Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Phantom

14,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
My story : Land of the Promised Day
Description: The story is written in first-person view. The story goes back to a time when friends first meet. Allen Sprite was just a little boy when he moved to a small town. He had all the fun he could have, but he leaves town after his mom died of illness. Allen comes back to the small town many years later to see new people and his old friends again. He also learns about the shadow creatures . . . and their dark secrets . . . The harsh truth cannot be known by anyone . . .

Someone critique me? Tell me how to make my description more attractive?

I also have a few chapters I have completed on Wattpad, if you would like to go there instead and critique. :3

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Hizou_Chan
Description: Allen Sprite was just a little boy when his mom died of illness. Allen comes back to the small town many years later to see his old friends again and meet some new people, but he also learns of the shadow creatures and pieces of the harsh truth they conceal.

Shadowy Phantom

14,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Klaark
Hizou_Chan
Description: Allen Sprite was just a little boy when his mom died of illness. Allen comes back to the small town many years later to see his old friends again and meet some new people, but he also learns of the shadow creatures and pieces of the harsh truth they conceal.
Thank you! ^^

OG Noob

Heh, Kingdom Hearts and some animes right here.

Shadowy Phantom

14,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
xGwee
Lol. xD

Married Sex Symbol

12,275 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Battery 500
xGwee

That's what she said

OG Noob

Sabrina Caroline Devlin
xGwee

That's what she said

Lol what?

Captain Wigs's Senpai

Tipsy Abductee

7,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Ultimate Player 200
Hizou_Chan
Description: The story is written in first-person view. The story goes back to a time when friends first meet. Allen Sprite was just a little boy when he moved to a small town. He had all the fun he could have, but he leaves town after his mom died of illness. Allen comes back to the small town many years later to see new people and his old friends again. He also learns about the shadow creatures . . . and their dark secrets . . . The harsh truth cannot be known by anyone . . .

I also have a few chapters I have completed on Wattpad, if you would like to go there instead and critique. :3

I write on Wattpad too with my best friend/ co writer. And we write first person POV as well. Maybe try and write the description like, "I lived here once when I was young. It was so innocent being a child, then my mother died and that's when I learned nightmares were real."

IDK something... make it mysterious don't give too much detail or there wont be much of a surprise to the readers.

Send me your story link?

Shadowy Phantom

14,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Mistress Nismo
Hizou_Chan

I write on Wattpad too with my best friend/ co writer. And we write first person POV as well. Maybe try and write the description like, "I lived here once when I was young. It was so innocent being a child, then my mother died and that's when I learned nightmares were real."

IDK something... make it mysterious don't give too much detail or there wont be much of a surprise to the readers.

Send me your story link?

here it is.
:3
http://www.wattpad.com/story/27406217-land-of-the-promised-day

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Well, that line in your description about the shadow creatures really comes out of left field for me. It completely changed the genre of the story in my mind. As such, it doesn't make me go, "Ooh, sounds interesting!" It just makes me think, "Wait, what?" in a rather confused way. The description prior to that point had no hint of conflict in it (which is what makes it 'boring,' so to speak). You could have easily said, "A man got up, went to work, came home to pizza alone, and went to bed after contemplating his boring existence." That's not to say it would have been a boring story; it's just that there's no visible conflict. With the shadow beings it seems you're trying to add conflict, but the jump is just too jarring. That can easily be fixed with your language. "Allen returned to the small town many years later, to meet old friends and new. But within the familiar setting from his childhood was something new. Something dark." (And so on.) This provides a transition between the two parts of your description that otherwise don't fit together at all.

Now, that advice was to make your description read better (as if it were a cover teaser). But no matter how well written your teaser is, if your actual story is boring, the story will be boring. Telling us what your story is about won't make us able to tell you how to make it more interesting. It's the actual writing we need to critique to tell you if it's interesting or not. Any synopsis of a story can be made to be boring or interesting; what really matters is the story itself.

(But if you are trying ti write an interesting description, too, I'd suggest writing it in first person, instead of just telling us the story's in first person. Let Allen talk to us. For that matter, let him talk to you, and you can decide if his story is interesting to you or not.)

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
for me, a description shouldn't give away the plot or point at it but hint toward the direction the story is going to take:
I would probably word it like this, personally: "Allen Sprite has come back to the sleepy town of X after many years. His own pain and loss he hopes to heal in the comforting place of his memories, but X is not the place he remembers, there are dark secrets and harsh truths here that no one should discover. "

I'd love to swap bookshelf watches with you! my username is aurichalcyon on wattpad! I'll add you to my to-read pile too!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff