Welcome to Gaia! ::

Plenty of name sites/programs mentioned, so I'll go back to a point made above.

I wouldn't stress over names. I won't call them unimportant, but you have bigger fish to fry. Call them Bob or Sue for now, or if you know their French, pick a random French name. Then focus on what matters most: the story and enjoy writing it. Later, you can always hit replace all and change the names. No story is perfect in draft 1, so if it requires a little more work than that, it's ok.

It works for me, but if it doesn't for you, look to those sites. I'm sure you'll find a name.

Standing out isn't a requirement of a character's name, unless there's a reason for it that adds to the story. There are reasons one might use a simple, complex, common, or unique name. All depends on the story at hand.
Deadly Snuggles
Senator Armstrong
Deadly Snuggles
Senator Armstrong
Deadly Snuggles
When choosing fictional names, you want to pick something that really stands out.

Like the name Sara. Not all that standing out ish no offense to anyone named Sara.

Names like : Marrock, Brison, Valeeri bla bla bla. Try saying random words, then twist around the letters!

I like Sara.

Ok however it's not fictional, and I wasn't goin
g by your preferences I was going by hers.

I don't know, a made up character with the name sara sounds plenty fictional to me. I suppose a lack of Judeo-Christian nomenclature would probably mean it's not a name in a fictional world, but then again just throwing syllables together sounds ******** idiotic.

I did not post my advice for you. It was for her. I don't need you telling me that the sample names I told her sound effing idiotic. I did not ask for your opinion, I'm merely trying to help her with what may sound best for her story. Judeo-Chrstian nomenclature has nothing to do with my advice what so ever. And you telling me you like the name Sara? Great. Fantastic, good for you. That's a name that you like. But as I've previously stated - I was giving her the advice. Not you.

Yeah and I'm saying it's bad advice. Probably shouldn't post your advice publicly if you don't want other people to read it, either.
Sir Icehawk
Plenty of name sites/programs mentioned, so I'll go back to a point made above.

I wouldn't stress over names. I won't call them unimportant, but you have bigger fish to fry. Call them Bob or Sue for now, or if you know their French, pick a random French name. Then focus on what matters most: the story and enjoy writing it. Later, you can always hit replace all and change the names. No story is perfect in draft 1, so if it requires a little more work than that, it's ok.

It works for me, but if it doesn't for you, look to those sites. I'm sure you'll find a name.

Standing out isn't a requirement of a character's name, unless there's a reason for it that adds to the story. There are reasons one might use a simple, complex, common, or unique name. All depends on the story at hand.

Names are important, but particularly so if they are unpronounceable and frustrate readers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff