Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Lothaire
The Solarised Night
My housemate just gave me two weeks notice. Why, you ask? Because I turned his TV off at the plug while he was out to save power. I kid you not.

what a loser, so you and your partner have to move? if you don't find a place i can ask mum with you can stay with us

That's a really kind offer, Sephy. I appreciate it.

I've started looking for a place and found a share house that only just scrapes our budget with pets negotiable. I will speak to the University to see if there are any options I can take out with them (loans, student accommodation, counselling. whatever) and speak to the dept. of housing in the morning to see if I can get a bond loan. Plus some haggling with centrelink and working out a removalist hopefully all before my exams.

********. I might talk to you when I've had more sleep and time to process it.

It's just the immediate short term expense that is a problem. Odds are my housemate will refuse to return the $800 bond we gave him so that screws our plans up for affording bond in the next place.

Apocalyptic Abomination

17,425 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
The Solarised Night

that really sucks ._. hugs i wish you the best of luck

Dangerous Enabler

Wow, that really sucks, Solar. I hope you can get your bond back.

And I don't actually have three weeks off, I just have that potentially. I'm working from home today, though, which is neat.
Solar... it is time to dig down deep and find the inner American that lives within us all -- or at least pretend. If he doesn't return it (doesn't sound like he has a valid reason), take his a** to court. You really have a large collection of people around you that I would love to punt in the face. lol

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
Wow, that really sucks, Solar. I hope you can get your bond back.

And I don't actually have three weeks off, I just have that potentially. I'm working from home today, though, which is neat.

This was a long time coming. I was already planning on moving out which is why Kevin and I got jobs (only those jobs screwed us over - as you saw on facebook). So we were hoping to save $25 a week, because its all we could afford, and leave in December. We also hoped to give him the ultimatum of returning to bond or we will leave without paying two weeks rent, but now that he has made the first move, I have no option other than to beg for it.

Kevin is pretty mad at me for not keeping my mouth shut for just a few more months. I'm not going to keep saying "Yes, I'll do that" or "I'm sorry, it wont happen again" anymore. Not when the things my housemate complain about are trivial (never use dishwasher or dryer, only vacume or wash closes when he isnt home), or often out of my control (not peeing after 10pm, not blowing my nose, no studying where he can see me, don't reset the routter even if it stops working because he has a desktop notification that tells him when you do). My housemate doesn't respect privacy (he openned my bedroom door without knocking or asking to line the frame with foam so it didn't slam so much) nor respect us at all really (I can't recall a single time that I have spoken to him where he hasn't bitched at me about something).

My housemate decided that it was appropriate to b***h about the TV cord being turned off -- not when I was cooking dinner at 7pm, nor when I was washing up at 8pm, or even at 9pm when I got ice cream -- no, he chose to ambush just after Kevin got out of the shower, was in a towel, dripping wet, at 10:30pm. Like he stood there, outside the bathroom door, waiting for him to come out just to b***h about the TV cord. Kevin didn't even know anything about it so he told mike that and just walked into the bedroom. Instead of being a rational human being and just give up after making his point known that he was pissed about it, he chose instead to bang on my bedroom door, while I was underclothed and sleeping undersheets and yell at me about it.

That was too far. So I sent him a text message telling him it was inappropriate to ambush my partner just after he got out of the shower and if he banged on my door after 10pm again, I will return the favour.

So he came to my door and kept banging. And I told him to go away. So he said "Well if that's how you're going to be, I want you out." We only just paid him rent yesterday so we've paid for these two weeks.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Oh and because of the stupid firewall he has put on the router, (share being one of the key words that is blocked) finding shared accommodation is a real b***h. If we are paying ******** $100 a month for internet, he shouldn't be blocking off our searches.

Dangerous Enabler

Wow, Solar, that is completely shitty.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
Wow, Solar, that is completely shitty.

It's okay. I've found ways to vent frustration.
If he's going to keep being a passive aggressive p***k, so will I.

He conviniently kicked us out right after we paid the internet, electricity, and rent. So I'm going to use up all of the internet quota and turn on every ******** appliance I can during the day when he is at work to run up the bill as much as I can before I leave.

I am running the dryer, dishwasher, and oven right now -- all of which are empty.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
I have essays due at roughly the same time I am moving house. Thankfully, I have been granted pre-approval for a bond loan. Now I just need to find a ******** house.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
You should try wearing your persephone top with the pale marionette skirt or the black night gown from stolen saphires. I think it would look pretty.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Hurdles

He gave me two weeks to pack my things.
“Good riddance,” I thought.
“I planned to leave, anyway.”
But as the thought festered to a head,
I realised:
I am powerless.
It’s not my plan anymore.
He just stripped me of my agency.
I once had the option to save money,
and leave when I was ready.
Now I am homeless
and broke.

Anger boiled up within me.
Every passive aggressive display
...- the lights left on,
..........the rhetorical questions
..................the double standards
....- were all pre-emptive,
just to aggravate the wound.
He schemed this from the start
....- meticulously,
..........ruthlessly,
to see what makes me tick.

I wanted to burst
....- dissipate the putrid pus
..........that thrived in his exposure,
or break something
....- completely obliterate it,
..........to hear that satisfying sound
of something ******** beyond repair,
but neither was an option,
if I wanted to maintain my integrity,
so I wept without constraint
into my pillow.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
lol Oh noes! razz

Dangerous Enabler

Everything just kind of looks like poop together. I need to work on more diverse avatars.

But in the meantime, dubstep and writing.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
Everything just kind of looks like poop together. I need to work on more diverse avatars.

But in the meantime, dubstep and writing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff