twitter antsing over, they say that most submissions lose between 500-1000 words by the hands of the editors before getting published.

Ah, I see. For some strange reason, I thought we were talking about the same place. Hopefully they aren't too much longer with your reply. I hope they do put you in though! 60 days is a long wait emotion_0A0

Oh, Narrator is snazzy; the other feature...not so much. lol My feature in Narrator is later in the year, but Death Head Grin seems sort of stetchy but I'm not arguing with it if they want to feature me. I can boast about it even if it is minor xd (Not that I care but) my family's perceptions of me have drastically changed since I announced I was to be featured. Before, people were just like "Oh, that seems like a bit of a waste of time," even though I made it clear that writing was never going to be a full time job. As soon as I started winning comps (no one needs to know that they are just forum based ones ninja ) and got my pending ezine features, everyone has been treating me like some kind of respected author. I hate to break it to them, but I'm not all that!
The Solarised Night
I hate to break it to them, but I'm not all that!
The a*****e in me says, "Yes, we know."

The host in me replies, "But she has improved immensely."

QED

Dangerous Enabler

45 days is plenty for 90 entries: we managed Island Writer in 21, including formatting time, a two-week reading period, and the copy-editing party where we decided what we wanted to change. Of course, that was a staff of four editors and an editorial assistant, and that was with me in charge, and everything runs better with me in charge.

Speaking of, Wing, another Theory Train is coming up. Can you start beating artists until train pictures fall out?

Saying not to worry about spelling and grammar is sketchy as hell. Editing for a stylesheet doesn't even cover that: stylesheets are things like ellipses and spaces around emdashes and picky s**t like that.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
The Solarised Night

QED

It is the same kind of mentality that makes people think that one is an IT expert just because they know how to use google to look up technical issues.

The a*****e in you can suck it; the host can have a cookie.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
45 days is plenty for 90 entries: we managed Island Writer in 21, including formatting time, a two-week reading period, and the copy-editing party where we decided what we wanted to change. Of course, that was a staff of four editors and an editorial assistant, and that was with me in charge, and everything runs better with me in charge.

Speaking of, Wing, another Theory Train is coming up. Can you start beating artists until train pictures fall out?

Saying not to worry about spelling and grammar is sketchy as hell. Editing for a stylesheet doesn't even cover that: stylesheets are things like ellipses and spaces around emdashes and picky s**t like that.

Exactly, hence why I have firmly believed that this is minor as hell and doesn't mean anything other than to say "Oh hey, I was featured here"
Narrator is a different story though.
The Solarised Night
Wing McCallister
The Solarised Night

QED

It is the same kind of mentality that makes people think that one is an IT expert just because they know how to use google to look up technical issues.

LOL

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
The Solarised Night
Wing McCallister
The Solarised Night

QED

LOL

It is also the same kind of mentality that has Rotsy thinking you're some kind of Steven Hawing just because you're a physicist and know things we don't know razz

Whatcha gunna do about that, Rots? razz
The Solarised Night
Wing McCallister
The Solarised Night
Wing McCallister
The Solarised Night

QED

LOL

It is also the same kind of mentality that has Rotsy thinking you're some kind of Steven Hawing just because you're a physicist and know things we don't know razz

Whatcha gunna do about that, Rots? razz
But I do know everything. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas