Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
Discuss the non-fiction writing entries here, and what makes good non-fiction.

I will discuss my faves here, too.

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
WELL ... my first comment every week since the new arenas opened is that people seem to have no idea what non-fiction is!

Too many fiction story-bits showing up here! NO NO NO NO NO!

I suppose I should post a link or two to the Writers Forum, where you can always find good resources.

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
If I write a serious essay about a made-up creature, is that fiction or nonfiction?

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
If it's in essay format, yes, it's non-fiction.

Plenty of non-fiction/essays about Bigfoot, chupacabra, etc...

My sister wrote her bachelor's thesis on Battlestar Galactica.

Remember, non-fiction isn't always true, and good fiction is never false.

And let me know if you enter it into the arena!! xd

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I don't know if I will, because this is one of the few things I'm worried people will steal. A completely created species with everything you would need to know about it, well-written...[/paranoid]

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
Like background material for a fiction story?

I'm not sure ... it sounds like it could go either way. Depending on how it's written, if you decide to post it, you might want to put it in fiction, since ultimately it's meant for a fiction audience.

But I hear what you're saying about protecting what you write. It makes me nervous, too.

Aekea Scarface

Commander Oblivious
I don't know if I will, because this is one of the few things I'm worried people will steal. A completely created species with everything you would need to know about it, well-written...[/paranoid]

User Image
I had that idea, too. razz

...just want you to know that I'm not stealing it; it's been on my mind for quite some time now. wink
[♪♪ I think I'm drowning, asphyxiated. I wanna break this spell that you've created.

I love...my entry! xd

Several others are very well-written as well.

A new pet-peeve of mine is when someone puts fiction into the non-fiction arena, but still claim that it's non-fiction when it's clearly not! All of these horrible fanfics are tainting the non-fiction writing arena. User Image

You're something beautiful, a contradiction. I wanna play the game; I want the friction. ♪♪]

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
[ Rose ]
[♪♪ I think I'm drowning, asphyxiated. I wanna break this spell that you've created.

I love...my entry! xd

Several others are very well-written as well.

A new pet-peeve of mine is when someone puts fiction into the non-fiction arena, but still claim that it's non-fiction when it's clearly not! All of these horrible fanfics are tainting the non-fiction writing arena. User Image

You're something beautiful, a contradiction. I wanna play the game; I want the friction. ♪♪]

Yeah, people just don't get it. They think because the show they're writing about is *real* their stories are non-fiction.

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
The new arenas are live, but the non-fiction is still mostly fiction.

The writing entries really ought to be moderated.

I just reported half a dozen entries. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces