Welcome to Gaia! ::

*cuts the red ribbon*

It's been a long time in the making, but finally we can present to you the new and improved Writing and Publishing Tips and Links sticky! Post away!

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sadly, agents aren't a good idea for a graphic novel publisher. They don't seem knowledgeable about the actual subject, to know good publishers, and a third seem to have quit without changing what 'genres' they represent.

Moonlight Sailor

DarknessofHeavenandDreams
Sadly, agents aren't a good idea for a graphic novel publisher. They don't seem knowledgeable about the actual subject, to know good publishers, and a third seem to have quit without changing what 'genres' they represent.

Mm, depends on the agent--and the type of graphic novel, I'd imagine.

Have you seen this list?

http://niki-smith.com/about/graphic-novel-agents/

It's a list of agents who have either sold graphic novels or expressed interest in representing them, put together by a graphic novel writer/artist while she was querying. Could be somewhat useful.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Racheling
DarknessofHeavenandDreams

Mm, depends on the agent--and the type of graphic novel, I'd imagine.

Have you seen this list?

http://niki-smith.com/about/graphic-novel-agents/

It's a list of agents who have either sold graphic novels or expressed interest in representing them, put together by a graphic novel writer/artist while she was querying. Could be somewhat useful.

I shall check it out. Google and the links that were there when I posted weren't keen on what a graphic novel (or some other aspects of writing) were, not were acutally interested.

Also, I'd argue the Mary Sue. While they usually come 'perfect' it all depends on context. Jesus fits his own context. Many Sue authors (I'm surprised you didn't use the term 'Murray Sue' which I've thrown around quite often) try to 'fix' sues by giving them flaws, that just make them more unbalanced and out of place. There's a thread around here showing how a Mary/Murray sue is more about how it fits in the story, rather than 'perfection.'

Moonlight Sailor

Yeah, I just randomly came across that page today and remembered you posted here. Hopefully it's useful. It's a decent-sized list-- I think it covers all types/genres of graphic novels.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Racheling
Yeah, I just randomly came across that page today and remembered you posted here. Hopefully it's useful. It's a decent-sized list-- I think it covers all types/genres of graphic novels.

Sweet. I also added to my post. I hope it's helpful. If not, we can discuss things.
An agency to avoid: Bob MeCoy Agency. Poor and unprofessional communication skills, no list of what genres they accept. Hypocritical about GN queries.
Writers often have tendencies to let others past limitations also hold them back. Imagination and a pen is dangerous, especially in these times of the internet. Daniel I. Gardener is receiving mass attention just for "claiming" he intends to write a million poems for a million people. http://www.millionairepoet.com . He did this all by running with a very creative idea that he believed. Who would have thought, a poet that will actually make a lot of money, while effortlessly trying? Apparently he did.

Figured I'd post that here to give us all some more inspiration. Easily to lose focus as a writer sometimes, for me anyway lol.
Sadira Commands you
An agency to avoid: Bob MeCoy Agency. Poor and unprofessional communication skills, no list of what genres they accept. Hypocritical about GN queries.

I recommned going to Writer Beware. It's a site that lists agencies that are scams or charge for reading (violation of AAR).
Magician of the Sky
Sadira Commands you

I recommned going to Writer Beware. It's a site that lists agencies that are scams or charge for reading (violation of AAR).

I couldn't find the list, just 'beware amateur and unprofessional agents.'
Sadira Commands you
Magician of the Sky
Sadira Commands you

I couldn't find the list, just 'beware amateur and unprofessional agents.'

I think this is it

http://www.sfwa.org/for-authors/writer-beware/thumbs-down-agency/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out