Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Smoker

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I wrote this poem a while back and I just want some feedback on it because I'm trying to decide if I should even continue writing poems :/ but here you go. You can comment or rate form the link below.

What will you do?

Answers float around in my mind. Nothing clicks or seems to bind.

How will you do it?

The answers screaming in my ears. This cannot block out my fears.

When will you do it?

The answers seems clear but I just can't reach it. It's fading away how will I breach it. I have it now its in my hand. I open it up and I understand.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/writing/poetry-and-lyrics/vote/?entry_id=102696799#title
I like it a lot, actually~

It's very suspenseful (in my opinion) for a poem, and it makes the reader thing about what's happening, and what the background story could be.
Great job and keep up the good work biggrin
kc_marielli
I wrote this poem a while back and I just want some feedback on it because I'm trying to decide if I should even continue writing poems :/ but here you go.

How good you write should not have anything to do with whether you should continue writing or not. I don't understand why so many people think they have to be good at something to enjoy it.

Do you like writing poetry? Do you want to write poetry? If yes, then write it, darn it! If not, then find a new hobby. It's that simple. No one started out very good at writing, or anything for that matter, but they continue to do it and get better because they like it and want to do it.

With that said, the poem sounded good but didn't really evoke to many feelings from me. I guess it was too general? Then again, I'm more into stories and am not very familiar with the art of writing poetry so please take what I've said about your work with a grain of salt. You may have more luck in the Poetry sub-forum, though, if you're looking for critique to get better. (But please, don't let the quality of your work be the judge of whether you should keep doing it or not. That's just silly.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff