Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm curious. I've honestly heard on many different websites many different responses. Some do better while at work, relaxing, right before bed and some even while intoxicated. I thought it's be fun to know when gaiains feel they write best (plus I'm new and am exploring many different forums... I think I'll like this one best due to my interests... even though a friend of mine warned me it ws slow. Is it slow or is that just the forum where people post their stuff?)

Lonely Seeker

for me, as strange to me as it seems, i only seem to get anything done when at school, i don't know why, maybe it is because i am around people who are doing the same thing, like i said i don't know, but between that and the kind of music i listen to, i would say I'm pretty well off.

Romantic Prophet

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Regular 100
For me, I do my best when it's late at night (we're talking 11-3 here). I guess it's because when I'm that tired, but too stubborn to go to sleep, the critical part of my brain is too tired to function and I write in a frenzy, not really caring what I say. It ends with me getting the word vomit out and actually producing something decent.

And unfortunately, it is a slow moving forum. emotion_8c

Questionable Prophet

Welcome to the WF.
It is a slow forum.

I write best at night. I do most things best at night.
For me, I'm always more productive during times when I'm really busy. Such as during summer vacation I just can't focus, but during the school year I focus way better.
At night, especially when I'm listening to some good music and I have vivid scenes flashing through my head that I need to get down before I forget.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I certainly can't write in the morning, heck, I can't function in the morning full stop. If I know I have other work to do I can't write. I have to be in a calm environment, quiet, listening to music and, more importantly, inspired.

Eloquent Explorer

I write best in the dead of night, with my music blasting but everything other than that silent. Also, on ocasion, after I read a good book or watched a cool show that gave me some ideas.
(Yes, it is slow. xp )
When I have time to write. I'm not picky. It all comes out about the same regardless of time or degree of force I had to apply to get it done.

On the flip side, I'm a slow editor, so I was doing a scene during my lunch break at work. Could edit just about anywhere given I edit on hardcopy, while I write on me macbook pro.

Shy Pup

13,775 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I do my best writing when I'm relaxed and not set on a due date.
I've never been good with those or even by being told what to
write.

4,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
I seem to do my best writing when partially drunk and/or at really silly times of the night up until about three-thirty am.

Tipsy Genius

User Image

Evening, when I'm settled in for the night. I don't like to stay up until 3 in the morning (though that used to be my habit). It gets difficult to understand after a certain point if I'm up too late.

User Image

User Image

Shy Explorer

Late evening is usually best for me, because it's quieter around the house and there are usually less distractions. I also like to settle down somewhere and write in between classes at school, when I'm not trying to catch up on sleep.

Invisible Raider

4,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Between 11pm-7am, usually this is at/passing 24 hours of being awake. I'm not sure why, but it's not just my creative side dominating to screw with my logical side--I've done some great and fruitful studying around this time period too.

It also helps when I have a situation/song stuck in my head. I find it to be the quickest way to drive through a story.

Sweetest Companion

Usually anywhere from 4 AM to 7 AM, even though my grammar and typing skills just plunge right around then.
Wow, there seems to be a lot of late night writers. I too find it best when it's late at night... I wonder why that is? Thanks for all the replies guys, it was very interesting find out when people write best. Now I wonder, perhaps a second question. Where do you write best? It sounds strange but for some reason I write best in the living room at my dads house even though I haven't lived there for 6 months.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff