Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I_Write_Ivre
Rotsab M. Hyolf

With Wesker, the idea is that the villain is "saving" the world. Over-population, disease, crooked politics; all of that can be stopped. Yes, it means a step back in everything, but ultimately it will balance out and allow the avoidance of complete self-annihilation (because the earth's resources can't continue to sustain the strain). If you throw in magic and technology, there could be an even greater sense of, 'Ya'll are gonna break the world,' thus the need to step forward. You can interplay these ideas of heroism with selfishness, where the line becomes blurry between altruism and egoism.

I like this. So much potential to break things (and people).

Exactly.

5,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
Maybe to spread an ideology, or stop something these people are doing that they don't like. Their goal could even actually be a good thing, except that they're taking it too far and the ends don't justify the means.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Niamh the Fae
Maybe to spread an ideology, or stop something these people are doing that they don't like. Their goal could even actually be a good thing, except that they're taking it too far and the ends don't justify the means.

Would it make sense that they didn't know where to stop in what they were doing?

5,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
I_Write_Ivre
Niamh the Fae

Would it make sense that they didn't know where to stop in what they were doing?

That, or like they overestimated its importance. Maybe that's the same thing as what you were saying, but I'm not really sure.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Niamh the Fae
I_Write_Ivre
Niamh the Fae

That, or like they overestimated its importance. Maybe that's the same thing as what you were saying, but I'm not really sure.

Overestimating the importance can go along with it, but when someone wants to do good, they tend to have a line they don't cross. Would it make sense if, bit by bit, someone was pushed over that line and they didn't notice?

5,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
I_Write_Ivre
Niamh the Fae
I_Write_Ivre
Niamh the Fae

Overestimating the importance can go along with it, but when someone wants to do good, they tend to have a line they don't cross. Would it make sense if, bit by bit, someone was pushed over that line and they didn't notice?

Yeah, that could be a good way to do it.
There are plenty of possible reasons for wanting destruction. Maybe he came from a small, destroyed land, constantly getting screwed by it's larger, aggressive neighbors, and he feels for his land to thrive the others must be knocked down a few pegs. Perhaps the motive could be greed, although on that large of a scale the idea doesn't really track well. Tearing everybody down so your life is better by comparison is really petty and stupid, and if he has the resources to wage this war he probably is living pretty well in the first place. He could be preparing for a terrible threat, kind of like the antagonist in Fable 3 (not my favorite game, but a decent point made.) He could be doing horrible things now in order to protect the world from a greater threat later.

My personal favorite is the first one. He could feel the need for success because he was raised in a defeated land, where failure was imminent. If he was raised a failure, the desire to prove himself, and his country, would be overwhelming.
Cause I hate people. My life has sucked until now, so why shouldn't theirs? Now the roles will be reversed!
Delsasage
There are plenty of possible reasons for wanting destruction. Maybe he came from a small, destroyed land, constantly getting screwed by it's larger, aggressive neighbors, and he feels for his land to thrive the others must be knocked down a few pegs. Perhaps the motive could be greed, although on that large of a scale the idea doesn't really track well. Tearing everybody down so your life is better by comparison is really petty and stupid, and if he has the resources to wage this war he probably is living pretty well in the first place. He could be preparing for a terrible threat, kind of like the antagonist in Fable 3 (not my favorite game, but a decent point made.) He could be doing horrible things now in order to protect the world from a greater threat later.

My personal favorite is the first one. He could feel the need for success because he was raised in a defeated land, where failure was imminent. If he was raised a failure, the desire to prove himself, and his country, would be overwhelming.

I actually like the second one.

Heart Consumer

How about revenge on the world? I use revenge as a bad guy motivator all the time in my stories. Believe me, it never gets old. The bad guy could be a misfit in society who was mistreated by everybody else, and the misfit wants to get back at society.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff