Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Noob

9,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
As much as I love writing, I'm starting to think it's a distraction... Many people think of writing as a good way to vent, but I feel guilty every time I do write. Like I'm going to HelI... So every time I write I feel so much negative hate emotion that I just give up and get mad... And every time I want to write I feel so baddddd.....
AnimeCobb
As much as I love writing, I'm starting to think it's a distraction... Many people think of writing as a good way to vent, but I feel guilty every time I do write. Like I'm going to HelI... So every time I write I feel so much negative hate emotion that I just give up and get mad... And every time I want to write I feel so baddddd.....

What do you write? Why do you feel that way about writing? How does what you are writing relate to going to Hell?

Big Noob

9,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kairi Nightingale
AnimeCobb

What do you write? Why do you feel that way about writing? How does what you are writing relate to going to Hell?

I just write little stories... But it's not the kinds of thngs I write that make me feel guilty... I just think God doesn't like me and I'm going to HelI and everything I do is a distraction.
AnimeCobb
Kairi Nightingale
AnimeCobb

I just write little stories... But it's not the kinds of thngs I write that make me feel guilty... I just think God doesn't like me and I'm going to HelI and everything I do is a distraction.

Alright, let's just try to think through why you feel this way and see what the real problem is.

What kind of things do you write that make you feel guilty? Do you do bad stuff to your characters or something?

If so, characters aren't real. Writing is a way to entertain yourself and others. As long as you aren't doing these things to real people, it's fine. You're not actually hurting anyone.

How does this relate to your religion? Is what you're writing going against what your religious beliefs are and that's why you feel God will punish you?

You're not doing anything wrong by stating how you feel through writing little stories, especially if they are fiction. I'm sure God understands and respects your feelings.

How is writing a distraction for you? Is it getting in the way of chores, time with your family and friends, or school work?

If so, maybe you just need to plan your writing sessions more carefully so that it doesn't interfere with other aspects of your life. This is exactly why I always write late at night, after all my work is done and when nobody is awake. So try finding time like that for yourself where it won't feel like a distraction.

Big Noob

9,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kairi Nightingale
AnimeCobb
Kairi Nightingale
AnimeCobb

Alright, let's just try to think through why you feel this way and see what the real problem is.

What kind of things do you write that make you feel guilty? Do you do bad stuff to your characters or something?

If so, characters aren't real. Writing is a way to entertain yourself and others. As long as you aren't doing these things to real people, it's fine. You're not actually hurting anyone.

How does this relate to your religion? Is what you're writing going against what your religious beliefs are and that's why you feel God will punish you?

You're not doing anything wrong by stating how you feel through writing little stories, especially if they are fiction. I'm sure God understands and respects your feelings.

How is writing a distraction for you? Is it getting in the way of chores, time with your family and friends, or school work?

If so, maybe you just need to plan your writing sessions more carefully so that it doesn't interfere with other aspects of your life. This is exactly why I always write late at night, after all my work is done and when nobody is awake. So try finding time like that for yourself where it won't feel like a distraction.

Nothing bad really happens to the characters, and what I write about doesn't go against my religion. But no matter what I write it just reminds me of bad things I've done and maybe that I'm not forgiven. And yes, most of the time I write before I have finished school work, and I write until like 2 AM and no homework is done. And when I get to school the next morning, I get in trouble and I TRY the homework but Math especially is too hard.
AnimeCobb

Nothing bad really happens to the characters, and what I write about doesn't go against my religion. But no matter what I write it just reminds me of bad things I've done and maybe that I'm not forgiven. And yes, most of the time I write before I have finished school work, and I write until like 2 AM and no homework is done. And when I get to school the next morning, I get in trouble and I TRY the homework but Math especially is too hard.

Math is only hard because you're not putting the effort into practicing it via homework. Trust me, it's not my strong suit either, but it's the only kind of homework I actually made a point doing because I knew I needed the practice. If you need help, ask your parents. Ask your teacher for tutoring. Ask friends for help (but don't cheat off them. You'll never get it that way.) Put the effort in!

Reschedule your writing. Tell yourself that you can't write until after your homework is done. This will take some discipline. I can't hold your hand and make you do this; this is a decision you have to make and uphold for yourself. Writing is only a distraction if you make it a distraction. If you really love writing, try making it a reward instead. See how it goes. If it doesn't work out, try something else. But do something about it!

Now, about your feelings toward writing. I still don't quite understand where you are coming from but from the sounds of it, it's not your writing that's the problem. I can't help but feel that you're just blaming it on the writing. So, you've done something shameful from the past and you're worried that you won't be forgiven? Okay, who do you want forgiveness from? What makes you think that you aren't already forgiven?

If you tell me more about these actions, I could probably be of more help but I'd hate to invade your personal life, especially when I'm just a stranger. So let me tell you how I feel about forgiveness.

It starts with yourself. If you can't forgive yourself for something that you've done, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I've done some stupid stuff, and people have forgiven me for it. But if I'm still upset at myself for doing it, then it doesn't matter. I'm still going to feel guilty and ashamed.

So this how I get over that feeling. I talk about it to someone I trust; to someone I know who will knock some sense into me. Most of the time, I laugh about it in the end. Because chances are ten years from now, heck maybe even ten days from now, it won't matter what I did. And if there's really nothing else you can do about it; what else is there to do? If it's something really bad, however, I try to think of ways I can make things better. But doing either of those things are meaningless unless I get over myself first.

In short, ask yourself this: In the end, does it really matter that you messed up? Will this affect you later on in life in a big way? Is there a way to make it better? If so, then do what you can, and see what happens. If not, move on. Don't linger on the past. Learn from your mistakes and look toward a brighter future.

Big Noob

9,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kairi Nightingale
AnimeCobb

Math is only hard because you're not putting the effort into practicing it via homework. Trust me, it's not my strong suit either, but it's the only kind of homework I actually made a point doing because I knew I needed the practice. If you need help, ask your parents. Ask your teacher for tutoring. Ask friends for help (but don't cheat off them. You'll never get it that way.) Put the effort in!

Reschedule your writing. Tell yourself that you can't write until after your homework is done. This will take some discipline. I can't hold your hand and make you do this; this is a decision you have to make and uphold for yourself. Writing is only a distraction if you make it a distraction. If you really love writing, try making it a reward instead. See how it goes. If it doesn't work out, try something else. But do something about it!

Now, about your feelings toward writing. I still don't quite understand where you are coming from but from the sounds of it, it's not your writing that's the problem. I can't help but feel that you're just blaming it on the writing. So, you've done something shameful from the past and you're worried that you won't be forgiven? Okay, who do you want forgiveness from? What makes you think that you aren't already forgiven?

If you tell me more about these actions, I could probably be of more help but I'd hate to invade your personal life, especially when I'm just a stranger. So let me tell you how I feel about forgiveness.

It starts with yourself. If you can't forgive yourself for something that you've done, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I've done some stupid stuff, and people have forgiven me for it. But if I'm still upset at myself for doing it, then it doesn't matter. I'm still going to feel guilty and ashamed.

So this how I get over that feeling. I talk about it to someone I trust; to someone I know who will knock some sense into me. Most of the time, I laugh about it in the end. Because chances are ten years from now, heck maybe even ten days from now, it won't matter what I did. And if there's really nothing else you can do about it; what else is there to do? If it's something really bad, however, I try to think of ways I can make things better. But doing either of those things are meaningless unless I get over myself first.

In short, ask yourself this: In the end, does it really matter that you messed up? Will this affect you later on in life in a big way? Is there a way to make it better? If so, then do what you can, and see what happens. If not, move on. Don't linger on the past. Learn from your mistakes and look toward a brighter future.

I don't think you're invading my personal life. But I have done things that I regret, and I just want forgiveness from God. You're right-I should forgive myself, but I'm not sure I have. Some days I feel bad, and others I don't
AnimeCobb

I don't think you're invading my personal life. But I have done things that I regret, and I just want forgiveness from God. You're right-I should forgive myself, but I'm not sure I have. Some days I feel bad, and others I don't

I know it's tough. In the end, though, all you can do is try and hope the best. Don't dwell on things; that will only lead to misery and I'm sure God wouldn't want to wish that on you. I'm sure that whatever you did, He forgives you and respects your decisions.

Just try to live your life in the best way you know how. Try to be happy. Life is too short to waste on regrets.

Big Noob

9,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kairi Nightingale
AnimeCobb

I know it's tough. In the end, though, all you can do is try and hope the best. Don't dwell on things; that will only lead to misery and I'm sure God wouldn't want to wish that on you. I'm sure that whatever you did, He forgives you and respects your decisions.

Just try to live your life in the best way you know how. Try to be happy. Life is too short to waste on regrets.

Thank you. You really helped me feel better. cat_smile
AnimeCobb
Kairi Nightingale
AnimeCobb

Thank you. You really helped me feel better. cat_smile

I was happy to help. ^.^ Take care!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas