Gaia Username: Overlord Aemsy Love
NaNoWriMo Username: Aemsy
NaNoWriMo Profile URL: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/aemsy
NaNo Novel Title: Ryder Orgins
NaNo Novel Link: N/A

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Today's Word: Simplistic
Sentence:“No, I thought it was our duty to blog it on the internet.” Nil rolled her eyes, sarcasm lacing her voice. “What do they have to fear? We can’t repeat secrets told to us. These damn brands enforce that.” Nil pointed at her next, in which a black tattoo resided. Its circles eloped and trailed off across her neck to form a sort of half necklace. "Their simplistic secrets aren't worth keeping.”

Peaceful Conquest

Today's Word:Simplistic
Sentence: A simplistic golden circlet rested on his forehead, vastly different from the three other glittering crowns worn by others hanging back in the group

Shadowy Senshi

Scores, participants list and word are up to date to this point!

Today's word will likely pose a little more of a challenge than yesterdays :3

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Mors A little more than a challenge?
IT CHANGED LEAGUES!!
gonk
Went from little league to professional.

Stubborn Nymph

14,975 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Today's Word: Malapropism
Sentence: "My cousin, she, well, she's known for a malapropism or two when she gets flustered." I stopped, staring at Lucien. Roman took a step back, shaking his head. This was not the first time Lucien and I had gotten into a situation like this, and we all knew it wasn't going to be the last.
"Lucien, what the hell is a malapropism?"
"It means she used the wrong word. She used statue instead of stature, for example. It's a slip of the tongue."
"Next time, just say a slip of the tongue." I muttered as a guard passed. Hitting the Seelie prince probably wasn't my best idea with guards around. I was unpopular enough being a halfling, and I really didn't need to give the king any more reason to kick me out, or Lila any more reason to hate me. Go figure, the girl I hate most is related to the most frustrating boy I had met in either dimension.

Nuclear Werewolf

Sentence: “You can’t just run off and be a, be a colonist or a pinyiner or whatever it is you’re trying to be. You belong here, on Earth. Why would you want to run away from your family?”

I almost smiled at his malapropism, but stopped when I saw that he’d finally sent Marcy over the edge.

Floppy Puppy

Sentence: "For all intensive purposes, we call her Britney, but she also responds to Shakira, Beyonce, and Fergie," Cecil said, gesturing to the mad woman in the hall.

Will smiled at his malapropism and gently chided him with, "Did you mean 'all intents and purposes'?"

"Why, thank you, Google. I'd be ever so lost without you," he said with a laugh that was cut off by Britney.

Shadowy Senshi

Sentence:
“That is his usual look. This room pretty much never gets inspected, I don’t know the last time it got an upgrade either, so it’s just kind of been falling to pieces. It’s a shame he didn’t talk more, he has this great malapropism that’s either a programming error or some tech guy trying to have a laugh with messing with the AI system. Everytime he tries to say ‘consequences’ it comes out as ‘conquests’.”

“Malapropism?”

“Sorry, I have a thing for those rarely used English words. it’s like a slip of the tongue that happens every time the person tries to say the word.”

“Ahha! You’re in a writing group, that’s where the nickname comes from!” Squires face lit up at her own moment of clever thinking.

(also, scores of up to date!)

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Today's Word: malapropism
Sentence: We are not comparable, by no means at all because he speaks in malapropisms, imitating Shakespeare for a comedic relief when the sky is falling and alcohol is our God, hearing prayer after prayer, shot after shot, and we’re both on our hands and knees, trying to get back up but unable to do such, and all I can ever do is hope that when he does manage he’ll take me with him--and all I want is to be able to do the same thing for him because he is--

“Hey, barista,” I whisper.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sentence: She could hardly sit still; she kept shifting back and forth, fiddling with the sling that held her arm, picking at the handle of her simplistic white china cup.

How am I already behind? *cries*

Edit: Morse, any chance you can change my title to "The Bitter End" please? ^^

Shadowy Senshi

@PMS - Title changed!

And points have been counted to here.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Sentence: Built into the hillside is a simplistic opening, less than a foot high, twice as wide, made of semi-flat stones that jut from the earth like a doorway.

Or how about, "All my sentences are going to be embarassingly simplistic because they're from a script"? sweatdrop

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity

Did you know Placebo has a song called "The Bitter End"? That's what I think of whenever I see your title. @_@

Shadowy Senshi

OOooh, what kind of script are you working on Flea?

(Front page scores up to date here - spreadsheet needs updates (these notes are mostly for me to keep track of stuff, everyone is free to ignore them!))

Blessed Senshi

//is currently crying over the word

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas