- Posted: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:37:33 +0000
There seems to be certain elements of fiction that make for a generally popular and highly rated story. Help extend on this with your own thoughts; these are just some things I've noticed.
1. Good Looking Characters (preteen girls eat up Edward whats-his-face from Twilight, so it works, no matter how dumb it sounds)
2. Death (morbid sounding, but if it's sickeningly sappy, people love it ex: Chicken Soup for the Soul)
3. Love (again with the preteen girls all longing for a hot romance)
4. Surprise (if you catch your readers off guard in a shocking/funny/touching way at the end, they'll think it's wonderful)
sister moon, be my guide