Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Humorist

Well, there are many things in a book that you could hate. One of the most common hated in books is the ending. So, tell me, what is your least favorite type of ending? (i.e unhappy, cliff hanger, ect.)) I myself hate an ending that is happy for some reason. I just dont like it when they get what they want because it always happens.
Same here. Happy endings suck. I like the ones that keep you guessing or end in the worst way thinkable. The way no one thought it would end, like a sudden twist...

Dapper Humorist

Kinda like an ironic ending?
"Cop-out" endings; aka, where it feels like the author had a good thing going, but then tried to cobble everything together in the end to the point where it appears to defy logic, or else feels incredibly cheezy *cough-HP5-cough*
"Omg teh plot tsiwt!" endings; 'clever' plot twists that turn out nauseatingly cliche or just plain stupid *cough-SecretWindow-cough*
"It was all a dream!" endings; I don't think I need to explain why they suck.

I also dislike endings that don't have a clearly defined sense of resolution. The kind of endings that leave you unsure if there's going to be a sequel or not. Also, unecessarily happy endings where everything fits together too neatly to be realistic. But conversely I don't like endings which are needlessly nihilistic. Ideally I want a sense of realism and closure to my endings; where I can identify with the author and where the characters are coming from. I don't have to always like it, but if I can accept and respect it it's good enough for me.

Dapper Humorist

You know...an erotic ironic ending would be kinda creepy....
i hate the ending of "the giver"
u have to make up your own ending
it suck

Dapper Humorist

I loved that book, but there were some things in it that creeped me out.
The Giver's ending was good. I wanted to know more, but it left it up to my oh~so~creatively~demonic mind to finish it.

Dapper Humorist

What the ending after the book ending to me was that he was forced to eat the baby for survival and was then raised by wolfs...Strange...yes...
i like twists in the end or twisted endings to me they are more fun! i hate the ones that say "and they lived happily ever after" yuck something horrific would be cool but not something saying "and they blew up" those endings i hate too. i also like the ones with the poem endings like in the movie "identity" that was good
Well...i don't really like predictable endings...
Happy endings really aren't that bad as long as they don't just kill some big evil... thing, and then everything becomes magically perfect and it's so sickly happy.

I hate that kind of happy ending.
I hate happy endings because they are always happy and that makes it boring aand onother ending I hate is the ones where the character is just like walking through the forest and then it's over it doesn't tell what will hapen it's just over SHOULDN'T BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! domokun domokun domokun
I love tragedy...
Psyche-Stress
I love tragedy...

So I guess I'll have to say that i hate happy endings. I would only appreaciate happy endings if it is contained in the sequel...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff