• Tycoon 200
Only 3 days left everyone and I only have 2 entries

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Kurohime_07
Prompt # 5
1419 words (1542 including the explanation)
The Longing of a Fallen Angel
Explanation:
Eva is a gifted students at the Academy of the Magical and Unexplained, having the gift of foresight and the ability to channel electric energy is taking a toll on her longing for a normal life. Also the fact that no matter how hard she tries her past won't leave her alone. Her boyfriend Matthew tries to help her realize that having a normal life isn't all that hard even when you have Elven blood, he tries to help her see that life can never be as normal as Eva wants. Though he runs to her aid then and then again he seems to still be in love with the Eva that she herself says, who has completely spiraled down and has lost all hope.
Entry:1

The Longing of a Fallen Angel

The rain stopped falling leaving the academy campus washed in a gray, dull afternoon. The students of the Academy of the Magical and Unexplained Paranormal, sat in their classrooms and others practiced their gifts in the training rooms. While one student walked their way through the courtyard and into the fores, lining the edge of the school property. The person walked with haste and paused only for a few seconds to look back.
The person who wandered the forest was being looked for by another, who followed close behind. Visibly the pursuer was a young man about seventeen, he stayed only a few minutes behind the other person. Removing their hood the wanderer was a young woman about sixteen, she sat down on a ruin that must have once been a building.
“Eva, why'd you come way out here?” The young man asked the girl. She sighed and threw up her hands in defeat.
“Matthew, you're always following me … why?!” The girl who was addressed to as Eva stood and started to climb an out cropping of rocks. “I can never be alone without you hanging around like my bodyguard.”
“Eva, no need to be harsh, I worry about you.” Eva reached the top.
“Well I'm not a baby Matthew I can take care of myself.” Matthew felt a hard lump grow in his chest and as he swallowed hard it made the lump feel like it was building.
“I know you can, but lately you've been missing your studies and training to getting harder, you need to be there.” Eva removed a leather glove from her left hand and clenched her fist.
“Training is for people who can control what they have Matthew.” She opened her palm and rays of electricity sparked from the center. “And control is something I don't have.”
“You have more control than you think.” Matthew was climbing up the rock. “It's just going to take time.” Eva was lost in thought as she stared at the static that curled and snapped into itself.
“This is as much control that I can give.” Matthew had reached the top and now stood next to Eva.
“Things will get better, it will, I promise.”
“Don't make a promise you can't keep Matthew.” Eva pressed her palm and the sparks against Matthew's shoulder making him cringe in pain. Eva realized what she did and quickly removed her hand, there on Matthew's shoulder was charred fabric and burned skin. She sighed and replaced the glove making the sparks disappear, she then sat down on a cement block.
“I make promises that I can keep, Eva.” Matthew step in front of Eva and placed a finger on her chin. “And I believe that I promised that things will get better if you just try and see the positive side of things.” Eva held her head down and whispered softly.
“Matthew nothing's going to get better, no matter how hard I try I can never be normal.” Matthew lifted her chin.
“I know that the chances of having a normal life seem bleak, but Eva as long as you're with me I will try to make life as normal as it possibly can be.” Eva looked into Matthew's eyes and saw the pain and how much he was hurting, and then she saw his pointed ears and his abnormally pale skin.
“Matthew, me and you can't be normal let alone seem normal.” Eva snapped and pulled herself away.
“Just because I'm of Elven blood doesn't mean that I can't be normal ...” He folded his arms across his chest. “You have wonderful gifts Eva. Do you know how many people in that academy would give to have the gift of foresight!?” Eva shut her eyes tight as they burned with tears as Matthew's tone of voice changed.
“Yeah, Matthew they'd like the gift of foresight but what about the gift to light a freakin' light-bulb or light up a freakin' building!?” Eva yelled. “Would they like to wear leather gloves all the time even when they shower?! Matthew I can kill a Olympic sized swimming pool of people just by sticking my hand in the water.”
“Eva, you think that you've got problems?! You can grow old and have the appearance of a normal human being! Me I can't look human even if I tried, look at me I look every bit Elven but you my sweet Eva, you look every bit like a human.” Matthew now knelled down and held tightly to Eva's hand. “So please show me that you have the strength of the young woman I had fallen in love with. Where is the Eva that I once knew?”
“Your Eva has lost the strength that you speak of, Matthew I'm not that girl you once knew in the cafeteria.”Matthew squeezed Eva's hand.
“Eva that day I was the day that I believed in angels ...”
“Matthew, I'm not that angel that you remember, in fact I don't even have wings, if anything I lost my halo a long time ago.” Mathew let go of Eva's hand and rose to his feet.
“I would never hurt you that way and you know that Eva. I love you more and more everyday, therefore I love you too much to ever hurt you that way.” Matthew pulled Eva to her feet. “I'm not like your father, I'm different and you can be different too.” Eva laughed in disbelief.
“Matthew, are you clueless or something? I can't change! If I was going to go back to that night to change anything it'd be to kill him.”
“Eva nobody's asking you to go back, I”m only asking that you come back to the academy with me and be happy … with me.” Matthew held out his hand, but Eva pushed it away.
“You think that its gonna be that easy? Just to go back and slap one of those smiles on my face? I should have never told you that I'd be your girlfriend if it meant that I had to fake my smile every day.” Matthew's lump in his chest exploded and he felt a tear go down his face.
“You agreeing to be my girlfriend helped me open my eyes to something new. Something that I know I'll never have and that's love for somebody as wonderful as you are.” Matthew pulled Eva into a hug. “If I lost you I'd never love again. My promise to you may not go as planned but I want to give you a life were you can be normal. A life were you don't have to change, a life with me.” Eva limply hugged Matthew and thought about his words.
“Carver can't handle me as well as you can Matthew, and I'm harder on you than I've ever been on Carver, so he wouldn't know.” She hugged him tighter. “So I'll go back and give it another try.” Matthew was filled with relief as he kissed Eva on the top of her head.
“Oh my love I wish I can make you as happy as you make me.” Matthew gives another kiss. “But having your willingness to stay is enough for me.”
Together both students climbed down from the rocks and returned to the campus. Agent Cora Saunders was just returning from one of her classes when she spotted the couple.
“Hey! Matthew, Eva I missed you in class today is everything alright?”Matthew was holding on to Eva's hand tightly.
“Yes Professor Saunders, everything's okay.” Cora looked over at Eva who looked a bit sad and sickly.
“You sure? Eva looks ill.” Eva rests her against Matthew's shoulder.
“I'll be fine Professor I just needed sometime to think things through.” Cora raised an eyebrow.
“Well no more missing my class you'll need it if you want to control your gifts.”
“We know miss Cora, we'll be there tomorrow.” Cora bows her head and walks away.
“Well there's a start to a normal life.” Eva giggles.
“Oh really what's that?” Matthew gives Eva a quick kiss.
“Can't be late to class.” Eva giggles once more and grasps Matthew's hand, bring it up to her face she gives a gently kiss.
“I guess it is.”

Fashionable Shopper

7,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
It's April 3rd so the contest is officially over. Unfortunately for me my computer is being stupid and won't charge properly. It's going to the shop for a few days no more than a week I hope. If the people who were already planning on entering can post their story here before the 10th then I will count it. That's the final day though I can't keep extending the deadline.

Fashionable Shopper

7,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
winners are announced
trade requests have been sent

Rainbow Heckler

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
KuroHime_07
Ms_Sassie_Sarah
Hikaru Seishin
User Name: Hikaru Seishin
Prompt #: 4...I'm Not An Angel - Halestorm
Length: 1779 words
Title: Broken Wing
Entry:

Yay more entries =D Today is turning out to be my day. I'm glad someone used this song

I love this Story I really do

Wow, I didn't even notice someone had quoted me, but thank you :3

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Ms_Sassie_Sarah
winners are announced

I accepted the trade and I'm just waiting on you to finish the trade. I hope you enjoyed my story haha Its a cut scene from a book that I'm working on and I thought that it would be perfect for this contest hahaha

Fashionable Shopper

7,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
KuroHime_07
Ms_Sassie_Sarah
winners are announced

I accepted the trade and I'm just waiting on you to finish the trade. I hope you enjoyed my story haha Its a cut scene from a book that I'm working on and I thought that it would be perfect for this contest hahaha

I finished the trade. it was actually really good. good luck with your book. =)

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Ms_Sassie_Sarah
KuroHime_07
Ms_Sassie_Sarah
winners are announced

I finished the trade. it was actually really good. good luck with your book. =)

I'm glad you liked it haha and thanks

Fashionable Shopper

7,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
And, after all, what is a lie?

Making a new contest (a picture prompt) for anyone who's interested.

'Tis but the truth in a masquerade.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces