GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Dangerous Enabler

Rotsab M. Hyolf
phantomkitsune
I think it's fandom stuff, with the Brony faction.

I had been wondering about the Brony thing! is Trickster part of that too, then?

imperial = 3048
revenger = 1409
trickster = 992
rebel = 1052
brony = 967

are apparently the stats (from the Dev thread). Imperial and Rebel are Star Wars, and I think Revenger and Trickster are references to The Avengers, because I think but am not certain (because I don't pay attention), that Loki is the villain in The Avengers. I guess Brony is just the alternate fandom?

. . . I wish Homestuck were an option. Alas.
Writer Selbe
Wing McCallister
Writer Selbe
Wing McCallister
Do you read your poetry aloud?

Yeah. I think that when I read it I think of it more lyrically... in a musical sense. Like when styles change it's like a bridge or key change. But a factor of it might have been that the poem started out as two separate poems.
I see. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but your readers don't have access the that mindset.

The Jack and Jill one was incomplete while the part following we profess was complete. I'm expanding on the first poem.
Well, hopefully you will complete the creative process. smile

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Wing McCallister

/thought Brony was Gaia-fandom; specifically that shop owner with the accent

I swear, My Little Pony is like Pokemon all over again, except I at least had passing knowledge of Pokemon. xD

phantomkitsune
imperial = 3048
revenger = 1409
trickster = 992
rebel = 1052
brony = 967

are apparently the stats (from the Dev thread). Imperial and Rebel are Star Wars, and I think Revenger and Trickster are references to The Avengers, because I think but am not certain (because I don't pay attention), that Loki is the villain in The Avengers. I guess Brony is just the alternate fandom?

Ahh, okay! Trickster definitely makes sense for Loki, yeah. Revenger for Avenger? Seems weird they made it red instead of blue. Red made me think of 'Revenge of the Sith,' haha.

That's too bad they didn't thrown in Homestuck! They certainly like it, given the items they've handed out based around it.
Rotsab M. Hyolf
Wing McCallister

/thought Brony was Gaia-fandom; specifically that shop owner with the accent

I swear, My Little Pony is like Pokemon all over again, except I at least had passing knowledge of Pokemon. xD

phantomkitsune
imperial = 3048
revenger = 1409
trickster = 992
rebel = 1052
brony = 967

Ahh, okay! Trickster definitely makes sense for Loki, yeah. Revenger for Avenger? Seems weird they made it red instead of blue. Red made me think of 'Revenge of the Sith,' haha.

That's too bad they didn't thrown in Homestuck! They certainly like it, given the items they've handed out based around it.
Pokemon wins. razz

Dangerous Enabler

Rotsab M. Hyolf

It probably makes sense - the creator of Homestuck was not approached about nor paid for the Homestuck-themed things Gaia had, and it became a Thing. Bronies are far less troublesome, apparently.

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
phantomkitsune
Rotsab M. Hyolf

It probably makes sense - the creator of Homestuck was not approached about nor paid for the Homestuck-themed things Gaia had, and it became a Thing. Bronies are far less troublesome, apparently.

Ahh, okay. I had heard there was a big kerfuffle about it, I wasn't sure if they managed to resolve it amicably or not, though. I had hoped they did, given they're still releasing items themed for popular shows/games/so on. I guess they can make the Fair Use argument, though?

To be honest, it's the first I've seen of Bronies!

Wing McCallister
Pokemon wins. razz

I wasn't crazy about it growing up, to be honest. I much preferred Beast Wars, which combined eagles and wolves with robots and lasers. xD
Rotsab M. Hyolf
phantomkitsune
Rotsab M. Hyolf

Ahh, okay. I had heard there was a big kerfuffle about it, I wasn't sure if they managed to resolve it amicably or not, though. I had hoped they did, given they're still releasing items themed for popular shows/games/so on. I guess they can make the Fair Use argument, though?

To be honest, it's the first I've seen of Bronies!

Wing McCallister
Pokemon wins. razz

I wasn't crazy about it growing up, to be honest. I much preferred Beast Wars, which combined eagles and wolves with robots and lasers. xD
I still play Pokemon. lol
May Entry!

Blinding Greed

You are a voice that never leaves me.
An annoying whisper that splinters my mind with unease.
You never allow me to be carefree and instead follow me with caution.
My body aches for the release of your burden.

I will forever push forward despite your many warnings.
I need not bother myself with your tooth grinned lies.
Stand in my way and I will stomp you.
The heel of my boot will not give way to the brittle forces of your struggle.

Since birth I’ve been trained by all to seek my own fortune.
I greet every obstacle with appreciation and malice.
Like a dragon who mounts his plunder I will sit tall on my accomplishments.
I'll know them to be mine and gladly sip from the diamond inlayed, golden goblet of victory.

You would have me turn my greedy thoughts aside and I refuse.
Greed will lead me to power and my appetite is ever growing.
Speak to me of fame and fortune and I shall lend an ear.
Keep silent if you oppose my likings, though I know you won't.

The mouth of a cave has opened and I see much treasure inside.
The sparkle of jewels seemingly outnumbers the stars.
I will wait out the night and plunder away tomorrow.
My camp fire dies as I await the orange skyburst that will mark the start of day.

I enter the cave to be blinded by treasure.
Jewels and gold flood my eyes and blur away any detail that was.
My eyes cannot gain focus and roll in their sockets.
They reach out for something to grab on to, but nothing is there.

The treasure has vanished, although only in sight.
What use is beauty if you cannot see it?
I stumble around foolishly and slip on gold coins.
On my knees I wander, forever in the imaginary darkness.

My inner voice speaks up perhaps for the last time.
It tells me I need water and food if I’m to stay alive.
I've been wandering these caves, for there are many, for weeks.
My hoarse cries of insanity echo the caves and are heard by none.
Oooo an entry smile . WHOOSH

Dangerous Enabler

Mine for this month is pretty much done, too, I'm just waiting for feedback from another contest and also for editing to seem less onerous.
Fun times. smile

Dangerous Enabler

I am making apple pie from scratch.

I will let you know if I burn the house down.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MORE REASON FOR YOU TO COME TO WORCESTER, DAMNIT!

=[

Dangerous Enabler

It would be fun! But work and things! And more excuses!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff