Welcome to Gaia! ::

bainen
You jump out of your shower because an idea hit you and it simply can't wait (my muse is sadistic like that)

My muse isn't as crazy as I am. I actually take my notebook and a pen into the bathroom with me when I take a shower or bathe. 3nodding All my ideas ALWAYS happen when I'm showering. . . seriously. All of the good ones at least. ^-^
The one I am the most guilty of is having a different notebook for each story.

here's a few new ones:
-asking everyone you meet (even strangers on the street) wether they mind having a story written about them
-about half the books you read are how to write such-and-such type of stories... and the other half is books read solely for inspiration
-your idea of greatest praise is being compared to a great author

eventually I will remember the really good one I had at one point during the reading of this thread... untill then... heart
Acata
here's a few new ones:
-asking everyone you meet (even strangers on the street) wether they mind having a story written about them

Haha, here's one I thought of based off what you said:

You know you write too much when you walk up to random strangers and ask them what their name was because you think it's this and you want to know what a person with said name would look like. ((I'm really considering doing that...I need to know.))
kuroku_tenshi

1) When you start to carry a miniature notebook with you Everywhere in case inspiration kicks you in the face.

2) When someone asks for a writing utensil you jump at them and ask which they would prefer: pen or pencil, what brand and/or what color.

3) When someone asks for a writing utensil you fear the loss of said implement like it's your arm and act like you've never heard of such a thing.

1) This is not a sign you are writing too much---it's admiting that you would like to remember all those cool details or plot solvers that ramdomly pop up in your head, but you don't have the memory for it.

2) Been there, done that. Pick a color, any color!

3) This is also a problem I have. redface

You also know your gettin' really into your story when you read a book and keep expecting your own characters to show up. (I'm battling this problem at the moment, in fact)
And when you're telling you friends one of those 'guess what happened the other day' stories, and you start telling about a char. from you story. (Yes, I have done this as well, and it was quite embarrassing, particulartly since I was talking to my friend who knew of some of the characters and how obsessed with writing I am redface
Fail_Lanfear
And when you're telling you friends one of those 'guess what happened the other day' stories, and you start telling about a char. from you story. (Yes, I have done this as well, and it was quite embarrassing, particulartly since I was talking to my friend who knew of some of the characters and how obsessed with writing I am redface

Heh. I've done this. My friends basically learn to either agree with me or ignore my ravings. rolleyes
when all you ask for - for Any holiday - is a paper in some form and some nice pens. and when you don't get them, you pout, throw a fit, and exclaim that no one knows you well enough to get you what you really want.
back-to-school is your favorite time of year. *sales on paper and writing utensils*

everytime you walk into a store, you look longingly down the office supplies aisle.

if your parents can't find you while you're at the store with them, the first place they look is the office supplies aisle.

*btw- so many of these are things i do. i'm so glad i'm not the only one that needs help ^^ *
When you vividly describe everything you are doing to your girlfriend, to her, while having sex, in a third person point of view.
Shammybaby
When you vividly describe everything you are doing to your girlfriend, to her, while having sex, in a third person point of view.

that would be very... awkward...
(I'm not the only one with major issues! yay!)

-you dump your boyfriend/girlfriend because he/she said something bad about one of your characters. (true!)

Eloquent Flatterer

You completely refurnish and rearrange your house, spending who-knows-how-much money, just to make your characters happy.

You hear your characters' voices. Literally. You've got your appointment time with a psychiatrist in your planner.

You'll take long, inane quizzes over and over just to find out what result your characters get. That one activity takes up the majority of your day besides writing.

You know much more about your fictional worlds than the real world.
You know you write too much when:

*Your teachers dread grading your written assignments, knowing how long and intricate they are.

*You're paired off for a partners writing assignment, and immediately take over and have the whole thing written by the time most groups are getting started.
(Done it!! sweatdrop )

*You worship your Muses like the ancient Greeks did--even building shrines and leaving offerings for them.

(Scary how many of the things mentioned on this thread I've actually done!!! sweatdrop )
You know you write too much when...

1) You have a favourite type, brand, and colour of pencil and you refuse to use any other.

2) When people ask you if you have a pencil for the to borrow, you tell them "no" on the grounds that they are your favourite pencils.

3) You have non-stop dreams where you are one of your characters on one of their many adventures.

All 3 have happened to me sweatdrop .
You and your friends spend lunch running around the playground as your different characters.

You and your best friend constantly argue about whether your books are better than the other ones, then get into long arguments as to why the other persons book is better.

It's 4 in the morning and you're at your best friends house, six or seven notebooks scattered around you as you bounce ideas off of each other.

You kill off one of your characters and your friends react as though you killed yourself. Well, so do you but oh well.

You write a rape scene or something like that and it bugs you so much you have to put that story away for a while. It just felt too real when the scene came to mind.

Your characters are almost better known by your friends than they are by you.

Someone smeared a notebook page, or ripped it. You plot the best way to tear their throat out.

Sketch pads of the characters are locked in one drawer of your desk, the other is drawing utensils, the other is pens, and the rest are objects of inspiration, newspaper clippings, floppies, and notebooks.

You dress as one of your characters for Halloween and people recognize you.

You want a scene to feel more natural so you do a lot of extra research to make sure you are portraying it right.

You make sketches of random people to use for future reference, watching how they act and how they speak when you are sure they aren't watching.

When things in your life start going wrong, your characters take over and deal with the situation for you.

You come up with your best ideas at the most inopportune moment or at 3 am.

You dream of your characters and use the scenes in your dreams for writing, or you spend the time before you sleep going through every possible situation that could happen.

When school is coming you rejoice because soon you can go shopping. Kids in candy stores doesn't begin to describe your reaction to the sales, and when you come home you take all the new pens and notebooks out and give them their homes in your room, your bags, where ever they will feel the most loved.

You know perfectly well that you're crazy, perhaps schizophrenic (sp?) but admitting it to someone with meds might mean they take away your characters, and that would destroy you.

You have your favorite pencils, lead type, pen colors, shapes of the utensils, and anything less would be uncomfortable. You will only allow them to be lent to those you would trust with your life, or even one of your precious books.

If something bad happened to any of your stories you would spontaneously combust.

You fall in love with characters you have created or the ones your friends made up. They're better than the real thing, aren't they?

You use them as a way of telling your friends how you feel. If I were to say, "I am Alizea right now," they'd know I was a bit depressed but getting better.

The only reason you care about anything that really happens is so you can find a way to influence it's description into something usable in the story. Otherwise, it can go to hell.

If anyone bothers you while you are writing, you snarl at them and try to bite the closest part of them to you.

Your classmates hate you for your longer better stories and your teachers wish you were in another class. They can TRY to restrict you, of course, but that doesn't mean the creative beast within will obey.

Poems and stories are sometimes the only thing you and your friends have in common.

You're on Gaia to collect more ideas and meet people who might have them.

The phone bill is too much for your parents to pay because you and your friends have been up late exchanging stories again.

Your grandparents got ahold of one of your notebooks and tried to throw it away, afraid your mind was too whatever it is and that getting rid of the ramblings might make you saner or something. Things have never been the same between you again.

All of these and more apply to me. I really do bite if I am bothered, and it is fun. twisted
darkdragonqueen
You know you write too much when: You have a different three ring notebook for each story in the works, along with a seperate pen for each...><

When your floor is covered in unfinished stories, or crumpled papers that never made it to the garbage...><

And pretty much just about everything everyone else has said... ^^'

I really do have the notebooks, along with a separate notebook a friend gave me for general ideas. So that's about 6 notebooks- a lot to carry sometimes! lol
Can relate to just about everything exept for the characters talking back to me or in my dreams or something-- I'm not quite to that point yet

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff