Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stray Pigs's Waifu

Sexy Werewolf

9,575 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hey everyone, I am trying to write a book where my characters can manipulate matter based off a genetic mutation. So can you help me by telling me the kind of brain waves? Yes, this is something I can look up, but I want to hear multiple views and also, I am hoping to find a way to have them mutate later on in the book, or possibly the series.
Caffeine Shadow
Hey everyone, I am trying to write a book where my characters can manipulate matter based off a genetic mutation. So can you help me by telling me the kind of brain waves? Yes, this is something I can look up, but I want to hear multiple views and also, I am hoping to find a way to have them mutate later on in the book, or possibly the series.

I read a little bit about brain waves when I was researching telepathy. According science (and wikipedia razz ) brain waves don't exist. There was a theory on it but no brain waves were ever detected or proven to be real. People picked up the idea and used it for fiction. So the only "kinds of brain waves" are those made up by people writing stories or movies or cartoons, ect. about it. Of course, I only read this from one source so you would have to do your own research on it but that's all I know about it.

This is where I read it from.

The part on brain waves is in the theories section. It's only a small bit. Like I said, I didn't research it past here.

By the way, what you do mean by 'manipulate matter'? Like, in what way do they manipulate it?

Stray Pigs's Waifu

Sexy Werewolf

9,575 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Kairi Nightingale
Caffeine Shadow

I read a little bit about brain waves when I was researching telepathy. According science (and wikipedia razz ) brain waves don't exist. There was a theory on it but no brain waves were ever detected or proven to be real. People picked up the idea and used it for fiction. So the only "kinds of brain waves" are those made up by people writing stories or movies or cartoons, ect. about it. Of course, I only read this from one source so you would have to do your own research on it but that's all I know about it.

This is where I read it from.

The part on brain waves is in the theories section. It's only a small bit. Like I said, I didn't research it past here.

By the way, what you do mean by 'manipulate matter'? Like, in what way do they manipulate it?

I did a little research on my part and it turns out that the brain waves are a part of the human dreams, so when we dream we have the waves exposed, but they are also real and we emit them all the time but on a low scale until we are in a dream like state.
Caffeine Shadow

I did a little research on my part and it turns out that the brain waves are a part of the human dreams, so when we dream we have the waves exposed, but they are also real and we emit them all the time but on a low scale until we are in a dream like state.

Ah, yes I forgot about the dream part. My information may be a little outdated as well so... sweatdrop

Wait then, if brain waves only come out when you are dreaming and are only used for dreaming, then how would they be of any use?

Also, you didn't answer my question about in what way they manipulate matter. :3

Stray Pigs's Waifu

Sexy Werewolf

9,575 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Kairi Nightingale
Caffeine Shadow

Ah, yes I forgot about the dream part. My information may be a little outdated as well so... sweatdrop

Wait then, if brain waves only come out when you are dreaming and are only used for dreaming, then how would they be of any use?

Also, you didn't answer my question about in what way they manipulate matter. :3

That is why i needed the information, there are alpha, beta, theta, and sigma waves. so they are based off greek letters and the manipulating matter is part of my characters abilities that they can access at will because of a specific mutation that only they can have, the rest is going to be explained in my book.
Caffeine Shadow
Kairi Nightingale
Caffeine Shadow

That is why i needed the information, there are alpha, beta, theta, and sigma waves. so they are based off greek letters and the manipulating matter is part of my characters abilities that they can access at will because of a specific mutation that only they can have, the rest is going to be explained in my book.

Oh, I see. You're basing their power off what you research. I do things the other way around but now that I think about it, I'm the one that sounds a bit backwards. lol Usually I just come up with an idea for a power and then think about what I want it to do and then research it to see what's theoretically possible or not. Then I work from there. Okay, I'll do a little more research on it and try to get back to you.

Stray Pigs's Waifu

Sexy Werewolf

9,575 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Kairi Nightingale
Caffeine Shadow
Kairi Nightingale
Caffeine Shadow

Oh, I see. You're basing their power off what you research. I do things the other way around but now that I think about it, I'm the one that sounds a bit backwards. lol Usually I just come up with an idea for a power and then think about what I want it to do and then research it to see what's theoretically possible or not. Then I work from there. Okay, I'll do a little more research on it and try to get back to you.

That's how i did my way, and am using research to be sure i had it on the right track

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff