Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
musicfreak14100
I will write what i feel like and you will write what you feel like. This is America and it's a free country so say what you like. My request to write in a subforum will not be put to action i'm sorry to those of you i disapoint. heart ninja cool

If you wanted to be reported, just say so in the first place.
I_Write_Ivre
musicfreak14100
I will write what i feel like and you will write what you feel like. This is America and it's a free country so say what you like. My request to write in a subforum will not be put to action i'm sorry to those of you i disapoint. heart ninja cool

What's with the dissing. my point in this forum is not to be reported, but to report. (my thoughts that is) so i would appretiate some slack. JAMES 1:22 BUT BE YE DOERS OF THE WORD AND NOT HEARERS ONLY DECIEVING YOUR OWN SELVES. (KJV)

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
musicfreak14100
I_Write_Ivre
musicfreak14100

What's with the dissing. my point in this forum is not to be reported, but to report. (my thoughts that is) so i would appretiate some slack. JAMES 1:22 BUT BE YE DOERS OF THE WORD AND NOT HEARERS ONLY DECIEVING YOUR OWN SELVES. (KJV)

Please explain how using the report system, a way t alert mods that a rule has been broken, is 'dissing'.

You said your point was that you were not going to follow the rules (which include posting in the proper subforums). Why would that not be reported when the report system is for threads where people don't follow the rules?

Why did you stop using the shift key and then write in all capitals?

Why should we give you slack, whether you'd appreciated it or not? What makes you exempt from the rules?

Ah James, telling us to be doers of the words (Following rules, which includes reporting threads that don't follow them? Right?) and not hearers, only deceivers (Deceiving the mods is bad right? So we shouldn't deceive them by not telling them when a thread breaks the rules, right?)
musicfreak14100
I_Write_Ivre
musicfreak14100

This is a tough forum. If you read the rules (heck if you read any random thread in here) you would have known that. We don't just let people get away with breaking the rules. Try to use proper grammar and we'll stop bothering you about it. Simple as that. (And do you really know what that quote means? Cause I don't see how it applies to you. confused )
I used to put a Bible verse in every post I made on whatever site I was on, and I'm in the middle of memorization so it seamed right. heart smile

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
musicfreak14100
I used to put a Bible verse in every post I made on whatever site I was on, and I'm in the middle of memorization so it seamed right. heart smile

Why did it seem right post a bible verse in a forum that a) has nothing to do with religion and b) you were told not to force religion on people in gaiaonline?

Also, please answer my questions. Should I repeat them for you? I can if you wish, but I expect them answered.

Just so you know, I don't take the bible literally and I have only adopted the Gospel of Judas as part of my faith (for the most part I am a non-practicing Buddhist theistic creationist deist agnostic ). Please respect my faith as I respect yours.
musicfreak14100

Um... so what you mean is... you just used it for the heck of it, then. stare

Questionable Streaker

musicfreak14100
It's a global forum. Whether you're in America or not bears no relevance to posting things in the right subforum.
LoperDoper
musicfreak14100
It's a global forum. Whether you're in America or not bears no relevance to posting things in the right subforum.

This is the second time I've seen America = free country used as an excuse. Is this a common occurrence? If so, then this worries me...
Kairi Nightingale
LoperDoper
musicfreak14100

This is the second time I've seen America = free country used as an excuse. Is this a common occurrence? If so, then this worries me...

Which is ironic as the America government is blocking/shutting down websites these days, including ones that include protests against shutting down sites as first amendment violations.

Also, notice how she says America has freedom of speech, she doesn't seem to like the fact that America also has freedom from religious persecution.
The Phoenix Rises Again
Kairi Nightingale
LoperDoper
musicfreak14100

Which is ironic as the America government is blocking/shutting down websites these days, including ones that include protests against shutting down sites as first amendment violations.

Also, notice how she says America has freedom of speech, she doesn't seem to like the fact that America also has freedom from religious persecution.

As an American, I can't say I've been real proud of the government lately. But I do quite enjoy what freedoms the U.S stands for and freedom from religious persecution is a personal favorite. I just wish some people respected it more. stare

Shirtless Wench

musicfreak14100

And this is why I am agnostic - because of folks like you who will claim to praise the Word of God, but don't respect it enough to actually understand it and then go on to blast their mouths off about it in the wrong context.
But I'm a tolerant agnostic, and thus won't force my views down anyone's throat.

And your little character summary over there? Yeah. Tells me nothing.
What kind of s**t-brained publisher would ever touch that?
Maybe if you actually supplied an excerpt, we could determine if your optimism is completely baseless (99.9999~% probable) or if you can pull miracles out your a** ( ##ERROR: probability variables too unlikely to compute. PROGRAM ERROR CANNOT COMPUTE##).

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
A lot of books don't get published.

Dapper Gaian

8,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I am baffled by the latest progression of this thread . . .
Going back to the original post, I feel you need to be more realistic and brace yourself for rejection as you will most likely be rejected more than once. It's sad but true.

Before sending work off to agents (or contacting publishers, should you choose to go a more difficult route) get more than one other person to read through and check it for spelling and grammar errors as well as to get opinions on the story.

I do admire your confidence however as my novel is sitting with a cover letter to some agents in the draft bin of my email, and has been there for the past year. I will be brave enough to send it one day!

x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces