Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kripto's Queen

Shy Kitten

28,325 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Converting 100 items 100
Well, Hai at first i got a couple of quistions.

My head is always full of story ideas.
but i never now what to put were
when i am trying to write something, it always a weard story line.

how to start? how to put ur new ideas in the story line?

i already got the characters in my head but they have to be met eachotcher in the past and present ect.

some people can help me? mad
Write your ideas down first. Then try to make them work together. Then try to figure out an outline that works. When you start writing, follow that and see how it works.

That's the basic of basic. Truth is, everyone has their different method/process of writing their stories. Look around the internet to see how other writers do it (there are plenty of blogs out there with writing tips) and then try it out for yourself. Try to find what works for you.

Also, this is slightly unrelated, but try to work on your grammar and spelling a bit. It was a little hard to read your post.

A couple other tips for you first story:
- Don't show off your story as you write it. Finish a whole first draft; don't worry about how it comes out. Just get the story down. Then spend some time editing it. THEN, when you're ready to see what other people think, show it to others.

- Don't be afraid of criticism. It stings at first but it can only help you in the end. Take everything told to you into consideration and try to learn from your mistakes. (Notice I said, 'take it in consideration'. You don't have to listen to everyone. But at least try to see where they are coming from before deciding whether to take their advice or not. )

- There are plenty of resources online that will help you learn more about writing. Look around forums and writer blogs. You could also try getting a book on writing. I have two books and they've turned out to be quite helpful.

If you have any specific questions, try to post them in the main writers forum (this is the arena sub forum. You can find the link to the main forum at the bottom of this page. Just click on Writers). Or you can pm me if you like and I'll try to help. Good luck on your writing!

Loyal Friend

13,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
heey mimi, in this comment i will be writing english, for the benifit of all cat_xd

you can also star with something that has to do with the past, or futer (or the end of the book or chapter). that will be to make the reader very quirious! cat_razz

i hope it helped! cat_biggrin
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

greetz fire princess andrea

Invisible Genius

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Befriended 100
mimi_rotuka
Well, Hai at first i got a couple of quistions.

My head is always full of story ideas.
but i never now what to put were
when i am trying to write something, it always a weard story line.

how to start? how to put ur new ideas in the story line?

i already got the characters in my head but they have to be met eachotcher in the past and present ect.

some people can help me? mad

As said before it helps to write down the idea. As a hobby novelist I tend to have many ideas and no set story line so when I get an idea I write it down. I always carry pen and paper or my phone with me so I can make a quick note of my idea for when I get behind my computer. Then when I have the idea I look at it critically and try to work out what I want.

What do I want to happen, how does it have to end, will there be any pairings? It helps you if you question your plot. Another good thing to do is ask a friend to look at your idea and have them ask questions. Someone who looks at it from the readers view always has a bunch of ideas.

Me and my writer friend used to love bouncing ideas off each other. I'd give her one of mine and she'd send me one of hers and then we'd each come up with questions and suggestions and help the other figure out the plot line for the story.

However there is no SET way to start a story. Just write your idea down and work from there onward. The beginning will hit you at some point I'm sure. ^.^

To give an example I usually have this middle of the story and an awesome end and need to fill up holes. I just write what I have because if I don't I might forget it and that's a shame of what could be a very awesome bit of the story. It's easier to later edit it if the rest of the story needs it than to find you forgot the epically awesome scene you thought up. Always write down your thoughts no matter how silly they seem.
There are several ways to get a story going, but it is good to start with a simple idea or theme, something you want to comment on or say about society (but it doesn't necessarily have to be about society, it can be anything). Something I also like to do is create a bunch of characters with different personality traits. Make a list about each character (as detailed as you want, the more detailed the better), and then put two characters together in a simple situation. How would they react to each other, what would they say, how are their reactions different from each other? Do they like each other, hate each other, why? Try that out and create a short short story, just to get a feel for it and dip your feet into the world of story making. As many people have said, there are several ways to write a story, but it is super important that you just *start* something, anything. smile Good luck!

P.S- put your stories and random ideas together in a notebook and entitle it "graveyard." This is a place where you can go back and look at past ideas if your dealing with writer's block. smile Don't worry about grammar in your graveyard, just go nuts and write!

Kripto's Queen

Shy Kitten

28,325 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
crescent_moon065
There are several ways to get a story going, but it is good to start with a simple idea or theme, something you want to comment on or say about society (but it doesn't necessarily have to be about society, it can be anything). Something I also like to do is create a bunch of characters with different personality traits. Make a list about each character (as detailed as you want, the more detailed the better), and then put two characters together in a simple situation. How would they react to each other, what would they say, how are their reactions different from each other? Do they like each other, hate each other, why? Try that out and create a short short story, just to get a feel for it and dip your feet into the world of story making. As many people have said, there are several ways to write a story, but it is super important that you just *start* something, anything. smile Good luck!

P.S- put your stories and random ideas together in a notebook and entitle it "graveyard." This is a place where you can go back and look at past ideas if your dealing with writer's block. smile Don't worry about grammar in your graveyard, just go nuts and write!

that last idea will maybe work, i will work on biggrin
My personal method for structuring a story or plot is to think of an ending. Whether it's dramatic or comedic, it must be an ending that would satisfy your audience. From that point I work backwards and put down, in GREAT detail, how the plot arrived at the ending I've chosen. Then, I walk away for a week or two, just let the idea breathe inside my skull. When I come back to it, I erase the bits that don't serve the main story vein, or the bits that simply don't fit, refine the structure, and walk away for another week. When I come back the second time, I sit down and begin to write without looking over my storyline at all; not even ONCE. I do this for two reasons: 1. I've already reviewed the storyline and restructured it, so it is in my subconscious memory already and 2. The human brain works better when it has freedom to stray from an idea. If you stray too far, you can always use your storyline to bring you back.

bkc555's Fav

Toxic Seraph

13,975 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I'd actually advise you against just writing it out randomly. I do that and then I wonder why most of my stories, songs, and poetry are incomplete. It's because I spend so much time worrying about starting my idea that I don't have the energy for anything else.

Do a web. Write down, say, a character's name and draw a circle around that name. Then branch out with descriptions of how you see the character or different personality traits you want that character to have. Once you've done that, do it again with another character. And so on and so forth.

Once you've got your ideas in order, start writing.

Kripto's Queen

Shy Kitten

28,325 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
ShowsMeDeath
I'd actually advise you against just writing it out randomly. I do that and then I wonder why most of my stories, songs, and poetry are incomplete. It's because I spend so much time worrying about starting my idea that I don't have the energy for anything else.

Do a web. Write down, say, a character's name and draw a circle around that name. Then branch out with descriptions of how you see the character or different personality traits you want that character to have. Once you've done that, do it again with another character. And so on and so forth.

Once you've got your ideas in order, start writing.

that web idea is aazing, cuze if u do all characters- ends and begin end all coplete ust put it in the right way
tank so much i didnt think of it <3 glad u helpe meh

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
I'd also recommend coming up with the some goals or things that motivate the characters and then think of something that will get in the way of that for one or several of them. You can start the story out on an interesting note by having them be in some kind of a dilemma.

Of course, I don't know why I'm giving out advice, I'm still on like my 3rd rewrite of one of my stories and not satisfied at all. sweatdrop

5,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
You can start like this:

Luna was helpless as the wolf bit her open as if she was nothing but a little flower. It pricked and prodded his way through her semi-concious self. For once, Luna didn't mind. She cared less and less of the world. No wonder no one was here to save here. She was lonely.
'But was that a voice?' she wondered, twisting uncomfortably from the hungry grey wolf. 'A voice calling my name loudly?'

"Luna," she heard quietly. "Luna!"

Yeah, well. This is a start. Hopefully this helps you smile

Kripto's Queen

Shy Kitten

28,325 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
pretty_silver11
You can start like this:

Luna was helpless as the wolf bit her open as if she was nothing but a little flower. It pricked and prodded his way through her semi-concious self. For once, Luna didn't mind. She cared less and less of the world. No wonder no one was here to save here. She was lonely.
'But was that a voice?' she wondered, twisting uncomfortably from the hungry grey wolf. 'A voice calling my name loudly?'

i know its a bgin, but after that i am ike How do i put it into the storyline its hard D mad d
but im on my way smile still trying to
Well start with setting your mind to your character first because through him/her you'll be able to catch the ideas that what your character(s) should do. By their personality yo will be able to determine.

You know thinking the end of your story has advantage or disadvantage because determining your end might help you straighten your mind as to what will happen but at the same time it might tighten your writing as to what should be written in the middle of it. Well, anyway, I guess your ending could vary also when you have manage your story to the middle........

Well, that's all I can say... 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

I hope I helped ....

5,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
mimi_rotuka
pretty_silver11
You can start like this:

i know its a bgin, but after that i am ike How do i put it into the storyline its hard D mad d
but im on my way smile still trying to

I know. It takes a minute to develop a story in your mind and fill the words on paper. Like you have it but when you write it, it comes out like bleh. I understand how you feel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff