Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where would you like the Writing Arena Discussion to be?

Writers Forum 0.70833333333333 70.8% [ 17 ]
Gaia Community Discussion 0.125 12.5% [ 3 ]
other 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 1 ]
don't care 0.125 12.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]

Hi Writing Arena Discussion,

While the Arenas are definitely part of the Gaia Community, there is also a whole Writers Forum where many of you might also like to hang out.

As participants in this forum, you can decide where you would like to be located: continue as a subforum of the Gaia Community Discussion or move to be a subforum of the Writers Forum? Should there be separate arenas subforums for categories like poetry, fanfiction, etc?
I voted for WF subforum. I think it makes more sense that way, and people are more likely to be able to find it there. There's been at least a few threads in there every week about the arena/arena entries, which is almost more than can be said for this poor forum.

Quote:
Should there be separate arenas subforums for categories like poetry, fanfiction, etc?

ohdeargodno. gonk There's little enough point to this forum already.
I don't really care where the forum goes, I just wish that the link would take you to the appropriate forum instead of the Art Arena discussion forum.

Also, I'm wondering if there's an appropriate place to offer feedback on the writer's arena? Some of the guidelines seem a little vague, and I'd love to get some clarification on them.
Both problems are being worked on. ^_^ The devs know about the link, and the rules & guidelines announcement for this forum was sent in for final approval yesterday. Feedback for the arena can go either here or in Site Feedback.
radioactive alchemist
Both problems are being worked on. ^_^ The devs know about the link, and the rules & guidelines announcement for this forum was sent in for final approval yesterday. Feedback for the arena can go either here or in Site Feedback.

You guys rocks!

And I do have a bit of feedback regarding the rules for submission in the arena, although you've probably already seen most of it discussed. My biggest is clarification. The guidelines are a bit vague when it comes to what is considered original material, or what fits the PG13 rating. Is fanfiction considered for the purposes of the arena "original" material? And what is considered to be too sexual, and too violent? I've encountered users posting yaoi and BDSM literature that, while it doesn't go into the sexual acts themselves, are quite graphic. I know I often hint at and allude to sexual themes in my own writing, but I'm not sure what's considered too much. The same with violence, or even offensive language. Am I allowed to describe a violent scene in detail so long as my characters aren't being eviscerated left, right and center, or should I gloss over most of the gore and violence?

PG13 today is a lot different than it was when I was 13 and under 12 years ago. sweatdrop And I really don't want to inadvertently violate arena rules because they're unclear.

Aekea Scarface

User Image
I definitely think this should be a sub-forum of the WF. I also agree with radio on the no separate arenas sub-forums. D;
Very well! This forum wil be moving to the Writers Forum soon!
Honestly, it just makes sense to be in the Writers Forum. Atleast in my own opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff