Welcome to Gaia! ::

Snuff, rape, drug dependency, torture, incest, suicide, abduction.

Not all in the same story, mind you.
bara is love bara is life
Snuff, rape, drug dependency, torture, incest, suicide, abduction.

Not all in the same story, mind you.

All in the same sentence. Damn, too edgy for me.

KandaYuu13's Wife

Friendly Wolf

Jin_of_the_thunder
Ikeyu
Uh. A saga of a guy that literally went through the worst that could happen. There was death... lots of death. sweatdrop

I don't think you know what saga means.

Ah- I'm pretty sure I do? I don't know how it can be conceived as wrong in the vague comment I made.

OTP

The darkest things I have ever written would be rape, torture, and then murder which was all in one story. Most of my short stories have death in them, but normally what I write isn't that dark.
I've had pretty much everything, since I'm a horror writer. However, I don't think just the inclusion of dark elements is enough to make something effectively disturbing. You really have to care about the characters, and they also really have to care. For example, my last novel culminated in a 16 year old boy being raped and killed. It was the "heaviest" part of my story, but the most disturbing part to myself and to most of my readers was a scene slightly before the event, where the killer knows what he is going to do, and is dangerously drunk in preparation for it with his infant daughter in his lap. He sort of picks up the baby and muses to himself that she probably weighs a tenth what his victim weighs, and for second tries to hold her completely still while she's struggling, to see how hard it will be to hold his victim down. he doesn't harm the little girl in any way, but just the idea of him using her to measure something like that really freaked a lot of readers out.

The series I am working on now includes orphans/poor people being used for "spare parts" during a horrible outbreak of disease (sort of like a medical version of "a modest proposal" wink

gorism's Wife

Muscular Member

Oh gosh.

Let's see.

Child molestation, brutal murder, torture, rape, genital mutilation/self mutilation of various kinds, the whole nine yards.

Child molestation is the worst in my opinion. One of my main characters went through some really awful things and I write about it sort of frequently...

It's rough, but I like things to be brutally in your face when I write so it has to be done. I've certainly teared up many times though. emotion_8c

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
I guess it's probably the 'armor' a soldier wears to protect himself from the outside world. How the character throws on a sort of facade to fool the soldiers around him, who are all doing the same thing but don't want to say it. Or the sheer brutality they commit to dehumanize the whole affair.

Ruthless Sex Symbol

when i was in highschool we had to write a story in my creative writing class where a inatimite object was the nerrorrator. i wrote mine on a quilt passed down from generation to generation. his most previous owner (and who the story is about) is a girl whos name we dont know and a razor and hes telling the grusom tale of how she killed her self as he watched her mother die before her.

Trash

Ummm well I only have one super ugly story about a boy who gets snatched and held captive by a family of psychos and it involves incest, murder, torture, and rape as its darkest/most touchy subjects.
Turtle Suicide
Ummm well I only have one super ugly story about a boy who gets snatched and held captive by a family of psychos and it involves incest, murder, torture, and rape as its darkest/most touchy subjects.
Small world, that's essentially the plot of my first novel.

Trash

Eyeliner_Saint
Turtle Suicide
Small world, that's essentially the plot of my first novel.
Eww. Dark times for everyone's characters.
omg yer all so dark rofl

Is s**t like rape what people consider dark these days? I must really be desensitized.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I've been messing with a series of novella-length stories that don't have a super dark tone all the time, but deal with an assortment of issues that might be considered heavy. Religious fundamentalism, terrorism, slavery, abuse, and so on. I guess it depends on what you consider dark, and I suppose context might have to be taken into account. (a suicide in a story made for children is going to be a lot edgier than it would be in a story for teens or adults) I haven't really done anything hardcore, I suppose.

A while back there was this one dark comedy I ended up scrapping because I suck at comedy. (jokes are hard) It was about a teenager faking his own suicide and watching the aftermath. HILARIOUS, RIGHT
Matsyshenko
omg yer all so dark rofl

Is s**t like rape what people consider dark these days? I must really be desensitized.
Oh wow how HXCORE and br00tal of you, you must have such a unique snowflake mind, I bet everything you do is so original and speshul

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Dapper Dabbler

In the prologue of the novel that I'm currently writing, the main character overdoses and his friend tells him that he's been dead for the last ten minutes.
At his abusive addict of a father's funeral, he breaks up with his girlfriend right after having sex with her.
Way down the line, he's driving and wrecks, killing his best friend in the passenger seat. Later on, he finds out that the best friend's bedside table was filled with scrawled suicide notes.
There are lots of dark, brooding thoughts in this story, and I'm loving writing it. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff