Welcome to Gaia! ::

That's a good idea....

give me some great one liner opening sentences for a story of any kind...
Once apon a time, there was a Huminuh named Pinky Rew Dee Melachahanah Jr. III.

Hows that? xp

Wheezing Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
Princes who do not shine, peasants with nobility in their blood, Kingdoms with no honor, and villans who fight for right - this is no happily-ever-after.

- The Untitled Piece.

now located in a stories/prose section near you!
First sentences are bummers . . .they have to be meaning yet exicting . . . ARGH I am writing a story about a crazy man . . .at ffirst it is kinda funny biggrin but it gets sad crying
Write a crappy beginning, then once you have a story, come back and fix it.
The thunder rumbled, the winds howled, the sound of gunshots sounding throughout the night, one explosion after another, blood spattering the ally walls, a man stood among the blood and dismembered corpses, he holstered the weapon he held, he looked up at the dark sky, the pale moon beginning to appear from behind the clouds slowly, the man grinned and turned, he began to walk out of the ally with only a single thought. 'The hunt begins.' the rain began to fall as another rumble was heard in the sky.

xp Not really a one liner, but hell, I'd start my story like that any day!
"Yes, it just so happens I am God."
"The writer picked up a pen and began to write."

xp

or..

"KA-BOOM!"
Lord Shishio
"Yes, it just so happens I am God."

that's a good one...
Ario J. Amedeus
Once apon a time, there was a Huminuh named Pinky Rew Dee Melachahanah Jr. III.

Hows that? xp

that's cool

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I generally like to start in medium rem, "in the middle of things". Basically, start in the middle of an action scene to draw the reader into it.
<i>She said, "Don't, don't let it go to you head. Boys like you are a dime a dozen, boys like you are a dime a dozen." She said, "You're a touch overrated, you're a lush and I hate it, and these grass stains on my knees, they don't mean a thing."</i>

You don't even wanna know what it's from...

I live in North Jersey, so I'm allowed randomly quoting Taking Back Sunday at random points in time. Above quote is from "You're So Last Summer"
"Who...am I?"

or

"AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!!!!"
The first sentance depends on the story. Like personal I despise the Once Upon A Time.... beginning as it is used to much. I like being creative, and starting in the middle of things as was already mentioned.
Here is the first couple sentances of a fantasy I was writting.

A scream echoed down the many passages of an underground lair. Followed closely by the cracking of a whip and the pleading of a teenage boy. "No father! Stop please! I can't take anymore!" The father replied with an evil cackle as he watched his son. Blood was beginning to pool beneath the white haired youth.
"Ah my son but you can. And you will. You are the only thing that connects us to the outside world. You are my leverage," The father replied and whipped the teenager again. Another scream, but it was chocked off the gurgling of blood as he fell to the ground in a beaten mess. His father scowled.
"Weak," were his only words as he beckoned for him to be taken away. Twisted looking creatures began to move at the boy from the shadows. Licking their lips hungrilly as they walked closer.
Can't do that, i have to have a certain topic and i have to figure out the plot and stuff in my mind before writting that first sentence. And that thinking and planning could take days.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff