Welcome to Gaia! ::

We all wanna read scary stories at night so write them and share them tonight. Here is one of mine.

A PSYCHOLOGICAL GAME
Hello and welcome! My name is Ryan [LAST NAME REMOVED] and I will be your guide on this psychological night of horror that you’re preparing to get yourself in. This is a game appropriately named “The Game of Time and Yourself.” This game will not kill you, it won’t summon any demons or supernatural monsters. It is ONLY YOU. So please pay attention to what I have to say.
[ITEMS NEEDED]
A token. A token is needed to play the game, something that contains large amounts of spiritual energy. Typically a childhood item is your best bet because it is anchored into your mind. For some reason you’ve held on to this item for all these years. These items will naturally gain spiritual energy from you without your knowledge. Any item that you have strong emotional connections to will work though. In my case I used an LSU jacket that I had worn when I was a child. I’ve moved homes twice but can never seem to get rid of the thing….I’m getting off track though.
A chair. The chair is for you to sit in during the duration of the game. It is exclusively for your comfort and not a necessary part of the game, but trust me you want to be comfortable while this all takes place.
Two[2] watches/clocks. One[1] digital and one analog. These watches are for tracking time and the tracking of spiritual energy manipulation occurring in the room. ONE clock MUST be analog. Should you choose to use two[2] digital clocks/watches, would you notice that it’s been the same time for 5 minutes? Perhaps you’re in an adrenaline induced state and time seems to pass by slower. Let’s not put all our eggs in one basket though, spirits can manipulate digital/energy with ease. The analog clock/watch will be used for the sole purpose of keeping the time and the digital clock/watch is used to track whether or not energy manipulation is occurring in the room. Make sure the clocks/watches are synced up
[REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GAME]
You must be alone when you play this game. This game ONLY works if it is just YOU in the house or wherever you decide to play. Whether you want to believe it or not, each person has their own energy or aura or whatever the hell you want to call it. The point is this game only works if it is just you, only one person per game. If another person is in the home or within the area it jumbles/mixes up the vibe/energy and the game will not work. This gets especially complicated if you live with or near and astral projector because they can project their energy to different places, luckily for you, most people subconsciously suppress their abilities of astral projection due to the fact that the spirit plane can and is a terrifying place.
A large room. You must sit in the center of the room and become the centralized point of all the energy within the room
NO LIGHT. The house must be completely dark when you start the game.
It MUST be 3:33 when you start. For obvious reasons the game must occur at this time because it is the time when there is the most spiritual energy will be around you in your area.
**ADDENDUM** I’ve just learned this, you can turn on the sink and run water to simulate white noise which will help speed up the process of the game, but it still varies from person to person. You can also play white noise through a radio, but I would recommend that you not do that because even though the game only involves you, it is still 3:33 when you start. I personally wouldn’t want spirits or demons speaking to me through the radio while I played but some of you may be more adventurous than me.
!!WARNING!! PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU START .I’ve already told you that this game will not kill you and you don’t have to fear the conjuring of demons or monsters but remember that this game involves YOU. You provide the monster for this game…. The mind can be a terrifying place when you’re left to your own thoughts and this game only exists because of that fact. Your mind is a dark, scary, and horrifying place. A…truly…horrifying…place. This game won’t kill you, but it may shatter your psyche. At least you’re alive right?
[THE GAME]
Everything has been arranged. The lights are off [addition] the water is running [addition], you are sitting in the chair with your token and the lights are off. The clocks are synced and you are holding your token. Close your eyes and clear your mind. Then let the thoughts just naturally flow in, perhaps consider thinking “Who am I?” “What am I?” “Why am I like this?”. Or just whatever comes to your mind. The game has started when it “feels a certain way.” It’s hard to describe but you’ll know the sensation when it happens. This is a tad personal, but this is what happened when I played the game.
I performed everything to the letter and sat there for maybe 5 minutes when suddenly the room took on a new feeling. I heard a laugh and saw myself as a child wearing the jacket walk from the hallway into the living room I was in. His eyes were….my eyes were black and he looked at me with such intensity…did I look like that as a kid?
“Who are you” I said.
“I’m Ryan, who are YOU?”
“No, I’m Ryan.”
“You’re a coward” The kid version of myself walked closer to me “And deep down inside you’re a monster.” “That’s not right, I-I-I’m Ryan” I stammered out.
“You’re a coward, you’re afraid of being alone, you’re afraid that you don’t have friends, you’re afraid of the things that go bump in the night even though you KNOW they’re there, you’re afraid of the future because you lack the drive to pursue your dreams and it is ALL YOUR FAULT. Deep down inside and the thoughts you have you’re a monster and you know it. YOU KNOW IT. My eyes are only as black as you make them Ryan. I’m only as young as you feel on the inside Ryan. I’M ONLY AS TERRIFYING AS YOU MAKE ME RYAN.”
Things after that are hazy but I remember being woken up by the sunrise and I saw my jacket of the floor in front of me. I was “shaken” up for the rest of the week to say the least. Since then I’m not so scared of life anymore and I take the initiative to do the things I want now. In my opinion the rewards of the game make it worth playing, but only if you are willing to face yourself and what you truly are and the things you are truly afraid of. The game is different for each person. I survived it, you might survive too. Or you may end up with a shattered mind stuck in time, stuck in that night trying to face yourself and what you are. In the end it’s all completely, and solely up….to….you.
RyanMonkeyFace
We all wanna read scary stories at night so write them and share them tonight. Here is one of mine.

Wrong. I might allow myself a scary story or two on or around Halloween time, but other than that, I avoid them. They tend to give me nightmares. It is a part of the fun around Halloween to be spooked though, so I put up with it to take part in some of the fun.

As for the story you posted, I'd suggest breaking it up with an extra space between paragraphs (notice what I've done here). It makes it so much easier to read.

The story itself, I wouldn't call all that frightening. The first half of it is a list, which isn't scary, at least to me. The second half is only slightly spooky. Since I know from the character talking directly at the reader that he's fine, there is no suspense for me. Then there is the vision(?) part itself: its just a child version of the character with black eyes talking to him. It could just be me, but that isn't frightening in the slightest.

I'm not well versed in scary stories and how to make them scary, but one of the things I would suggest doing is not having the character talk to the reader. There are probably some other things you could do, but I wouldn't know what exactly those are, so I can't really tell you.

Since its NaNoWriMo, you might not get too many replying here, so you might have to wait a while for others to reply.
Turnilk
RyanMonkeyFace

Wrong. I might allow myself a scary story or two on or around Halloween time, but other than that, I avoid them. They tend to give me nightmares. It is a part of the fun around Halloween to be spooked though, so I put up with it to take part in some of the fun.

As for the story you posted, I'd suggest breaking it up with an extra space between paragraphs (notice what I've done here). It makes it so much easier to read.

The story itself, I wouldn't call all that frightening. The first half of it is a list, which isn't scary, at least to me. The second half is only slightly spooky. Since I know from the character talking directly at the reader that he's fine, there is no suspense for me. Then there is the vision(?) part itself: its just a child version of the character with black eyes talking to him. It could just be me, but that isn't frightening in the slightest.

I'm not well versed in scary stories and how to make them scary, but one of the things I would suggest doing is not having the character talk to the reader. There are probably some other things you could do, but I wouldn't know what exactly those are, so I can't really tell you.

Since its NaNoWriMo, you might not get too many replying here, so you might have to wait a while for others to reply.
thanks for the response and criticism, the story is kind of supposed to be light hearted while still being a bit dark. as you can see there are just a few sarcastic lines snuck into the story and list aha. but yeah it is spaced better in microsoft word, i always get confused as to how spacing works in gaia forums aha. I have other darker stories written, but as you said most "game" stories are just lists and aren't scary at all. I'll definitely work on my spacing for future stories i post! THANK YOU! emotion_c8 emotion_brofist emotion_yatta
RyanMonkeyFace
thanks for the response and criticism, the story is kind of supposed to be light hearted while still being a bit dark. as you can see there are just a few sarcastic lines snuck into the story and list aha. but yeah it is spaced better in microsoft word, i always get confused as to how spacing works in gaia forums aha. I have other darker stories written, but as you said most "game" stories are just lists and aren't scary at all. I'll definitely work on my spacing for future stories i post! THANK YOU! emotion_c8 emotion_brofist emotion_yatta

So, is it like Gremlins?

If you want to list how a game works, I'd suggest having the character themselves go through everything that needs to be done for the game, rather than just listing it. Works a little better if you'd like to tell a story. A game can be fun to play, but the fun is in playing it, not so much reading how to play it. At least most of the time that is how it is.

I'm not sure if it is intentional or not, but the game your describe reminds me slightly of another I've heard of. I forget the name of it, but its supposed to be summoning up a demon or the devil or something to play hide and seek with. The demon/devil/thing uses a doll that the player provides to play the hide and seek game. It is also supposed to be played alone at night, and there are some steps that need to be followed exactly.

The spacing is fairly simple: just hit enter twice. It can be a little odd at first, so I understand if it is something you aren't used to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff