GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 2543 2544 2545 > >> >>> »|

here's hopin'.
You've got Yellowcard on your website. I must enter now. xd

I'll read over the first page and see if I can come up with anything.
lol. Yeah, well, I kept playing that song and seeing this whole scene from my book pan out. So... I just went, "Why don't I put it on my site!?" And then it was done. Hope to see your entry soon. smile Good luck with writing. smile
I always imagine my fictional band playing that song for some reason. It sounds like Jesse, the lead singer. And it's fun to try to find them a sound. ^_^

My, my, my. It's a wonderful song. I love it. Except that the version on my mp3 player is really quiet. emo I've been wanting to write about it for a while, but I've been at a blank for plot ideas...

Anyway, I'll see if I can come up with anything new. If I can't, I can submit something older. ninja Is it okay if the "old" piece has placed/won other writing contests? If it isn't, I'm sort of in trouble... sweatdrop
Nah... older pieces you've used are acceptable. In my mind, contests are judged differently, so what won someplace might not win in another. Therefore, it's not a big deal. Besides, if you wrote it it's yours to use, right?
True, but it's up to whomever's running the contest to say what can or can't be entered. I could just lie, but I'd feel bad afterwards. whee

Okay, I've subscribed. I have a letter to write for another writing contest here on Gaia, but it shouldn't take too long. And I've got two plots running through my mind at the moment that I could write up. I like one more than the other because it's less cliche--

I'm rambling in order to procrastinate on that letter. I'll be back in a few when I've finished it. then I can stare at this thread and drool over prizes I won't get while I contemplate the set-up for my entry. You did say it was okay if they went over 15k words, right? Because I fear the plot I have in mind will go over that, but it shouldn't be any longer than 20k, based on my luck with plots that can't go beyond that. sweatdrop
LOL 20K is all good. The limit really only applies for if I get a shitload of entries. But even if I read up to 15K I think I'll have a good understanding of your skill as a writer smile
One would hope so. To save you from the cliche ending. sweatdrop Meh...
Well, I probably won't edit at all, unless it's something ridiculously obvious. If it's extensively riddled with errors it just won't be chosen. Of course, it's impossible to have a work without errors. Episode 1 was in print for a year and my mom read it and found a couple hidden away.
I don't really have a problem with errors. I just have a problem with plots. But that's okay.

Jeez. I've always wanted to know what it feels like to hold something I have written in the form of a 4"x7" package called a printed book. I think that would be so cool, but it's too bad it'll never happen.

Oh well. *shrug*
Sure it will. I've used self-publishing companies for eternity. Might not be as glamourous as sumbitting stuff to the big boys... but it has its perks. I maintain total rights to anything I publish on my own. But in all honesty, once XT is finished I plan to submit it to one of the major publishing groups. However, until then, I've been printing the Episodes on my own. Finally in the profit margin though. smile
Congratulations. But you're older than 15, I'm guessing, and you probably have access to things like that. But like I said, I'm fine with it. I've accepted the fact that I'll never published, but I wish you the best of luck when you send a manuscript in to a real publisher.
Yeah, I'm 21. But I started writing when I was 15 so I don't see why you can't get your stuff published. smile
I won another writing contest here on Gaia. Second place. My entry was published on a website, and I was so poud of myself, as selfish and childish as that sounds. sweatdrop My real name was tacked onto my story, instead of simply a username anyone could have. Perhaps my name will be on a real bookshelf one day. Near the beginning of the shelves, as I have a very Italian "A" last name. Pathetic, but I've looked on the bookshelves at the local library at who I'd be next to. xd

Gah! Half an hour to finish my letter entry thingie.
Sounds like you have the ambition smile . I say go for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff