Welcome to Gaia! ::

What about J.D.Salinger for his Catcher in the Rye or Amelia Atwater Rhodes for her intriuiging and mystifying stories of immortality,pride, and casting aside the facist boundries that limit us to be so predjiduce..sry didn't mean to get all preachy....
I admire Tamora Pierce for sticking to her goal of having strong heroines in fantasy for 20 years now, as well as being so open and generous with her fans.
j.r.r tolkien,edger allen poe and john grisham. i just love theme heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart
i like peirs anthoney the author of the xanth novels and many other fantasy stories very creative. i love his books! not to mention i also like wendy and richard pini they wrote the elfquest comics and such ^^
three way tie between Piers Anthony, Terry Prattchett, and Douglas Adams... For always giving me a laugh while making me think at the same time.
I'll be typical and say Shakespeare, for his tradegies, for his comedies, and for his gushy romance... though I've always preferred the comedies...
Poe all the way! I love Quoth the Raven!
I love Jaqueline Carey. She writes really detailed and she makes her characters seem so.... real.
I'd post a long list of writers I adore, but I'll try to narrow it down as much as I can...

1. Aldous Huxley - Brave New World. 'nuff said. wink

2. Frank Herbert and Clifford Simak - both have created a unique blend of sci-fi and fantasy

3. Isaac Asimov - I just like his style... excellent sci-fi without being TOO scientific.
Hrmmm...

J.R.R. Tolkien..."THE MAN" as far as more recent literature..
Tamora Pierce...great heroines and role models.
Virginia Woolf..because she's a genius.
Emily Dickinson..because she's eccentric and cool.

And I don't think any writer, ever, had as much talent
as William Shakespeare. He can't be beat. Just can't.
People should read him more often.
J.K. Rowling.

That's so cliche, I know, but she did something she loved and turned it into something phenomenal that so many people enjoy, and I think that's admirable.
Well, I have a lot, but I'll try to narrow it down.

J.R.R. Tolkien, he just was so creative when he created his world.
Tamora Pierce, I'm not quite sure why.
E.E. Cummings, I just love the writing style.
Emily Dickinson, an eccentric writer. Enough said.
And, of course, Alexander Dumas, who wrote my absolute favorite book.
Tolkien for his keen sense of detail
James Clavell for his truly well-developed characters
Bram Stroker for his interesting way of story telling (Dracula is all done through journal entries, fasinating)
Thomas Harris for creating one of the most evil villains I have ever read about. (Hannibal Lector)

That's just a few...
Amadeas
Darren Shan, for making 'childrens' books for all ages. heart

I admire Shan, as well...I also admire J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, Daniel Handler, and Anne Rice.
I admire tons of authors, but the top of my list must be Anne McCaffrey. I have been hooked on almost every series she has written.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff