Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, out of interest, what're your favourite words at the moment, and why?
Just one word can sometimes cause all sorts of inspiration and motivation, etc. etc. I like words a lot. I like words that are fun to repeat aloud over and over again, I like words that describe exactly what they mean perfectly, I like confusing misnomers.
Mine is probably "acrid". What a nice word. Sharp and spiky and acidic.
Contrivance

I love the idea of tiny simple things turning a piece of art into a masterpiece

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Serenity

I imagine a silky silver moon in a quiet, breezy night.
Any words with round sounds,
any words that feel as they sound.
Shot, gut, ache, sizzle, puffed
words classified as onomatopoeia --

words like that.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
My characters constantly "murmur" things. If I think about why, I feel like there's a quiet gentleness to the word that most of my favorite characters carry with them... so they murmur a lot rofl

Celestial Spirit

I like so many, though.

Well, one recurring word is "blood." It has implications both dark and alive, and valuable as life itself.

Anxious Lunatic

'Lonely' is one of my favourite words, currently. It just feels makes someone feel so hollow when they think about it enough.

Though, 'Tetrapyloctomy' has always been one of my favourite words simply because it will probably never be used in a normal conversation, heh. It means 'The operation of splitting a hair into four'. Utterly useless and I love it~
Xerophthalmy has always been one of my favorite words.

Other than that... "era"? I had a little kid yell at me for using 'big' words once when I said that and it was like stare "... it's three letters long."

Adorable Kitten

'Seaward' presently. It changes a lot. But I don't know. I grew up by the ocean and I always imagine gulls and waves when I hear it. It also has an implication of "coming home" to me.
Constabulary.
It's the 'bully' bit that does it.

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
I honestly can't think of one, except for Serenity. It just reminds me of an ocean.

Familiar Fatcat

One of mine isn't in English. rofl

Bibliothèque - Library.

An English one that, for me, makes me kind of like?

Gyrate.
SatanBarbie
Xerophthalmy has always been one of my favorite words.

Other than that... "era"? I had a little kid yell at me for using 'big' words once when I said that and it was like stare "... it's three letters long."

It's interesting about how era is waynice dragged outwards when you say it. You could see, a whole era of word in that word.
My favorite at the moment is indignant.

Bashful Bibliophile

31,215 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Crack Shot 50
Preternatural...not that I use it in writing much.

I like it because it seems completely unnecessary when supernatural already exists and their definitions are so similar.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff