Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's something you wrote that was so good you had to pat yourself on the back?

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

"The directly from there turned to from his experiences to hers."

Best typo I have ever written. I STILL don't know what I was attempting to say, even taking in the context surrounding it. I refuse to change it on the original document because of the amount of hilarity I got with discovering it. I definitely had to pat myself on the back for this little nugget of absurdity. xd

Sugary Capitalist

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I'm sure it's not the best thing I've ever written, but one of my favorites from the piece I'm revising is this one:

"Was. Each time he referred to her in past tense his heart hurt."

Divine Conversationalist

From a poem I wrote not that long ago

"Love is a fairy tale
with its ending still intact
Not the happy ever after
But the part that's after that."
I had a mother character threaten a guy for being mean to her children, but wanted to step away from the usual cutting off the private parts thing and came up with: "If you ever speak to my children like that again, I'll slice you open from neck to navel and feed you your own innards."

There is also a typo I made when talking to an mmo friend of mine. I meant to type "got it" and it came out as "go tit" and now I want to work it into something. I haven't talked to my friend in a long time, so it would be somewhat a tribute to the fun times we had ^_^

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
I called Salvador Dali's autobiography "autobiographical masturbation" in an essay once. That's probably my favourite line ever.
I'm currently writing a story about a prince's rise to power and fall into obscurity once his city is plagued by a powerful curse. The opening sentence goes: "There; faint and distant and low in the horizon stood the city that the prince of Niren came to destroy."
first is there any cursing allowed at all
Snickershoessonic
first is there any cursing allowed at all

Sure man, Whateva.
Sometimes I've gotta ask myself, why are you such a badass? then I reply in the most...badass of ways. the only way to be a badass is to out badass the anti-badass . then they once the worship you for being so badass you must out badass the most badass of all then and only then are you so badass you can ask yourself "why am I so badass?"

Questionable Inquisitor

"I will be as vague as I may or may not want to be."

It's just the kind of lame joke that makes me laugh every time I read it.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
'Sadness coursed through me like blood' (I think I wrote that wrong, but, meh). It was part of a bigger sentence, and I know I've written better, but I just like that sentence, for some reason.
Life is about sharing your experiences to influence others.
"Its ok to look back, that's what got us to this special track" - its good to understand and accept our past.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff