Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Doing some writing and finding it bloody hard to settle on a name for the main character. All the names for the other characters are weird like Cleopatra, Mercury, Romeo, Silver, Hero.

I was going to name my main character Jinx and claim that Jinx was short for Jinxesca. Like a mix of Jinx and Francesca but I tried saying it out loud and it is aquard. So now Im trying to think of another one. It needs to be wierd as well so Alexandria or Victoria wont work.

I tried Destiny or Justice but Destiny is overused and Justice is shortened to Just and I don't like that.

I would appreciate as many suggestions as possible please. heart

Dapper Genius

3,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Consumer 100
You may think this is weird, but I kinda like Jinxesca. Its sounds cool. But if you really don't like that name, here are a couple I found online.

Bronwen
Idony
Mairead
Alchemy
Sonnet

You could also search online, by looking for unusual names and you should get a bunch of baby name websites to help you out.
Why don't you just switch the other characters to having normal names? I just can't imagine a parent naming their kid Jinxesca or Hero. sweatdrop

But, hey, if you really want to keep the other names, why don't you just name the main character something normal, anyway? It'll definitely make her/him stick out.

Baby name sites can help you out. There are plenty of strange sounding, but very real names out there that you can use. You just have to find them. This is a site I found that lists a bunch of names. Some of the letters don't work for some reason but most do. They have the origins too.

Name site

Hope you find it useful. Good luck!

5,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Kairi Nightingale
Why don't you just switch the other characters to having normal names? I just can't imagine a parent naming their kid Jinxesca or Hero. sweatdrop

But, hey, if you really want to keep the other names, why don't you just name the main character something normal, anyway? It'll definitely make her/him stick out.

Baby name sites can help you out. There are plenty of strange sounding, but very real names out there that you can use. You just have to find them. This is a site I found that lists a bunch of names. Some of the letters don't work for some reason but most do. They have the origins too.

Name site

Quite a few of the main characters are half-fae and it seemed weird to have normal names for characters born to the fae.

5,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Lady Zyzzyva
You may think this is weird, but I kinda like Jinxesca. Its sounds cool. But if you really don't like that name, here are a couple I found online.

Bronwen
Idony
Mairead
Alchemy
Sonnet

You could also search online, by looking for unusual names and you should get a bunch of baby name websites to help you out.

Thanks for the help.
Rydia Dragonfire
Kairi Nightingale

Name site

Quite a few of the main characters are half-fae and it seemed weird to have normal names for characters born to the fae.

Fae? As in fairy-like creatures? (Elves, trolls, fairies, etc.)

Then look up some Celtic names. Those should fit.

5,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Kairi Nightingale
Rydia Dragonfire
Kairi Nightingale

Name site

Fae like the irish legends and Oberon and Meave from Shakespear.

I'll check out some Celtic names though.
Rydia Dragonfire
Kairi Nightingale
Rydia Dragonfire
Kairi Nightingale

Name site

Fae like the irish legends and Oberon and Meave from Shakespear.

I'll check out some Celtic names though.

Irish was Celtic.
Rydia Dragonfire
Doing some writing and finding it bloody hard to settle on a name for the main character. All the names for the other characters are weird like Cleopatra, Mercury, Romeo, Silver, Hero.

I was going to name my main character Jinx and claim that Jinx was short for Jinxesca. Like a mix of Jinx and Francesca but I tried saying it out loud and it is aquard. So now Im trying to think of another one. It needs to be wierd as well so Alexandria or Victoria wont work.

I tried Destiny or Justice but Destiny is overused and Justice is shortened to Just and I don't like that.

I would appreciate as many suggestions as possible please. heart

Firstly, not to be mean, but I think you mean awkward, not aquard. It is a very awkward word, no?

Secondly, There are lots of name generators out there like this one: Fantasy Name Generator

This one is good for fantasy names and allows you to pick if you want lots of vowels or whatnot in the name. That being said, Jinxesca is kinda cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff