Due Sept 17 0.4 40.0% [ 2 ]
Wootles! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Woot panda! 0.4 40.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]
It will be in like the next 10 minutes.
And that's that.. ROUND CLOSED

Semifinals begin!

Dangerous Enabler

Woo! I'm looking forward to the recording.

Gracious Stalker

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I am so not, haha. I really, really, loved your entry, PK. Probably because I like food too.

Dangerous Enabler

Thanks! The recipe makes pretty yummy casserole, too - nothing fancy, but filling.
Frosted, PK, VOC, Yutora -- expect trades from me soon, and congrats on making it to the semis.

Dangerous Enabler

Woo, semi-finals! I'm a bit into the next piece, but need to hammer out some of the details.

I can't wait for the recording. biggrin

Dangerous Enabler

The recording, btw, was a delight.

Also I enjoy continuing to break records. It is deeply fulfilling.
I was thinking about this final four last night, and the statistical match-ups here are actually... kinda terrifying.

Dangerous Enabler

But fun! I demand The Final Countdown or something else suitably epic in the next recording.
Three days left!

Gracious Stalker

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
starfighter sci-fi from the gun barrels perspective. thanks.

lol

edit: i also just realised I read the prompt wrong. i read the prompt wrong. i wrote something to a prompt i read wrong and that makes me laugh because now i feel stupid.

Dangerous Enabler

I just haven't had as much time to write as I wish. T.T

Dangerous Darling

11,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Cold Yet Feeling

This is it. It's all down to me. Some may say that I'm cold, hard, and unfeeling, but I care what happens to my people and I will do everything I can to protect them. I feel her fingers, sweaty and shaking, wrapped around me. I will keep her safe. She has caressed me through long nights. She cared for me before herself. On particularly hard days, when the enemy crafts fly low and the fear is almost too much to bear, she has put me in her mouth and dares me to go off on her, but I never will. We have a bond, she and I, one forged somewhere in between my rescue and her stowing away on Alpha IX's starship and crash-landing into the Hel-forsaken place in the middle of the third Yarmouth Conflict. Well, the Reunion calls to them as conflicts. The resistance simply refers to it as a slaughter. And it is. Pure, unadulterated genocide. I should know. I was there for the first one. I made more than my fair share bodies out of unresistant citizens. But then I was retired. Too old for battle, they said, takes too long to get me going. So they scrapped me.

I would probably still be on that scrap heap too, if not for a curious, toddling little thing with a dirty face and a dress made of resistance banners. She scooped me out of the trash and brought me home to her Minders, who were appropriately aghast. But she kept me, nevertheless. There star can that was safe from her aim, she was proud and I was proud. We were a team; I was useful again--and when the recruiters came and her Minders told her she was too young for this war she would have none of it. She snuck aboard the Alpha.

Her Minders were right. She is far too young for this war. She jumps at noises, she cries in the dark, and she clutches too tightly to me in the heat of battle. I have felt the touch of many hands, but hers are the first I want to linger, to live beyond the soot filled mornings and the sounds of the Reunion's star fleet firing on nearby camps. She saved me once, and I want nothing more than to save her. I fear she has joined the wrong side. Despite the connection I feel to her and my admitted joy at being useful to her, I wish she would abandon me and run. Run far away from this conflict, back to her Minders on Thrax, back to that scrap heap and leave me there.

But it is not to be. A voice startles her and she turns, thrusting me outwards. I shake in her hands, my target moving. I can feel the power building, but it is too late. Her fingers are too slow. No. It is I that is too slow. They were right to retire me after all—the newer models the Reunion carry are much faster than I. The world tilts as we hit the ground hard. I have failed. I tumble from her hands, my charge finally ready, never to be fired by her delicate fingers. As I lay in the cooling red pool beside her, her gasps of air sounding shallow and wet, I have never wished more that I could fire on my own.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff