Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hey, I'm writing a novel and I could really use some advice on what site to use to publish it. Anyone with experience with self publishing please help.
Amazon, usually. Or smashwords.

Purified Shounen

I have heard good things about Smashwords and Lulu. If you do not want to spend money, I would suggest going with Smashwords, as Lulu charges for the ISBN.
I would recommend doing your own research, so you can make the better choice for yourself.

Malevolent Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
There's a sticky post on publishing. It's got all the info you may need.

Distinct Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Thanks everyone smile
Createspace.com allows you to publish both e-book and print format books for cheap.

The problem with them, like most self-publishing, is you have to handle all other aspects: formatting, cover, marketing, etc.
Amazon and createspace (for print). Put it into Kindle Unlimited and see what happens. If it's part of a series then you have the choice of keeping it out of Kindle Unlimited and going wide to other publishers in order to make the first one free as a loss leader. It depends on what you want and your genre.

Check out the writers corner at Kboards.com for more help. They have a lot of self-published authors there that are in your shoes.

Oh, and if you're looking for a cover, I'd be happy to do one for you on the cheap! The link to my DA is below.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff