: literature or cinema that is not fictional
— non·fic·tion·al ˌnän-ˈfik-shnəl, -shə-nəl adjective

fic·tion
Pronunciation:
ˈfik-shən
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English ficcioun, from Middle French fiction, from Latin fiction-, fictio act of fashioning, fiction, from fingere to shape, fashion, feign — more at dough
Date:
14th century

1 a: something invented by the imagination or feigned; specifically : an invented story b: fictitious literature (as novels or short stories) c: a work of fiction; especially : novel2 a: an assumption of a possibility as a fact irrespective of the question of its truth <a legal fiction> b: a useful illusion or pretense3: the action of feigning or of creating with the imagination
— fic·tion·al -shnəl, -shə-nəl adjective
— fic·tion·al·i·ty ˌfik-shə-ˈna-lə-tē noun
— fic·tion·al·ly ˈfik-shnə-lē, -shə-nəl-ē adverb

In other words, non-fiction is true things. True stories, informative reports, even political rants. It is not fantasy stories. I went in tonight for the first time and started looking at the non-fiction section and out of 10 entries, only 1 was really non-fiction.
Just a heads up, I don't care how nice your story is, I only give 1 star to fictional works posted under non-fiction.

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Junior 100
You would think people posting in the writing forums would be literate enough to know the difference between fiction and non-fiction. stare

5,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
As would I but still, most of the non-fiction section is filled with fictional stories. Some of them were very good and I hated giving them 1 stars but I do not reward ignorance.
LittleWillow85
You would think people posting in the writing forums would be literate enough to know the difference between fiction and non-fiction. stare

Actually, literacy has very little to do with whether or not a person knows the distinction between two classes of writing; it firstly deals with their ability to write, and extends into how much a person knows about and has been exposed to literature, their skill in writing, or their knowledge base (such as being computer literate).

That said however, the distinction between fiction and nonfiction is pretty clearly stated. it's not so much a matter of used not knowing the difference, it's more a matter of users being lazy and not putting their writing in the appropriate section.

Rainbow Trafficker

Oi, I went through the non-fiction sction just now and must have went through ten entries before I found a single entry that actually belonged there. And it was mine. D:
LittleWillow85

Oh I don't think so. You know when the arena even TELLS you, "edit and please use correct grammar and spelling and you'll get good reviews." DOES NO ONE PAY ATTENTION TO THAT?? I swear all the stories I've read in the arena had not only bad grammar, but simple spelling mistakes that should not have been there in the first place. I mean seriously! Who misspells "lie"?
Good lord, what are they teaching these people these days?
yeah... that is ******** (its a technical term). I always make sure that my posts are in the right places... but the same thing happens in the avatar arena now... with Cosplay arena and Original avatars...

kem1234's Husband

Lonely Member

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
non-fiction word are true stories such as 'the gold mine'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash