Welcome to Gaia! ::

Help me come up with a seed idea for a novel?! I can bloom from that...
Sadly, we are not actually allowed to hand out ideas like this on the writing forums. We can only help develop ideas and solve problems that the creator already comes up with. Any ideas anyone gets on their own, they would probably keep to write for themselves anyway. So you won't get much luck with this.

(This is actually the wrong forum for this, by the way. This is actually the arena sub forum, not the main writers forum. It's alright, though. Threads get misplaced here all the time. It may take a few days, but I can send in a request to move it for you if you want.)

With that said, coming up with a base premise is actually the easy part. I've no idea what genre or things you are into, but inspiration for ideas is literally everywhere. Just find something interesting, put it in a what-if scenario, ask questions, and keep thinking about it. Get outside, read stuff, look at pictures, listen to music. Trust me when I say something will spark and you will get an idea.

I'm looking around my room right now and I see a gorilla-warrior figurine and a tiger that has Velcro arms and is hanging off my shelf like a monkey. What if there was a planet where a population of intelligent gorillas had to face off against an influx of their main predator- vicious tiger-monkey hybrids that stalk the trees and viciously tear apart their prey. What if one gorilla had a brother who set off with a group to find the cause of why so many tiger-monkeys have suddenly flooded the area but went missing and the main character gorilla summoned up the courage to find out what happened? What if...? Boom. You got a premise.

(I know I said we aren't allowed to give out ideas but it just so happened that I'm not especially interested in this little idea, so you can have it. (At the same time, the tiger monkeys do sound kind of awesome... :3 ))

See how easy that was though? Take bits and pieces of things you find interesting and see if you can fit them together. The story I'm working on right now is heavily influenced by religion, war, and a couple dreams I had once that gave me the idea for a race of monsters and the pretty much handed me the main character that started it all. So you see, you never know when an idea will strike you. But if you look around enough, there are dozens of ideas just waiting for someone to notice them.

And if your still having trouble, there's a sticky filled with prompts and ideas here in the main writers forum that may be helpful.

Good luck.
How about you write a BL novel or shoujo manga but i swear that you might have an exciting idea
^_~

Shy Bunny

3,725 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PSiloveyou2
Help me come up with a seed idea for a novel?! I can bloom from that...
read books by diffrent authors . like one , mystery horror . romance which ever you like . i draw my inspiretion from books movies and music

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff