Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Fatcat

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if their is anyone out there that would be willing to read the first chapter or two of my story, and just tell me what you think?

Its a a dark, paranormal romance that follows a demon named Zaccur Nox, and a few of his little adventures. The main focus is between him and a girl named Neiomi Carter, who sees right through his romantic lies, and creates what he considered to be a 'challenge'. Of course, father along their will be twists and turns and more of the truth will be uncovered.

Basically, I would like to know if my first chapters actually draws the reader in, and if it makes you want to read more of it.

You can read it here if you're interested: https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3217647/1/Demon-s-Play

Thanks for your time!

Invisible Codger

I took a very quick peek and oh my gosh, you actually have a decent grasp of actual mechanics of writing. Now, I know that doesn't sound like a very good compliment but it does put you way ahead the curve for Gaia Online. I'm guessing you read the stickies? Those two together easily put you in the top 30% of intelligence and politeness for Gaia Online.

There are a few sentences that sound a little 'off' but nothing drastically wrong - would I be right in thinking that you're not a native English speaker?

Beloved Fatcat

Firlodge_3
I took a very quick peek and oh my gosh, you actually have a decent grasp of actual mechanics of writing. Now, I know that doesn't sound like a very good compliment but it does put you way ahead the curve for Gaia Online. I'm guessing you read the stickies? Those two together easily put you in the top 30% of intelligence and politeness for Gaia Online.

There are a few sentences that sound a little 'off' but nothing drastically wrong - would I be right in thinking that you're not a native English speaker?

Thank you so much! I try my best to be polite to everyone here ^^ And I've taken a few writing classes, so it has helped quite a bit with my writing skills. Did you like what you read?
Ohh, what stickies? Should I read them?

I actually am a native English speaker, but sometimes I get a little carried away trying to come up with creative imagery. I'll have to go back and re-read them again to fix the mistakes.
Thank you for taking a look, and for the feedback! smile
Firlodge_3

Hell, that goes for fictionpress, too. You would be shocked how many people lash out over the littlest things and write like absolute fools - despite clearly knowing better, in some cases!

Beloved Fatcat

SpecstacularSC
Firlodge_3

Hell, that goes for fictionpress, too. You would be shocked how many people lash out over the littlest things and write like absolute fools - despite clearly knowing better, in some cases!

Really? I haven't explored much on fictionpress, but that really does surprise me! Why wouldn't people just support each other, and give helpful critiques?

Beloved Fatcat

9fpbo
It's good OP.

Thank you smile I'm glad it is!
Kittie_Cappuccino
Really? I haven't explored much on fictionpress, but that really does surprise me! Why wouldn't people just support each other, and give helpful critiques?

Young writers who think they're hot s**t and don't want to hear otherwise, mainly. Tell them one word of criticism, boom - it's on.

Beloved Fatcat

SpecstacularSC

Young writers who think they're hot s**t and don't want to hear otherwise, mainly. Tell them one word of criticism, boom - it's on.

Geeze. I think if they took a writing class and maybe they would see how helpful critiques can be. I never would be decent at writing if I didn't listen to what people had to say.
Kittie_Cappuccino
SpecstacularSC

Geeze. I think if they took a writing class and maybe they would see how helpful critiques can be. I never would be decent at writing if I didn't listen to what people had to say.

You'd think it would be that easy, but they'll fight you to the end of time for trying to tell them their work needs improvement! It's primarily people like them that give rise to sites like this one who take badly-done work and poke fun at it/nitpick about all the stuff done wrong, and that just goes to piss them off worse because now they know exactly HOW MUCH is wrong, and why.

Beloved Fatcat

SpecstacularSC

You'd think it would be that easy, but they'll fight you to the end of time for trying to tell them their work needs improvement! It's primarily people like them that give rise to sites like this one who take badly-done work and poke fun at it/nitpick about all the stuff done wrong, and that just goes to piss them off worse because now they know exactly HOW MUCH is wrong, and why.

Ohh, I don't think I've ever seen this site. And maybe when those people get older they'll realize how silly they are actually acting. I mean, they wouldn't end up on sites like that if they just took people comments, and either make the changes or just say thank you.

I also, was wondering, what you thought of my story so far? I'm curious to know if people like the direction its heading, or if I need to do more with it.
Ah, I actually haven't read it yet, but I'll gone my input once I have.

Beloved Fatcat

SpecstacularSC
Ah, I actually haven't read it yet, but I'll gone my input once I have.

Ohh okay! Thats fine smile Take your time, and thank you for commenting anyways!

Beloved Fatcat

Anyone else have any comments? And if you've been liking the story I posted another chapter smile Just in case anyone was intreseted

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff