PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
Sadpanda, but I know how it goes. I've been working 7 days a week for almost two months.

Look, I will see what I can do. I might be able to pull an all-nighter tonight to get the entry done. I've been keen to submit a piece for every comp you hold. Hell, I managed to do it in the exams even though I stressed out to the max; I should be able to do so now.

I had a tooth extracted last weekend that went horribly wrong. One of the roots twisted around my jaw bone so the dentist had to snap just under half an inch of the bone. 10 shots of anaesthetic didn't stop me from screaming like a b***h. I had a freaking seizure on the table. Probably one of the more physically painful experiences in my life. The pain killers they put me on kind of stopped my epilepsy meds from working so I was seizing every day that week. I missed a week of classes whilst I had three essays due. Now here I am, kicking myself for not having gotten the draft polished sooner.

You still work harder than me though.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Oh, I don't know if anyone is interested buuuuuuuuuut my fantasy contest is coming to a close. Next month will be a horror prompt if that is more to taste. I know it is for some other writers I saw lurking around.

Some time in the near future, I will be holding a plushie give away. Personally, I think plushies are kind of ugly, but people go nuts over them and they are expensive so I decided to create a carnival themed thread to give them away.

One reason I mention this is because there will be a writing contest involved. Since both first and second prize are worth 400k and 300k respectively, I don't want shitty writing. That's where you AGWL regs come in. If you're interested, I'd like you guys to come show everyone how a real writer writes.

Whilst it is not open yet, the prompt information is as follows:

Circus Surreal:

Write about a carnival that isn’t quite right. Maybe it is magical or something much more sinister. That is up to you to decide. All entries are to be submitted via PM to Cirque Du Martini with the title "Martini Story entry".

Word limit: Minimum: 100 words, Maximum: 3,500 words

Prizes:
1st: User Image Cerise the skunk plushie
2nd: User Image CoCo Kitty Plushie
3rd: User Image Baby Blue Bunny Fluff Plushie
The Solarised Night
Wing McCallister
Sadpanda, but I know how it goes. I've been working 7 days a week for almost two months.

Look, I will see what I can do. I might be able to pull an all-nighter tonight to get the entry done. I've been keen to submit a piece for every comp you hold. Hell, I managed to do it in the exams even though I stressed out to the max; I should be able to do so now.

I had a tooth extracted last weekend that went horribly wrong. One of the roots twisted around my jaw bone so the dentist had to snap just under half an inch of the bone. 10 shots of anaesthetic didn't stop me from screaming like a b***h. I had a freaking seizure on the table. Probably one of the more physically painful experiences in my life. The pain killers they put me on kind of stopped my epilepsy meds from working so I was seizing every day that week. I missed a week of classes whilst I had three essays due. Now here I am, kicking myself for not having gotten the draft polished sooner.

Good luck with all of that. Tooth extractions sound unpleasant.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
The Solarised Night
Wing McCallister

Good luck with all of that. Tooth extractions sound unpleasant.

Oh it's all better now. I spent the week all drugged up and bed-ridden and then this week I've been scrambling to get all the work done. I just didn't come by much in the last two weeks because of that.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister

So I finally got around to listening to that bad-a** critique you gave in Feb. Nearly all of the entries received a really good review. The way you talked about everyone else before me made me think "Wait, did I actually win February, or did Wing just randomly send me money confused " It was a little suspenseful. I am pleased with how highly you regarded it. However, I admit I was a little let down that there was no nit-picking to tell me where I went wrong 3nodding

Anyway, I heard mention that you think it is worthy of your site exposure. Would you be so kind as to post it if the offer still stands?
Sure... hopefully I still have the ones I want to put up. I think enna gave me the green light too.

lol There wasn't much to complain about, Solar. lmao

Dangerous Enabler

Woo, I passed my written test! I am 1/3 of the way to licensed!

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
Sure... hopefully I still have the ones I want to put up. I think enna gave me the green light too.

lol There wasn't much to complain about, Solar. lmao

I can always resend it 3nodding
To be honest, I thought you'd hate that entry. I wasn't too keen on it because there was no action-adventure to it. You seem to like my real-world-problems a lot better than my fantasy attempts.

I sat down for a couple of hours scrutinizing over the possible entry of this month and have only just worked out that the begining is ******** boring. emotion_facepalm I went into way too much detail about something that was just meant to quickly set the scene before BAM something else happens.

*sigh* This is why I should stop leaving entries to the last minute.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
Woo, I passed my written test! I am 1/3 of the way to licensed!

Nice work. What licence is this?

Dangerous Enabler

Thanks! It's for my EMR license.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune
Thanks! It's for my EMR license.

*googles to confirm* Oh that's pretty great. This is to assist you in getting a job in *pauses to think* gosh it has been so long. Was it mining? That doesn't sound quite right. I remember you talking about this months ago, but I have forgotten.

Dangerous Enabler

At the oil fields - though they're mostly desperate enough for safety people that I could get work just with my certificate. When I complete licensing I'm going to try to get work as a paramedic, or see if I can get it transferred to Wisconsin so I can get work in it there.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune

Alone in her court yard, lady Phantom rests beneath a marble tree embellished with gold and mythril. The afternoon sun filters through the golden leaves and casts dancing shadows over the copy of Pride and Prejudice that lays in her lap. The pages have yellowed from age and the corners are slightly crinkled, but she loved it nonetheless. Should anyone have the misfortune of disturbing her during her reading time, they would learn the true meaning of fear. Her silver gown hides a barbed tail, and her lacy glows conceal her claws. If only her countless suitors knew that it was blood had stained her pale lips red.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister

In the festering depths of New York City, a ferocious silhouette stands tall. As he steps under a flickering street lamp, his form instantly recognisable. His billowing red cape announces his intentions like Tobramycin, and his bladed gloves show that it's not going to be pleasant. His sense of justice is like the chemical-cherry syrup your mother forced down your neck as a child; it is vile and aggressive, but it gets the job done. No one is quite sure where his loyalties lie or what horrors lie beneath his plush mask. Whether he is a merciless vigilante, or an assassin for hire remains a mystery. All that is known is that if you cross him, you better start running; the Stuffed Avenger is back in town.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Writer Selbe

Many people wondered about that strange little girl that lived at 69 Coxon Pde. Something about her instilled an uncomfortable mix of disgust and arousal in the men she confronted. Her knee high stockings ended in ribbons and her mini-petticoat hitched her skirt teasingly high. Her eyes shone with a sense of naivete that lured in predators like an addict to a dealer. She knew where to seek the hungry ones. They were always lurking near her school, waiting to find a meal to feast upon. Each one would lick their lips at her sexualised words, unaware that her address was more than a pun. It was not until they followed her home and entered the room of rainbows and ponies, did they realise they were the prey. Sweet little Selbe always waited for them with a roll of duct tape and a bowie in her hands.
"What kind of game should we play?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces