Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Phantom

Ok so I'm writing this anime in which there are 2 different dimensions. The 1st dimension is named Trilonce. But the other one is an evil dimension. Does Grelik sound like a good name for it?

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
thats funny, I'm also writing an anime and have to come up with names for two different dimensions. one normal the other one evil. I've named the first on Heircilia, and the second one Valkasoran, do you think these are good names?

Hilarious Phantom

Jin_of_the_thunder
thats funny, I'm also writing an anime and have to come up with names for two different dimensions. one normal the other one evil. I've named the first on Heircilia, and the second one Valkasoran, do you think these are good names?
They sound great! What's your anime about? (If you don't mind saying) smile

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
XxFreezy Frosty ForeverxX
Jin_of_the_thunder
They sound great! What's your anime about? (If you don't mind saying) smile

I'm not, I was actually trying to make a point by posing the same question to you. that the questions are two vague to give a proper response but... yeah. guess it didn't work.

Shy Sophomore

17,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
Given the vague descriptions behind the dimensions, I guess...

I'm nit-picking because if I heard about this, the first question I'd ask is "Why is Grelik a bad place?" If it's a bad place (or "evil" as you called it), then a mini explanation as to why it is will make more sense.

That's like saying "that void is bad!" or "the hole there leads to an evil land!" without explaining why. Why is this dimension bad? What makes the other "good" or "normal"? That's like saying Hell is a bad place without explaining why if no one had prior knowledge of what awaits people in hell. You can't slap a "it's an evil dimension" onto something unless you explain why it is evil.

If I told you a dimension called the Shadow Abyss was pure hell made of darkness, I'd go through a laundry list as to why it is. There's no reason to beat around the bush if it's a bad place. If people from another dimension are aware of the Shadow Abyss, they'd be smart to tack on "don't go because of (insert reasons why it's bad)" to deter anyone from going there.

So unless you have a list why this dimension is considered "evil" to the others, I'm just going to shrug at the name because it won't make me rethink taking a picnic in Gerlik.

Hilarious Phantom

Sinster InkPen
Given the vague descriptions behind the dimensions, I guess...

I'm nit-picking because if I heard about this, the first question I'd ask is "Why is Grelik a bad place?" If it's a bad place (or "evil" as you called it), then a mini explanation as to why it is will make more sense.

That's like saying "that void is bad!" or "the hole there leads to an evil land!" without explaining why. Why is this dimension bad? What makes the other "good" or "normal"? That's like saying Hell is a bad place without explaining why if no one had prior knowledge of what awaits people in hell. You can't slap a "it's an evil dimension" onto something unless you explain why it is evil.

If I told you a dimension called the Shadow Abyss was pure hell made of darkness, I'd go through a laundry list as to why it is. There's no reason to beat around the bush if it's a bad place. If people from another dimension are aware of the Shadow Abyss, they'd be smart to tack on "don't go because of (insert reasons why it's bad)" to deter anyone from going there.

So unless you have a list why this dimension is considered "evil" to the others, I'm just going to shrug at the name because it won't make me rethink taking a picnic in Gerlik.
Ah sorry I didn't give an explanation. Reason for Grelik being evil is because mostly everyone there is violence seeking, evil beasts. The people who aren't evil, are locked up being tortured. Trilonce on the other hand is home to sweet innocent loving Snow Sprites, snow based angels. also I forgot tomention that if Grelik ddidn't sound like a good name then suggestions are always welcome.

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
If they're all evil and mean, the problem solves itself, doesn't it? They just kill each other and die.

Hilarious Phantom

I am The Compendium
If they're all evil and mean, the problem solves itself, doesn't it? They just kill each other and die.
While they are all evil, they work together to make a plan to destroy Trilonce and take over Earth.

Shy Sophomore

17,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
Ah sorry I didn't give an explanation. Reason for Grelik being evil is because mostly everyone there is violence seeking, evil beasts. The people who aren't evil, are locked up being tortured. Trilonce on the other hand is home to sweet innocent loving Snow Sprites, snow based angels. also I forgot tomention that if Grelik ddidn't sound like a good name then suggestions are always welcome.
I have to keep in mind it's an anime, so I'm gonna be thinking of those formulas. Being they had were: bad things come from another dimension, and people are constantly fighting said baddies from other dimension. Not all animes, but some do follow it.

When you talk about Grelik, you're making it sound like it's suppose to be a hellish place. And Trilonce.... *shudders* I'm sorry, but why are they snow based angels called Snow Sprites? Angels usually don't have elements attached to them aside from light. Demons have been (at least when I run into them mostly in role play, but also in some animes and novels) associated with elements. Snow sprites look similar to fairies or pixies with their insect-like wings.

Telling me angels with snow, technically ice, powers are snow sprites is going to make me look at you odd. Because those two mythical beings don't usually cross, I don't want to think an angel is the size of my hand if not smaller. (If you're going to be doing something like that, best have a good explanation to the viewers or they'll be lost. Because most angels are large and human-sized, not inset or pixie size.)

So for the names... no, Gerlik is the oddball out. Grelik doesn't sound hellish or a place where "sinister beings are plotting to gather their forces and try to take of Earth" comes to mind. Trilonce has a chance to sound angelic-ish. As for name suggestions for the realm... Zephil, Dethrius, Luflior, Gronkzil. I'm just throwing out things that sound somewhat ominous if compared to Trilonce.

Make sure things are consistent because if you have a pleasant sounding name for the "good, happy" place, you need the other to give the impression when heard "bad and evil" when just said. Anime normally is good with defining what is evil and what is good just by names alone after an in-depth description of the place. Be it visual or heard from another character.

Hilarious Phantom

Sinster InkPen
I have to keep in mind it's an anime, so I'm gonna be thinking of those formulas. Being they had were: bad things come from another dimension, and people are constantly fighting said baddies from other dimension. Not all animes, but some do follow it.

When you talk about Grelik, you're making it sound like it's suppose to be a hellish place. And Trilonce.... *shudders* I'm sorry, but why are they snow based angels called Snow Sprites? Angels usually don't have elements attached to them aside from light. Demons have been (at least when I run into them mostly in role play, but also in some animes and novels) associated with elements. Snow sprites look similar to fairies or pixies with their insect-like wings.

Telling me angels with snow, technically ice, powers are snow sprites is going to make me look at you odd. Because those two mythical beings don't usually cross, I don't want to think an angel is the size of my hand if not smaller. (If you're going to be doing something like that, best have a good explanation to the viewers or they'll be lost. Because most angels are large and human-sized, not inset or pixie size.)

So for the names... no, Gerlik is the oddball out. Grelik doesn't sound hellish or a place where "sinister beings are plotting to gather their forces and try to take of Earth" comes to mind. Trilonce has a chance to sound angelic-ish. As for name suggestions for the realm... Zephil, Dethrius, Luflior, Gronkzil. I'm just throwing out things that sound somewhat ominous if compared to Trilonce.

Make sure things are consistent because if you have a pleasant sounding name for the "good, happy" place, you need the other to give the impression when heard "bad and evil" when just said. Anime normally is good with defining what is evil and what is good just by names alone after an in-depth description of the place. Be it visual or heard from another character.
Ah, again with my bad wording. The snow based angels and snow sprites are two separate beings. The snow based angels are human size. While the sprites are actually a bit bigger than normal.

Shy Sophomore

17,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
Ah, again with my bad wording. The snow based angels and snow sprites are two separate beings. The snow based angels are human size. While the sprites are actually a bit bigger than normal.
See, that's the problem there. wink Now that you explained it better, I have less of a horrified idea of what's in Trilonce. Snow based angels make me think of snow angels I've made in the snow as a kid somehow turned into a real thing. Just remember in your anime you can't be doing that. No bad wording to confuse the audience.

Hilarious Phantom

Sinster InkPen
See, that's the problem there. wink Now that you explained it better, I have less of a horrified idea of what's in Trilonce. Snow based angels make me think of snow angels I've made in the snow as a kid somehow turned into a real thing. Just remember in your anime you can't be doing that. No bad wording to confuse the audience.
Yeah I apologize. I sometimes have a bad habit of doing that. You see snow based angels are basically angels wirh snow powers and ligjt blue wings who have the power to heal beings.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Ok so I'm writing this anime in which there are 2 different dimensions. The 1st dimension is named Trilonce. But the other one is an evil dimension. Does Grelik sound like a good name for it?

Grelik sorta sounds like a name for a giant alien lizard thing. not so sure about Trilonce

Hilarious Phantom

Samuel Grant

Grelik sorta sounds like a name for a giant alien lizard thing. not so sure about Trilonce

Actually I'd changed Grelik's name to Dethirem.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Samuel Grant

Actually I'd changed Grelik's name to Dethirem.

oh... confused well, i got nothing sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces