Coronavirus brought it back...

Poll Pimps = TEH SEX 0.31914893617021 31.9% [ 30 ]
GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

O.G. Elder

Actually here's something nice from the archives, just to have an entry.

Chapter 2 of a historical suspense novella, this part dealing with the back story of the protagonist prior to his apprenticeship to the murderous botanist. Yeah, I said that.

Quote:

My name is Bryon, no last name to speak of, and my master has never had any name to me other than master, though I suppose with-in the confines of my mind, a name must have been there once. I sincerely doubt such a name ever escaped my lips on any occasion.

I had not yet told you this, because I believe that it is of secondary importance to the story of my master, and my time studying beneath him. My identity was defined more by my relationship with him than it ever was by the name my parents gave me. He, however, did use this name for me, so it does mean much to me, I suppose, and it is important that I be able to identify myself.

My birth took place in a small house, practically derelict, in a small town, essentially deserted. The entire population of the village must have witnessed the event, but I would not remember a single one of these people's faces. I was through with that awful place before I was conscious enough to truly see it.

My parents took me to the nearest city, and there they raised me uneventfully until the age of six, when my father lost his job at the factory. I do not know exactly what he made at the factory, but I do know that me made merely modest pay, just enough for our family to get by. After this unfortunate event, I saw much less of my parents, especially my mother. Until the age of ten, they merely told me that they were "working" and it was true that we again had money. I never sought any specifics from them, and this I do not regret. To this day, I neither know nor care what they did for us to survive those times. What I do know is that it led to their eventual martyrdom.

My mother was the first to come down with the disease, but my father soon succumbed as well. I remember arguments between them, my father blaming my mother for the disease, as if she had brought it upon him. For some reason, there was never any fear that I would catch it from them, and even when the doctor came the first and only time he did not bother to check upon me for its symptoms.

With-in a year, they had both died. The disease was blamed, but I was told by the doctor at their death bed that it was actually the common cold that finally did them in. I never told a soul, but the disease was likely mine, as I had a child's case of the sniffles that very week.

I feel no remorse for the murder of my parents, though I may have at the time. As I've aged, I've learned they were a sacrifice I simply had to make to get where I was going.

After that, my mother's brother took me in out of some sense of familial obligation. I had only met him on a few occasions, and we were never close. From the beginning, he likely saw me as an opportunity, someone he could use while keeping up appearances as a good man, devoted to his family. He had never married, nor had he fathered any children, so taking me in improved his image greatly. He was much to old to play the bachelor, after all.

He had to himself more money than my parents ever earned, and my father had managed to leave a small amount of amount to me in his will, but I never saw it, and my uncle paid for only the barest essentials. I ate, but not well, and I had clothes, but not many.

Essentially, I was manual labor for his "business" and nothing more. I do not know what precisely his occupation was, but I became used to going out in the early dawn to haul back to our house large packages left in predetermined locations, which he would take somewhere else when the day began.

In his defense, he never specifically mistreated me. He never once raised a hand against me or belittled me verbally, he just demanded absolute obedience on the subject of labor that was initially much too harsh for me to perform at an adequate level. There were many nights that I cried for I knew that my lack of performance upset him so.

All of this, too, was necessary. The harsh days went on, and I grew to appreciate what value true learning might hold for me. In this time, my single comfort was painting. My subjects were plain, the buildings and people I saw from day to day. My materials were cheap, old scraps of cloth I collected were my canvas, and I bought pencils and pigments of the lowest calibers. My uncle, surprising to me, did not disapprove of my hobby, so long as it was carried out when he had no need of me. That was acceptable, due fully to the fact that he only needed me in the darkest hours of the morning.

When I approached him about the subject of schooling, he claimed that he simply could not pay for such a thing, something I did not believe to be true. I did not, however, press the issue.

Entering the service of my master was his suggestion. I was at first skeptical of this, both lacking knowledge of what he did and doubting my uncle's ability to enter me into the home of this supposed genius.

Within the week, a week I spent with nerves on the very tip of the edge, my uncle returned to me and told me that I would leave on the morrow for my new home. I think, but I am not sure, that he may have even felt pride at this, though if it was truly for me, or if it was for himself at the thought of the social boost to be gained from having his nephew as the sole student of a true genius.

And thus I departed, and arrived just as you have learned, leaving all of my few possessions behind.

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
True story, by the way Enjoy! <3

The Pathos Heart

My perspiring pointers longed for a few, bewitching, suburban breaths, as they clamored over the keyboard lain across my knees. I was settled in my leopard-print armchair, feet edged on the glass television stand that doubled as a coffee table, and I was certain that if I disturbed my current state, I would lose the flawless ligature of literary ideas that I’d been temporarily gifted. Naturally, I chose to suffer, for the sake of spurring inspiration. I planned to saddle that stallion and work it until it died. Or until I died, whichever came first.

That was when I heard it, just near the garage door.

Actually, I think I’d heard it for quite some time, a steady beat that had waltzed through my ear canals in a bee-line towards the drum roll, and I don’t mean bee-line in its defined sense, I mean it in the literal sense, as in the way a bee travels, all winding and drunken. I just hadn’t wanted to admit that what I was hearing could exist at that particular moment.

Wings. Yes, wings.

Not the flutter of any, old wings, but the harsh whipping of those wings, belonging to one of the most abhorrent creatures on earth. A creature so repulsive, that this ordinary writer and her stallion would rather blunder into battle against a turbulent dragon, needled by a thorn stuck in the back of its knee. I would still be more comfortable with my companion and a giant pencil, than I am about taking down this most deadly foe at my doorstep. At least a dragon’s mind can be tempered, acknowledged on a level high enough to register a philosophy, like, “I come in peace.”

The creature entering my sanctuary was not capable of such remorse. No, it’s only goal in life is “Infiltrate.” So, of course I was petrified. Especially since I hadn’t spotted it, yet. I knew it had to still be low to the ground, because the garage door was only cracked a couple inches from the concrete floor, but there was a pile of yard-sale things over there, in the corner, and the bumbling night ninja was using them to hide. I braced myself for the inevitable opening, through which it would find itself high enough to see me and attack. Those rapscallions were swift!

Still, there was nothing but the echo of its fleeting flights and the dull thuds as it bounced repeatedly into things. My things. The ratty-blue wheely-case, which I’d planned on giving to Goodwill, was gaining more sentimental value all the while. I started wanting to keep it, simply because I couldn’t stand the idea of a hellion claiming it.

As I honed in on the sound, I began to hear something of an oddity in the way its armored body kept smacking, as if it were a finger flicking against a piece of airborne paper, but I couldn’t place the peculiarity. It just kept plowing into the scuff-resistant bottom of the suitcase, whacking against the concrete with each failed strike.

Tap. Tap. Tap.
Tap. Tap. Tap.

I could actually feel it pummeling the pressure points on either side of my temple, working its way across the inside of my forehead, from one to the other, helter-skelter crashes too unpredictable to catch with my probing fingers.

I was without weapon, but determined not to lose my solace to the likes of a scoundrel!

I shifted my eyes to the left and spotted a broken broom to the right of the inside door. It was only a few feet away. I dodged an empty box that was almost as tall as me and swiped the broom from its upright position, groping the tape around the folded-over handle. It wasn’t as long as I’d have liked it to be, having been partially-amputated at its center, but it would do. The bristles would offer a wide berth with which to swat the dastard.

Upon finding me armed, the mutant surfaced from the collection of stuff in the diagonal corner. Its path was haphazard, and it leaned to one side. That was when I realized what had been strange about the sound of its movements. It was damaged, and its deficiency brought forth a new determination inside me. The damn thing would still be fast, but at least with its lopsided tendencies, its path would be slightly more foreseeable than the tumbling assault of my terrorist at its full tenacity.

I planted my bare feet and hunkered down a little, extending the broom out in front of me. I told myself the demon would not get any closer to me than the length of my weapon. That gave me a few feet to work with. I craved backbone enough to hold it like a bat, but if I missed, the ball would hit me in the face, and my hands were shaking so hard, that I could feel my palms pulsing against the electrical tape bracing the flimsy metal.

The saboteur charged through the air, meandering towards me. It was more agile in its defected state than I’d anticipated. I’d hoped for something no stealthier than a toy helicopter, but it accelerated like an out-of-kilter lawn mower. Thankfully, it was a broken mower.

The drawing table in the middle of the room, waiting to hitch a ride to the basement, became an innocent bystander. Little did it know, it would soon become the resting place of a tired killer. I swear I saw it sag under the pressure. The antagonist and I glared at each other across the battlefield. I was cornered, my dilated pupils locked with his beady little head.

And then we both surged towards each other!

It attempted an air assault, and I brought the bristled end of the broom down, nearly missing its massive form. Thankfully, the swoosh from my weapon caused its hulking figure to hurtle away from me and come crashing back down onto the table.

That was when I saw it.
An offensive opening!

I dived, or at least the broom dived. I hurled it towards the surface of the table, and the resounding sound was shattering in the hostile atmosphere! I feared that the invader would soon call for its fellow squadron, and that they would all come swarming through the still-gaping garage door at full, un-burdened force.

When I brought the broom back up, there was nothing on the table. The blasted fiend had grabbed hold of the bristles and was trying to haul its way toward me! I got a little paranoid, already certain that I could feel the scratchy little stickers on its legs matting my hair. I did the “bug dance,” sweeping through my mane with one hand and brandishing the broom with the other. I shook the handle, panting with vigor, trying to knock it off, but those spindly little legs were made for clinging, and he wouldn't budge.

And then he came closer! Climbing towards me with the malice of someone that’s been tossed over a cliff, only to be cradled by a near ledge, from which they must clamber back to the top. Needless to say, I was panicking, but I refused to give up. I smacked the end of the broom against the concrete.

Again.
And again.
And again.

Finally, I dislodged him, dealing him what might have been a deadly crack to the spine, if he had been any other vicious villain of the night. But he wasn't dead. I am not sure why I assume it was male. Maybe it’s the stereotypical idea that only something fueled by a burst of testosterone could act so blatantly evil.

I lifted the broom to find that he was still rolling around on the ground, refusing to discard even a tattered mortality! I wondered if he would ever cease, if the battle could ever be quelled. I did not feel triumphant. Instead, I sensed a repugnant notion creeping into the hollows of my gut. Could it be… commiseration?

I would have been benevolent, had he tried to scramble beneath the table and reunite with the twilight, but instead he righted himself, defiant, and stood to face me. The green tint at the ends of his wings shimmered beneath the single bulb above us. I mused his capacity to endure, and considered myself his savior. With a lenity-lined heart, I brought the broom up once more, ready to put the vile creature out of its miserable existence.

But I missed!

The damn thing rolled out of the way of its oncoming death sentence. ******** JUNE BUG.

One might think it sufficient to italicize the noun for emphasis, but it’s not. Such heathenous monstrosities are simply too monstrous to adequately gauge the noxious savagery within. Their size is indifferent to their truculence, and as if their annual continuation wasn’t bad enough, the brutes had come early this year. Here it was, just shy of May, and the little buggers were already tearing down the evening quiet, slinking close to the ground, as if they owned every particle they touched. I’d be leering over my shoulder long into winter. It just wasn’t fair.

Filthy beetles.

Oh, I loathed those miscreant, little critters. In a delirious spasm, I lifted weapon over head, once more, and this time I spurned the idea of falling short. It took me three, maybe four more solid blows, before the decrepit body stopped twitching. I lost count.

I think it's dead.
I hope it's dead.
It better be dead.

I slumped against the side of the table, my elbow flat against its surface, in an attempt to collect my breath. The shattered carcass on the concrete remained immobile. I used the broom to sweep it towards the garage door, and I abandoned it in the crack. If my trophy wasn’t there in the morning, I’d face a dilemma, but for the moment, a celebration was in order. I glanced at the button across the room, debating whether or not I should barricade the door.

My bug swatter fit easily into the curve my shoulder, and I trudged back to my throne, leaning it against the arm, as I arranged myself, and took up my computer once more. I looked out the open garage door and sighed, requited.
Round 1 closed!

Round 2 due the 28th.

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Black Gabriel
Ugh, I'm gonna have to miss this round. I'm off work later than I hoped and things are happening and the piece is just too big. I am depressed.

Happy birthday, btw, Aris.

Thank you! 4laugh
VOC banks a ticket to the playoffs with an exhilarating Round 1 win!

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Wing McCallister

If I read my new score correctly, I banked that top spot with another perfect score....
I could have sworn I was only at 4.something.

-waits as patiently as one who is jumping with excitement can for the recording-

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Congrats, VoC. biggrin

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Aris_#5
Congrats, VoC. biggrin

thankiiiies!

as an edit to my previous post:
it's also possible that i only got a 14.something.
i wish i could remember what my previous score was. ><
TheVoiceOfCreation
Wing McCallister

If I read my new score correctly, I banked that top spot with another perfect score....

-waits as patiently as one who is jumping with excitement can for the recording-
No. You didn't have a perfect score.

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Wing McCallister
TheVoiceOfCreation
Wing McCallister

No. You didn't have a perfect score.

DRATS. -does the disappointed finger snap-
I was so close.

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Hahaha! xd Good recording! I'm not surprised that one got torn apart. I'm thinking I should change my username to Hit Or Miss. rofl

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
wait. i feel really slow because i didn't realise the other two recordings were even up rofl

also congrats to voc for winning AND STEALING/WINNING THE SPOT I COULD'VE HAD
I'm not sure I understand everything about this contest....but I'll put the first chapter of my book that I'm working on on here....I've checked the spelling of everything on here so if you question it just think "Oh, maybe he made up the word specifically for the book." Ha ha. Enjoy <3

The Glorians

By: Joshua "Chewy" Zimmerman

Chapter One: The Accident

CLANG...CLANG...CLANG...!
"Ah!" Jack gasped as he woke up to the third and final boom of the city bell, meaning it was three in the afternoon. He got up slowly then went over to a calendar that he had on his wall and wrote on the Wednesday slot of it "it happened again". He then put the pen down and looked at the calendar that had a mark on every Wednesday for the past two months. He went over to his cracked window and looked down at the cobblestone roads. "Why does it have to be Wednesday..." he said with little effort as he started to hear the screams of children that sounded as if they were being killed. "...I hate City's Children." Twenty or so children started running down the cobblestone road, picking up rocks and throwing them at the houses they passed while others banged on the doors until they started to splinter, some of the doors were metal even and still the Children left dents. They all continued down the road and as Jack was watching them a rock hit his window and another crack was created. He jumped back and slowly walked back to the window and looked out of it but was unable to see clearly because of the new cracks. He opened the window, looked out, and immediately a tear fell from his eye. There was one of the Children just standing there, staring at him with its left hand extending towards him. He had bright, blue, bloodshot eyes, dirty black hair, and torn black clothing with blood coming from his ears and the corners of his eyes.

"No..." He cried as tears started rushing down his face, splashing onto the windowsill. The boy just stood there, looking at him, twitching. This happened for ten seconds before the boy started screaming as if he were being killed and ran down the street towards the other Children. The City's Children were children who ran away in the night and came back as savage looking children with bloodshot eyes and ripped clothing, almost as if they were being possessed. No one knew why they ran away at such a high rate, why they acted that way once they came back, or why they only came on Wednesdays, but they have tried to save their children from it and were unsuccessful in the end. Even though there has been no known deaths to the children from it, everyone came to the conclusion that there was no reversing it either....they had no choice but to let go of their children if they ran away....they had to let go of the piece of them that they created.... The reason behind it all was unknown and there were no known diseases that caused it to happen so people just started to call the children City's Children because of the first known victim, Kaleb City. "Why does it have to be Wednesday..." he cried again as he closed the window and went over to his dresser. He put on a white shirt with black jeans then picked up his army jacket, that he had received from his father many years ago, and put it on. He then grabbed a lumpy black bag with the label on it that read "Trendis Mining Co." then walked out of the door, forgetting to eat before he left. He didn't really carry it down the steps on the side of his house, more he dragged it because he was so dead inside. With tears still falling down his face, his vision became blurry. He stumbled his way down the steps onto the sidewalk and started for the mine.

It was shaded over the city because of the clouds that were hiding the sun. "Oh hello Jack, nice day we're having!" a voice said from across the street. Jack looked over and saw the person who had said it. "Oh Hello Mrs. D, are you sure that this is a nice day? The clouds are ruining the sunlight!” He said in a forced cheery voice. "I know, it's amazing!" She screamed as she reached for the sky with her left hand. "You're crazy Mrs. D!" He shouted, somewhat happily, as he headed back towards the mine. He only walked fifteen steps before becoming sad again, the thought of his…”Esembahl” a hushed voice said from behind him...”Vortaun” it whispered. As Jack was turning around he got hit by a small ball of violet light, but without noticing, he looked back towards his house and then towards Mrs. D. He walked over to her and asked “Did you hear that?"
"Hear what, dear?" She replied smiling up at him.
"I...I don't remember...what am I doing here..." He said confusingly.
"I think you said something about the mine?" she said, still smiling.
"Oh....oh yeah! Thanks Mrs. D!" he shouted with glee.
"Have a good day!" he yelled back as he started to walk faster towards the Trendis Mine, on the East side of the city.
The sun was starting to show as the clouds were being pushed by the winds in the sky and Jack's dark black hair was now a dark brown because the sunlight showed its true color. He made his way to the Trendis Mine and stopped as he got to the entrance of the work building just to the right of the mine. He entered the building and smiled instantly.“Hey guys!” Jack shouted as he ran over to two guys in the back corner of the building, they were getting dressed in their mining clothes.
“Oh, hey Jack!” They said excitedly in unison. They gestured for him to come closer and as he did he he saw a paper wrapped box with a note attached to it.
“Ha ha what’s that guys?”
“It’s your birthday present, but you can only have it once you get dressed.” James said.
“I’m turning twenty-seven, not five. Just because you guys are old doesn’t mean I’m a kid!” He yelled jokingly. They all shared a laugh before Jack went to his locker and put his army jacket, white shirt, and pants in it along with a now empty duffle bag. He put his yellow miner cloths on along with a yellow hard hat, equipped with a flashlight, and then went over to James and Leonard.
“Okay guys, I’m dressed.” Jack said staring at them with impatience in his eyes.
“So?” Leonard said with a grin on his face.
“So, what about the present!”
“You know, for someone who is turning twenty seven you sure do act like a five year old.” James said laughing.
“It works out too because we do see you as our little brother, you know?” Leonard said smiling.
“Yes I know, you tell me that every time I come in this building!” Jack yelled trying to hold back the urge to grab the box.
“Ha ha, calm down, Jack, we’re just teasing you. You know, because thats what the elder brothers do the the youngest.” James laughed. Leonard started to laugh as well.
“Okay, sorry Jack, it’s just that we’re two thirty-three year old twins with nothing left to entertain us.” Leonard said eagerly. “It’s nice to have you as one of us.”
“I still don’t see how you two are twins, you’re a small ginger with green eyes and freckles everywhere,” Jack said pointing to James, “and you’re tall with light brown hair and dark brown eyes!” He finished pointing at Leonard.
“We’re fraternal twins.” They said in unison.
“Yeah, well, give me the box!” Jack blurted out.
“Ha ha fine.” Leonard said.
“Here you go.” James said as he handed the box to him.
He ripped it open instantly and opened the wooden box that was inside of the wrappings. There was a symbol on the inside of the top part of the box that resembled an “F” that was decorated with what looked like gold, and on the inside was a wooden carving of his favorite animal, a cat. There was a blood red jewel located in the middle of the cat’s forehead, right above its eyes. Jack stared at the jewel for some time before snapping back to the real world.
“I love it!” Jack shouted at the top of his lungs.
“There’s our little brother!” James and Leonard laughed together.
“Oh shut up, it’s just really cool looking. How did you carve this, how did you get the jewel to fit perfectly?!” Jack said with much enthusiasm.
“Ha ha, it’s a brother’s secret. Maybe we’ll teach you one day, when you are a full fledged brother!” James smiled.
“Okay, if you’re done with your gift you can read the note, THAT you threw over there with the wrapping paper.” Leonard said as he pointed to a pile of paper.
“Huh…..OH sorry sorry!” He said going to fetch the letter off of the ground. He came back to them and sat back down on the bench and open the letter that read.

To: Jack City
Jack, we’ve been friends with you for five years, nine months, eighteen days, and
thirteen minutes as you finish this sentence. Ha ha, fun fact. It’s been a good five
years so far and we hope to spend many more together. We hope you like your
present and that you always keep the cat. Also, we’re taking you out to the
Drunken Dreamer for drinks tonight. Sorry this is short but, HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY!

“You guys are taking me to the Drunken Dreamer! That’s super expensive!”
“We know but its been nine months since we've gone together.” Leonard said stretching his arms up before grabbing a tool from his locker and latching it to his belt.
“Yeah, that was some New Year’s party too.” James added reaching into his locker.
“Ha ha yeah, I still don’t remember most of it.” Jack said getting his tools and latching them on his suit’s belt.
James and Leonard looked at each other and sighed.
“Thanks to Mrs. D.” James said, staring at the floor.
“Yeah, I know. If she weren't there...he would know the truth.”
“What are you guys talking about?” Jack said earnestly.
“Nothing, nothing ha ha, just talking about the New Year’s party.” Leonard sighed.
“What about it?”
“...listen, Jack. We’ll tell you everything tonight when you become a full fledged brother.” James said jokingly.
“Fine, fine, alright. I’m trusting you guys on this.”
“Okay, you guys ready to go?” Leonard finally said.
Both James and Jack shook their heads “yes” before they all closed their lockers and left the building to go to the mine. There were already people heading into the elevator that took them down the main shaft to where the coal was being mined. They stepped in with ten other people and someone shouted “Flashlights!” Thirteen clicks sounded before the voice shouted “Down!” Someone pressed a shiny red button on the inside of the elevator and it slowly screeched down the shaft. The cage door was locked and slowly the outside world began to become engulfed in the darkness of the rock wall as they went down the shaft. As the elevator was at its final foot of the outside worlds view the town’s bell went off.
CLANG…CLANG…CLang…clang….
“Four.” Jack whispered to himself as the light from the outside world disappeared and was swapped for the thirteen circular lights from the flashlights, all pointing towards the cage door. After a few seconds of screeching the elevator thudded to a halt as it hit the ground. The cage door folded over itself like an Accordion and ten people walked out.

“You guys ready for another day of this place?” Jack sighed as he walked out of the elevator. “Oh, you know it.” James and Leonard said together. They stepped out after him and James pressed a shiny red button on the outside of the elevator and it started to screech up the shaft. After a few seconds he heard people starting to load onto the elevator and it started to screech down. They walked to the end of the coal line where no one was and started to unload their tools. Jack started picking at the coal with a chisel and hammer. After a few hits at an unknown angle a slab of coal broke off of the wall and broke into small pieces when it hit the floor. He went at the wall again and began to chisel another piece off when he heard someone yelling at him.
“Jack! You need to go get a cart to haul this coal out of here!”
Jack looked up, it was the man who was yelling on the elevator.
“Oh…okay!” Jack went back up towards the main shaft to get a cart to push down to where they were. As he was pushing it down the man walked by him, going up to the main shaft, and glared with piercing, black, shark-like eyes. Jack brought the cart to the end of the mine where they were set up. He was pushing with little effort, looking down, thinking about what the mans eyes reminded him of. He shook his head and looked up right as he rammed into another cart.
“What the?” He said confusingly as he saw the other cart roll down the path a little.
“Jack, come here!” Leonard shouted.
He walked over to them and asked them what that was all about. They brought him closer and then whispered to him.
“Is that the guy from the elevator?” James asked.
“I don’t know.” Jack Replied.
“Well I don’t like the feeling that I’m getting from him.” Leonard added.
“I know, he told me to get a cart but there was already one when I got back!”
“Yeah, and after you left he went over to where you were mining and threw something down then started examining the wall. I tried to see what it was but he saw me and yelled at me to mind my own business.” James said coolly.
Jack walked over to where he was mining and looked around with the light on his hat.
“There’s nothing but coal and rocks over here!”
“Alright, I guess he was just searching then…but for what?” Leonard whispered to himself.
“Here, we’ll come mine down there with you!” James shouted.
“Alright, but keep it down.” Jack whispered.
James and Leonard came to where Jack was, just thirty meters from them, and brought the empty cart that Jack bumped into. They all continued to pick at the coal walls. Jack was picking at another slab for a few seconds before it collapsed to the floor. After the dust settled he picked up the pieces of coal and threw them in the now half full cart. After he was done he went back to chisel at the coal wall again when he noticed a piece of something shiny sticking out of it. He called James and Leonard over to him and they stopped to stare at the shiny object as well.
“What do you think it is?” James said cautiously.
“Looks like gold.” Leonard shrugged.
“Lets hope it is, then we can quit this mining stuff and get out of the cramped place!” Jack said excitedly.
“Ha ha yeah, lets try to dig it out.” Leonard said smirking.
“Are you guys sure, what if that’s why the guy looked at the wall?” James said still being cautious, looking up the mine.
“Yeah, who cares about him now!” Jack yelled in excitement.
“Fine, alright.” James said uneasily.
“Okay, lets do it.” Leonard smiled.

They all started to chisel at the wall, breaking off slabs, and filling the cart. After a few minutes of this the cart was full. They didn’t want to push the cart back up so they decided that James would go get the other cart and bring it down. They continued to chisel at the coal wall again. After some time the second cart was half full. Jack thought to himself. “Ha ha, we’re working faster than normal.” They continued well into the day, breaking off pieces of the coal wall and filling the cart. Jack broke one more slab off of the wall and the entire front side of this shiny, golden, wall like object that looked as though it had symbols all over it, was showing. They picked up the remaining pieces of coal and threw them on top of the now full cart then went back to the object and wiped it with their sleeves to clear it off. Jack was wiping the left side of the golden wall and noticed a symbol on it that looked like an “F”. He thought about the box with the cat in it, it had the same symbol. He left his left hand on the wall and looked at the ground. He didn’t know what it ment, could it be a coincidence or was it more. A bright blood red light flashed in front of his eyes. He looked up and saw the same light coming from his hand. The lights in their hats popped and the only source of light that was left was coming from his hand.

He brought his hand down from the wall and stared at the blood red light. He looked up and saw James and Leonard but they looked sinister and huge with dark wings and shiny, pitch-black eyes. They started to talk to him but all he heard was deep demonic voices. They reached for him and he backed up screaming “No, stay back!” He held up his hands to block him. They kept coming closer to grab him as he backed up, he kept backing away from them until he hit the end of the mine. He thought to himself “Oh no…this is it…I’m going to die here…” He panicked and threw a piece of coal at them and barely missed one of their heads. He raised his hands again to block himself from them and something said to him “Fokrugar…” He yelled “What does that mean!” The voice just kept saying “Fokrugar… Fokrugar…” “Ahhh, what is going on!” He screamed as the monsters came within inches of his hands. The voice continuously saying “Fokrugar… Fokrugar… Fokrugar…” Jack was cornered by the two demons that were his friends, hearing voices, and had a glowing hand. He started shaking his head back and forth saying, “This is just a dream, this is just a dream.” They grabbed his right hand and grabbed for his left, one of the demons had a golden glow on their left hand, and the voice screamed at him, “FOKRUGAR!” Jack screamed, “AHHHHHH! FOKRUGAR!” The blood red light shot from his hand and at the creature with the golden glow. He heard the demonic voice shout “Morentum!” right as the blood red light hit it in the chest. Everything went black.

He woke up to the wall collapsing behind him as he was being carried up the mine towards the elevator. He looked over his shoulder and saw Leonard carrying him on his shoulder running as fast as he could. Jack began to struggle. “Let me go!” He shouted. “Shut up!” Was Leonard’s reply. Leonard was breathing heavily as he sprinted up the mine towards the elevator. “It’s right up here!” A voice yelled from in front of Leonard. Jack looked, it was James. “Okay, lets hurry!” Leonard shouted back. Jack was baffled, what was happening, why was the mine falling apart? They reached the elevator just as it was going up with people in it. “Hey wait!” James and Leonard shouted as they rammed into the cage door of the elevator.
“I’m sorry, we’re full!” A voice shouted. It was the man with the black eyes. He smirked as the elevator rose up the shaft of the mine. Leonard smashed the door with his free arm and turned towards James and shouted.
“We wont make it up! You have to use it, I’ll use mine!”
“But Jack can’t know yet!” James shouted back.
“I don’t care, he already did it himself a second time now! Mrs. D isn’t here to erase his memory! Now do it!”
“Fine! Esembahl!...” A ball of golden shimmering light appeared above James’s left hand
“…Morentum!” James’s arm instantly grew a clear, golden, armor like skin and in no time his whole body was covered in the armor. A sword grew from his left hand and he grabbed it with his right hand as if he were about to go to battle with it.. It was a thin, long, sword that was the same substance as his armor. “Morentum Baraz!” He shouted and his armor and sword instantly went ablaze with light. “Okay, your turn!” He shouted at Leonard.
“Okay!” He set Jack down on the ground then held his left hand out in front of him so he could see his palm and shouted, “Esembahl!” A ball of white shimmering light appeared above his palm. He slammed his palm on the ground in front of Jack as he shouted, “Retrention!” A white transparent half sphere surrounded him and Jack. Jack watched as the wall collapsed in front of James and then right above him. James jumped and swung the sword of light and the boulder disintegrated to nothing. More pieces of the roof began to fall above and around James. He watched as James’s sword disappeared and was replaced with the golden ball. James shouted, “Retrention!” as he slammed his hand on the ground and a golden transparent half sphere surrounded him just as the boulders were about to hit him. Jack fell back from shock and hit his head on the white sphere, he couldn't go through it. The boulders broke James’s sphere and he sprinted back to Leonard and jumped into the sphere with them and shouted “Retrention!” as he slammed his hand down next to Leonard’s, the white sphere was now mixed with a golden sphere.
Jack watched in awe as the spheres were pummeled with boulders making cracks appear causing him to remembered staring at the boy out of his cracked window from that morning, one of City’s Children…Kaleb City… He became nauseous from everything that was happening and the remembrance of what happened that morning. He fell and knocked his head on the ground. Everything went black.

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I have no idea what I'm going to write about for this round. gonk

Winter Warrior

9,475 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Winter Guardian 250
Yutora
wait. i feel really slow because i didn't realise the other two recordings were even up rofl

also congrats to voc for winning AND STEALING/WINNING THE SPOT I COULD'VE HAD

Thank you! <3

Maybe you'll get the next spot? XD But maybe not. Has anyone ever won all of the spots? Maybe I could go for that, just in case you had any ideas. muahahahaha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff