Welcome to Gaia! ::

First of all, I have no idea if this is the right forum for this, but a boast is a piece of writing, so why not..

So in my AP English class we just read Beowulf, and we now have to write our own boast. I have no idea what or even how to write a boast! I miss the day that our teacher talked about it, and then the day she was supposed to tell us more she just didn't. She's a sort of spacy teacher and doesn't give all the information for anything. Anywho, can someone help me with this please?

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Speckled Kangaroos
First of all, I have no idea if this is the right forum for this, but a boast is a piece of writing, so why not..

So in my AP English class we just read Beowulf, and we now have to write our own boast. I have no idea what or even how to write a boast! I miss the day that our teacher talked about it, and then the day she was supposed to tell us more she just didn't. She's a sort of spacy teacher and doesn't give all the information for anything. Anywho, can someone help me with this please?

Just to check: boast or toast? Are you bragging or saying someone's cool and wish them luck?
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos

Just to check: boast or toast? Are you bragging or saying someone's cool and wish them luck?

Boast- bragging.

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Speckled Kangaroos
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos

Boast- bragging.

Choose something you either can do or wish you could do (if fiction is an option).
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos

Boast- bragging.

Choose something you either can do or wish you could do (if fiction is an option).

She gave us no rubric for it at all. She basically just gave us a sheet with literary terms and told us to use them in ours. The day she was going to go over what exactly to do, she decided our class was obnoxious and didn't.

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Speckled Kangaroos
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos

Boast- bragging.

She gave us no rubric for it at all. She basically just gave us a sheet with literary terms and told us to use them in ours. The day she was going to go over what exactly to do, she decided our class was obnoxious and didn't.

Then take what you chose, but pretend you're not good at it, such as 'I'm not good at slaying dragons; I've only killed ten, which is only two more than the second leading record for dragonslaying.' or 'I can't call myself a singer, even though I have perfect pitch.'
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos
I_Write_Ivre
Speckled Kangaroos

Boast- bragging.

Then take what you chose, but pretend you're not good at it, such as 'I'm not good at slaying dragons; I've only killed ten, which is only two more than the second leading record for dragonslaying.' or 'I can't call myself a singer, even though I have perfect pitch.'

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

Vicious Firestarter

5,900 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Speckled Kangaroos

Would you happen to be in Mrs.Miles' English class? biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games