Welcome to Gaia! ::

missyw
"How to Roast Black Meat" by K.K.K.

Your kidding right, thats insane, how did that get published
Black Sunset
I've never read a book I didn't like, but there are that I liked less then usual. I found "20 thousand leages under the sea" was kind of boring. I always ended up scanning though parts to get to the interesting bits.

Ugh I hated that book with a passion!! Proabably moreso because it was for school and I had to read it, so I couldn't just walk away! I wasn't to fond of the Sunflower but I didn't read most of it because it put me to sleep. And I found the Scarlet Letter to be dull and pretty pointless. But other than those three so far I can't say I've come across any really bad books.
imperfectutopia

Romeo and Juliet didn't please me as well. The charecters weren't developed enough, and the plot was a little questionable. I also think Shakespeare is over rated. He was very talented at knowing human nature and writing sonnets... but I don't think what he wrote was entertaining, if anyone gets that...

I really didn't enjoy Romeo or Juliet either, but that's probably because I was in a class with some stupid girls that kept insisting that it was true love when they had only talked to eachother twice, and were gonna get married because they thought the other looked pretty. BLEH. The characters sucked too not an amusing one in the bunch, leaves me to wonder who loves it so much and what's wrong with them.
Missie DuCaine
Margolin of Takeera
Wanted by Caroline B. Conney.

What were the publishers thinking?! It has more plotholes than anything else I've ever read.

Didn't she write "The Face on the Milk Carton"? That was a neat idea...but far too simplistic and slightly boring.

Yeah, she did write that. However, Wanted was the first thing I read by her, and after that, even though The Face on the Milk Carton sounds pretty interesting, I decided never to trust her again.
Jayded_Demon
missyw
"How to Roast Black Meat" by K.K.K.

Your kidding right, thats insane, how did that get published

Special-interest publishers. xp
i hated this one book its called mice and men, and this other book called fat Al hates everythin (don't ever read it!!!!!!!!!) you will die if you do i promice you that, stressed scream

Devoted Shopper

9,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
swimmyj1
i hated this one book its called mice and men, and this other book called fat Al hates everythin (don't ever read it!!!!!!!!!) you will die if you do i promice you that, stressed scream

I did Of mice and men at school
a fantastic book
Honestly, I've been lucky enough to be spared of reading truly awful books, but my friend's worst ever book was a horse and his boy by.... someone. iono.
i dont remember the name
XxWolfOfShadowsxX
The worst book I ever read was 'A Wrinkle In Time' I know allot of people like it, but it was the worst book I have ever read.

a winkle in time's really good!!
TeufelChen
Honestly, I've been lucky enough to be spared of reading truly awful books, but my friend's worst ever book was a horse and his boy by.... someone. iono.

The Horse and his Boy by C.S. Lewis! I bloody love that book!

It's part of the Chronicles of Narnia, only one of the best fiction/fantasy series ever written! C.S. Lewis was a literary genius, and this book, as well as the rest of the series was phenomenal!

Sorry. sweatdrop I get very protective of my treasured Narnia series sometimes.
"Vampire Kisses"
>.<
Great Expectations. Yeech! We had to read it in freshman english it was awful. I slept through most of it.
Catch-22 and I don't care how respected it's supposed to be, I loathe that book. It has no plot, the characters are 2 dimensional at best, the writing was terribly stilted and unimaginative, the world existed pretty much exactly as it had at the begining when it ended and not in the "return to the status quo after an uphealval" sort of way but more a "the entire book is static and has no reason to exist" sort of way and there wasn't even any inovative symbolism or political impetus behind the verdomant thing to provide it with some shred of literary worth beneath the drivel of the text.

The Old Man and the Sea was tedious, but I didn't loathe it.

The only other book would be Blood and Chocolate. I forget who the author is, but she'd written two other books, both of which I enjoyed and I actually did enjoy the majority of this book, but at the end there is a complete and unexplained reversal from the main character that essentially contradicts her character and the plot for the past 200 some odd pages (yes it's short, it's something like young adult I think - this was a while ago) and served no other purpose as far as I could see except pissing me off.
Great Expectations was miserable....

And I'm not a big fan of Catcher In The Rye.

But Of Mice And Men was quite good, especially in taking in the time period and the situation that the characters were involved in. Steinbeck did a lovely job of illustrating this sad world of George and Lenny and the broken dreams of them and and the other ranch hands. It was grim and hopless which very much relfected how people felt at the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff