Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like King Arthur?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 4, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 >

AislinnSelene
Morgan le Fay has always interested me. And Aidan, the silver winged falcon have always interested me. It was a good book, but the movie wasn't as good.
I was about to point out to the person up there that it was a movie based on a book... but you beat me to it.

I've read so many books about King Arthur and Camelot, some good some not so much... You can't say that all stories about King Arthur are good or all are a waste of time. They're too diverse, so many perspectives, so many authors tackling the subject... it's like asking if World War 2 stories are any good. It depends on what you read.

Ruka_san713's Princess

Green Dabbler

I JUST ordered "King Aurthur and his Knights" last week. It hasn't come yet, but anything to deal with the Midieval Times, is worth the read.... 3nodding

Kazuma's Wife

Friendly Browser

AxNova
Is King Arthur a good piece of literature or a waste of time?
Never a waste of time. I have always loved the story of King Arthur and his Knights.

Kazuma's Wife

Friendly Browser

Shy_Red
I JUST ordered "King Aurthur and his Knights" last week. It hasn't come yet, but anything to deal with the Midieval Times, is worth the read.... 3nodding
So true. I love anything to do with Medieval Times.
It's both. It has good moments, but it also has completely worthless moments. I don't like it that much, but there are a few things in it I like. I think it's just a waste of time most of the time, though -- like Greek mythology that way. stare Irish mythology, though . . . or Norse mythology . . . those are both good. biggrin
Lady_Yukana
Shy_Red
So true. I love anything to do with Medieval Times.

I agree, I find the medieval Times to be very interesting. Sometimes I wonder, was I born in the wrong century, and then I use my microwave and think, maybe not.
old legends NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shy_Red

w/ya on that, & it's spelled Medieval
Mists of Avalon is the shiznat, even though it is too long 3nodding
King Arthur is a brilliant story, but if good literature includes the quality of the writing, there's no way to tell because of the thousands of versions of the legend. It's like asking about Beowulf and not specifying if you mean the original song or Seamus Heaney's translation. What writers are you talking here?
I had to read Le Morte d' Arthur. (The death of Arthur.) Yes, it was in English.
I -hated- it. it was much too bland, too many characters and all the names looked teh same. x.X
Cordalia
THE MISTS OF AVALON!!! one of the best books I've EVER read!

Ah, I loved that. ^_^
I LOVE King Arthur... It was a terrific movie.
I love reading about King Arthur because even though the characters have the same names, there's always something slightly different about them. The story is always slightly more and always has something unique about it. The characters are almost never gauranteed to have the same personalities or even the same history or relationships. I love the surprises reading about King Arthur can give. It's a thrill to both know and not know. I love being reintroduced to all the knights, the adventure, Morgain and Guinevere, Arthur (d'uh) and especially Lancelot.

King Arthur = heart

950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Consumer 100
WOOOOOOOOO KING ARTHUR
I like 99% of all the fantasy I have read/watched about the guy....so I like him I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff