Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm trying to report as many as I can, but there are just too many.

The moderators will check that a poem isn't plagiarized before announcing the winner, won't they?
I hate when people take others people work and get credited for it..............Please check out my poem Snowy night and its all authentic written by me! wahmbulance
It isn't even like, taking from small websites or anything.

I saw two people (TWO!!) trying to pass the lyrics of the song "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" off as their own.

Another submitted the first two stanzas to "'Twas the Night Before Christmas."

8,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
My Secret Santa Wishlist is on page 77!
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
I totally agree. I am very upset with some of the submissions they let through. I submitted my entry about 1 - 2 weeks before the contest was announced. In all that time, they didn't bother to check any of the entries?

It's unfair, because those of us who provided valid entries, get hidden by the sea of crappy / plagiarized entries.

I'll be extremely upset if a poor written/ plagiarized poem gets chosen.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
The Ulitmate Christmas Present:
Vote for me in the Holiday Contest.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/event/holiday-poem-contest/vote/?entry_id=100654009
scromlette
I totally agree. I am very upset with some of the submissions they let through. I submitted my entry about 1 - 2 weeks before the contest was announced. In all that time, they didn't bother to check any of the entries?

It's unfair, because those of us who provided valid entries, get hidden by the sea of crappy / plagiarized entries.

I'll be extremely upset if a poor written/ plagiarized poem gets chosen.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/event/holiday-poem-contest/vote/?entry_id=100654009

That was freakin awesome!! U rock!!! Good luck w/ the poem contest.
Art is the same way.Ppl steal artwork and claim they made it.

8,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Lol thanks so much.
I am really hoping to win, it's the first time i've ever entered anything in the arena!

One of the few fives I voted in all the shuffling through the Contest entries went to your "Welcome to the Northpole" poem, Scromlette. It was hilarious. I hope you win and, like you, if a plagiarized or poorly written poem wins simply because that person (and I think this is what they're doing - there's no other explanation as to why some of those poems are in Spotlight) got their friends to blindly vote for them or voted for themselves on mule accounts or even voted others down simply to get theirs to the top, I would be incredibly angry.
I'd assume plagiarism was an issue in every contest Gaia's run that asked for original content. In theory, they'd have a system in place to catch cheaters- but the more entries they get, the more likely it is that copied content is going to get through. My guess is they'll rely on reports to catch the worst offenders, then simply confirm that the winner is original.
I know! That always makes me mad. I wrote my poem from the heart, I hope no one else takes it. . .

http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/event/holiday-poem-contest/vote/?entry_id=100614325#title
I don't usually send thank-you PMs for reports, so I'll say thank you here, Julia, for reporting all those entries. heart

The arenas are a hard place to police because of how they're set up, so unless something gets reported, it doesn't get seen. Please report anything amiss that you see!

I should hope that they'd check the winners...if not, I'm sure plenty of Gaians would cry foul and it would be taken care of. xd
im not that much suprised. the world is screwed up along with many people sad

a cute dragon's Princess

Feline Lover

Wow, people these days... You know, I've noticed that the community of Gaia has gone way downhill, considering how many posers, flamers and stalkers are on here. It's really getting bad. I've only met few decent Gaians that aren't complete idiots.
I mean, plagiarizing, come on. They just do that because they won't admit that they suck at poetry. That, or they just want to see if they can win through that. Cheating. The Gaia Admins need to do something about their community and stop focusing on upgrading the site for once... Kinda sad, that's why instead of talking to people in the Gaia forums and get trolls, I go to a new site called Solia Online. I've never seen a troll there, but since more and more Gaians are joining, the community is going downhill.
Oh well, I'm not really involved in any of it and choose not to be... I remember I voted a two for someone in the cosplay arena and they flamed at me. It was in the cosplay arena and they put something that wasn't even a cosplay. Pathetic really...
But still, I'm in the poetry contest too, and I completely did this one off the top of my head in like, five minutes maybe... I'd appreciate a vote. ^^
http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/event/holiday-poem-contest/vote/?entry_id=100769677

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff