Welcome to Gaia! ::

What if we just aren't seeing a word that would fit into our story?
because i'm so cool i was forgetting to update.

Today's Word: Diapause
Sentence: Apparently someone had radioed ahead though as these guys looked prepared to deal with Brittney's little trick and avoid diapause.

Today's Word: capricious
Sentence: A capricious change that he couldn't grasp.

i'll add the others once i use/find them. c:
Today's Word: enjoin
Sentence: "Listen here Ma'am but you really need to have clothes on to be in here. I've been trying to be patient with you because your brother is injured, but there is only so much I can do with you being so adamant against my help. Now put it on." As he spoke the waiter had gotten up and walked towards Brittney, never once looking anywhere from her face, and shoved the shirt at her with enjoin.

i'm not too sure if i used this one right or not.

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Today's Word: incisive
Sentence: “What do you mean?” Jason questioned. “And be incisive.”

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Today's Word: sound board
Sentence: “Don’t you ever let him use you for a sounding board, got it? You’ll likely die.”

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Today's Word: purport
Sentence: I looked at him a moment. “Take your pick. Anything that sounds like an insult could be bundled up to that meaning. It has a purport meaning.”

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Today's Word: anfractuous
Sentence: “This place is so anfractuous, it’s impossible to learn.” Jason commented again. “I doubt even you know everywhere.” He accused.

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Today's Word: juncture
Sentence: It was at this juncture I had to bear with certain things that I normally wouldn't and even worse that it caused me to become unsettled in such a way that i wanted to throw up.

Shadowy Senshi

Moral Gutpunch
What if we just aren't seeing a word that would fit into our story?

Hey Moral, sorry for the delay to answer, I wasn't really coming to the second page all that much.

But really, then don't use them? The point of the challenge is to find a way to force a word you normally wouldn't use into your writing. So most of the time it doesn't fit all that well. The choice is up to you.

In other news I'm going to start using these in hopes of using as many as possible before the end of April.

Shadowy Senshi

Okee doke, let's get a few easy ones out of the way.

Today's Word: diapause
Sentence: This wasn’t the gradual fade of dream to reality. It was the abrupt waking tremor of a nightmare. It felt simply like a sharp disjointed parsing of one waking moment to it’s successor. A diapause without a cause.

Today's Word: verdant
Sentence: The dark liquid touched with a verdant glow of ghostly lit weeds beneath the surface.

Today's Word: purport
Sentence: It wasn't something to have it's meaning derived. It's existence wasn't so simple to purport understanding to just one huamn man. The monstrous whale defied conception and reality.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff