Poll Pimps = TEH SEX 0.31914893617021 31.9% [ 30 ]
GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Invisible Conversationalist

phantomkitsune

You use fanfiction.net for fanfics, right?

Dangerous Enabler

Writer Selbe
You use fanfiction.net for fanfics, right?

Nooooo. I really hate the format and the way the commenting system works. I use archiveofourown.org (AO3) for everything. Theoretically it's an invite-only system as a way to encourage a better level of writing, but that's had mixed results. Some fandoms are still bigger on ff.net, but the ones I'm in are huge on AO3 and have lots of good fic.

phantomkitsune

I think I've been on their before, though I haven't written anything to be posted on there. Maybe I'll try sometime. I haven't written fanfiction in years, since I was like 12, and consequently, any fanfic sample I might have is horrible.
Four days until the 4th qual ends.

Wing McCallister

Hey, does the probation status on the site just mean that I used to be a host but haven't been or am I actually penalized? I realized I just sort of disappeared. Sorry. sweatdrop

Familiar Businesswoman

Hmmm...might as well try and make something for this round.

Edit: Did Wing announce who won Round Three yet?

Yume The Loving creature

Not quite yet

This is my entry for Round 4.

Isis

If ever you feel pain
too sharp to ignore or bear,
just push it behind
your cavalier façade
and pretend you never cared.

If I were to ever have a daughter, I’d want to name her Isis. Despite my Catholic upbringing—
and in spite of the fact that the name is grossly unconventional—I find the honorific beautiful and refreshing. The idea, regardless of its fictitious nature, that a woman can be so powerful and dignified yet so caring and sensitive to others needs seems from an entirely other world. It’s not because I think women are by nature weak or undignified but that I myself waver horribly in any philosophy I prescribe as my own and I lack courage.

Egyptian ideology and mythology may at some times be frightening and bizarre, but at the same time, the stories told can be captivatingly magical and sweet. I would like to meet a woman like Isis, one so well-grounded and all-around perfect—a woman so wholly devoted to anything familial and everything beyond. Perhaps it’s because I love so completely something shattered to pieces, and I lack the perfection to save and repair it.

I suppose that’s why it’s easier to laugh. In the face of pain, I smile. It’s a sick, idiosyncratic thing, an uncontrollable bout of laughter for the sole purpose of displacing my agony with a distorted and disgusting humor. The humor isn’t there, so I fabricate it using the forthcoming energy from my swelling anguish. When they yell, I laugh. When they make accusations, I smirk. When they leave, when they finally abandon me, not a single tear escapes the prison of my painstakingly painted eyes. To pretend not to care is to not care at all, and it’s a lesson I’d forgotten for a long while, but it’s a blessing I’ve come to remember.

Years and years of labor fueled by ‘love,’ thrown out so unceremoniously and venomously that one might think it was rotting and festering waste. Years I spent spilling tears down my pre-nubile cheeks while I sacrificed the only thing I had learned to care about, though she still left. There was no reluctance in her stare, only a glare so heated one might think it was directed at a vile and conscienceless criminal. In response, I surrounded my heart with an obsidian strength to guard against her ruthless mallet. The black color overpowered the red, and in turn, instead of crying and falling apart, I laughed at her. I laughed at her, because she was laughable. I’d rather alienate her with my apathy than endear myself to her with my lamentations.

She heartlessly tried to rip me open, but my complacency cuts deeper than any knife.

I want to be Isis and hold this family together, but the ice in my heart will protect me far better than she ever did when she was here.
Yume The Loving creature
Hmmm...might as well try and make something for this round.

Edit: Did Wing announce who won Round Three yet?

Nope, I have not had time to get through Round Three stuff yet. I have been majorly busy the past couple weeks.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Welp. I talked to my boss and he apologised and all that crap. Still pissed I had to work and the a*****e who was "supposedly sick" actually came to work to just hang out and ugh. Yeah, I need the job so no just walking out on them. If I see my boss on monday, I'm so going to tell him how happy I was to have to come to work for some guy who was too sick to do so but could hang out there. Anywaaayyys, VoC, congrats on being engaged? Sorry about the dress ): I hope it won't be too expensive to afford if you're really going to find someone to make it from scratch.
I'm on vacation and don't have the recording junk with me, but I wanted to state that Yutora has won Round 3.

I wish I were on vacation. My parents and younger brothers went to a music festival for the weekend, so I'm stuck back at the house, and all I've done today is binge watch Orange Is The New Black on Netflix.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Yes! I actually shouted that and got weird looks. Good! I am happy!

Selbe, I love that show. I didn't liek it all that much at first, but now I love it.

Yutora

Initially it seemed like a lot of fanservice disguised as pivotal plot points... Then I realized the fanservicing moments were pivotal plot points. I wonder how accurate the show actually is...
I haven't had a vacation in 8 months. This is a well-deserved reward.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff