Welcome to Gaia! ::

Writing is hard but It's also fun, I sneak my writing that's why It's not all right, I really don't want anyone to know I write, Well why am I putting it online, because I have to put it somewhere.
I want to know if I'm good enough, I want to know if I can make something of myself, but I don't want anyone to know It's me.
You'll be good if you practice and do your best to present yourself as best you can to those ho are kind enough to give you crit.

Remember, crit is given so you can make your story better; it's not given to insult your story or you.

Try brushing up on how to make a full sentence, not a run-on and go from there. Practice makes perfect.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
And then what happened?
Moral Gutpunch
You'll be good if you practice and do your best to present yourself as best you can to those ho are kind enough to give you crit.

Remember, crit is given so you can make your story better; it's not given to insult your story or you.

Try brushing up on how to make a full sentence, not a run-on and go from there. Practice makes perfect.

I know I have a problem with "standing out" and all my poems are about this guy who broke my heart, that's what started my who writing thing. That's why they are all so "depressing."

And I was talking about the people at my school
Read a lot. Poetry. Fiction. Non-fiction. News.

Write a lot.
Edit a lot.

In time, you'll get better. You just have to keep trying. Maybe even join a writing club a school. Hopefully one that workshops pieces.
Writing is hard, but realizing that it's hard is a big step in itself. Many people think it's easy and then get discouraged when they find out it isn't. It's an art that takes much practice and patience. But as long as you're willing to do the work, you'll get there.

2,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
You got a lot of tips already and I don't know if someone said this already, but I'm still gonna say it xp
Have fun! If you like writing it's much easier. I'm unsure too sometimes, but with everything I do (even in my normal life) I think: so what, I like it and if somebody else doesn't then that's their problem. I know it's hard to think like that, but try it sometimes and always have fun!!! blaugh

Did I drift of the topic sweatdrop .....

Shy Bunny

3,725 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Dressed Up 200
sweet tarts are u embrassed by your wrting?

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Pfft, writing isn't hard. Professional, full-armoured modern day jousting is hard. Going to war is hard. Working in a factory is hard.

I don't know why people get caught up in the concept of writing being hard. Maybe because you're more vulnerable? -Shrug- Seems silly to give all this weight to an activity that can't physically do anything to you. If you write a bad poem/story/article/whatever, you learn from it and move on. If you make a bad call rock climbing, you fall to your death.

As far as pseudonyms and pretending to be someone else goes; that seems a little silly. It's very presumptuous to assume everyone you know is not only going to ready our work, but also associate it immediately with you. It takes a fair deal to do something so outrageously unique that no one can help but associate the work with you.

That said, I use a pseudonym. Not because I'm afraid of people I know reading my stuff (I wish they would, frankly) but because my given name is ridiculously common and thus very forgettable.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Rotsab M. Hyolf

As far as pseudonyms and pretending to be someone else goes; that seems a little silly. It's very presumptuous to assume everyone you know is not only going to ready our work, but also associate it immediately with you. It takes a fair deal to do something so outrageously unique that no one can help but associate the work with you.

Threats have happened. The writer of Captain America received death threats over what he wrote.

I've received bomb threats after my ex-friend posted personal information and a whole bunch of utter s**t about me.

Writing well is hard. But if you're complaining about that after you said 'you post wasn't nice' to a post that said 'I found this mistake: X', you're not just putting the cart before the horse, but forgetting the horse entirely.

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I_Write_Ivre
Rotsab M. Hyolf

Threats have happened. The writer of Captain America received death threats over what he wrote.

I've received bomb threats after my ex-friend posted personal information and a whole bunch of utter s**t about me.

Writing well is hard. But if you're complaining about that after you said 'you post wasn't nice' to a post that said 'I found this mistake: X', you're not just putting the cart before the horse, but forgetting the horse entirely.

Yeah, that's absolutely true. Depending on the material you write, you can potentially run into a lot of issues. I was referring more to the chances of someone picking up a piece of writing and going, "Oh, that's Moral Gutpunch from gaia who wrote that, I can tell because of a comment about kindergarten in it!" To refuse to put your name on a piece of work not because it's controversial, but solely to remain hidden? That's weird.

I'm glad to hear they're an ex-friend. That sounds like a nightmare. Did you call the cops on them?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Rotsab M. Hyolf

Yeah, that's absolutely true. Depending on the material you write, you can potentially run into a lot of issues. I was referring more to the chances of someone picking up a piece of writing and going, "Oh, that's Moral Gutpunch from gaia who wrote that, I can tell because of a comment about kindergarten in it!" To refuse to put your name on a piece of work not because it's controversial, but solely to remain hidden? That's weird.

Oh, that. Yeah, that'd be weird.

Rotsab M. Hyolf
I'm glad to hear they're an ex-friend. That sounds like a nightmare. Did you call the cops on them?

Couldn't.

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I_Write_Ivre

Rotsab M. Hyolf

Couldn't.

Ouch, why not?

Distinct Conversationalist

In terms of writing being hard or not hard, I think I'll stand by the authors of Art & Fear when they say that the artist (including the writer) faces a particular dilemma that is specific to our historical era: we are taught to think that art is a gift and not a skill.

Writing is not hard. Writing well, on the other hand, is. And it's damn impossible to write well if you don't have a lot of experience just writing.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Rotsab M. Hyolf
I_Write_Ivre

Rotsab M. Hyolf

Couldn't.

Ouch, why not?

It technically wouldn't have qualified as a crime, just trolling.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff