Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adored Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
Okay so...considering turning an RP I am having with a friend into a novel (of course with his permission) It is a fun little thing we have going on. Pretty much his character is a tiger Khajit type deal, race thing and my character is a human. Eventually there would be a romance forming between the two of them, but i am not entirely sure how an audience would feel about a human and a furry fellow being together. His response was 'fads have to start from somewhere'... but i still worry, and figured i could get other peoples opinions.
Any thoughts?

Riltatopants's Waifu

Supportive Friend

This is just my opinion, but as long as the character is humanoid mostly, I wouldn't have an issue with it.
As long as it's not a 'feral' furry? Like on all fours, ect.
If it's humanoid and acts like a human, I think it's fine.
But I'm pansexual myself and believe love is in the mind, heart, and soul. Not a physical thing.

However, some people are less open-minded.
I'm sure if you make if very clear that the male is humanoid in nature and appearance, it should be fine.

Adored Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Nerd 50
Be1oved
This is just my opinion, but as long as the character is humanoid mostly, I wouldn't have an issue with it.
As long as it's not a 'feral' furry? Like on all fours, ect.
If it's humanoid and acts like a human, I think it's fine.
But I'm pansexual myself and believe love is in the mind, heart, and soul. Not a physical thing.

However, some people are less open-minded.
I'm sure if you make if very clear that the male is humanoid in nature and appearance, it should be fine.
Oh yes, humanoid indeed. Definitely not on all fours :3
The two characters had developed a very interested romance, and I find it a very enjoyable story to reread.
Thank you for the input my dear ♥

Riltatopants's Waifu

Supportive Friend

TheCourteJester
The two characters had developed a very interested romance, and I find it a very enjoyable story to reread.

Well I don't think it would be a huge issue since he's still humanoid.
It sounds interesting to me! If you publish it anywhere (even online) I'd love to read it. smile
And you're welcome and good luck!

Adored Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Nerd 50
Be1oved
TheCourteJester

Well I don't think it would be a huge issue since he's still humanoid.
It sounds interesting to me! If you publish it anywhere (even online) I'd love to read it. smile
And you're welcome and good luck!
hehe i intend on describing it too, to try and make sure some peeps aren't creeped out haha. the lore is pretty much a couple of different villages pissed off a powerful witch, and just to spite them she turned them into all sorts of humanoid animals. Felines, canines, reptiles. But thats just lore in the world, not too many people actually believe it :3

Riltatopants's Waifu

Supportive Friend

TheCourteJester
hehe i intend on describing it too, to try and make sure some peeps aren't creeped out haha. the lore is pretty much a couple of different villages pissed off a powerful witch, and just to spite them she turned them into all sorts of humanoid animals. Felines, canines, reptiles. But thats just lore in the world, not too many people actually believe it :3

Oooh sounds interestings<33

Adored Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Nerd 50
Be1oved
TheCourteJester

Oooh sounds interestings<33
pretty much i made this single character, and through a few different roleplays i created an entire world. the only thing i was missing so i could start writing was a plot, and so i looked at the rps i had most enjoyed, and this fellows was the one i have always enjoyed :3

Dapper Humorist

Rule 34 exists, so why can't cross species romance?

Shy Sophomore

17,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
So long as their still humanoid, which Khajits are, it's fine. I've read a novel where the romantic partner for the human woman was a tall lizard man, plus it was erotica. I was completely fine with it, aside from trying to understand how a ten foot tall lizard man gets intimate with a woman half his size. So yes, varying on the reader it should be fine. So long as their not actually having sex with a lion or a cat, most people would read a humanoid creature falling in love with a human.
It should be fine. As long as the emotions are there the audience will follow. But my inner biologist is like, 'Wait... Cats have barbed phalluses...' Then I'd wonder if his kind is reliant on estrus cycles and if marking would be an issue. I guess he'd be snuggly- nuzzles would scent mark you.

Feral Loiterer

I think its fine. I would like to see some culture conflict though. That would make it even more interesting to me.

Adored Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Nerd 50
defineunique
I think its fine. I would like to see some culture conflict though. That would make it even more interesting to me.
Oh yes, definitely. In the roleplay we have established that while the anthros and humans have only just started to live together in harmony in villages, they are still rather iffy with one another.
And to them, an inter species romance is definitely taboo. After a village heard them calling them by pet names the village gets disgusted and kicks them out, so from there on out they decide to keep it a bit hidden

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Umbre
It should be fine. As long as the emotions are there the audience will follow. But my inner biologist is like, 'Wait... Cats have barbed phalluses...' Then I'd wonder if his kind is reliant on estrus cycles and if marking would be an issue. I guess he'd be snuggly- nuzzles would scent mark you.

This is the stuff I always think about too. xd

In response to the OP, to keep things on topic, write it if it makes you happy and you enjoy it. That should be your biggest priority. Worry about audiences later.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Not sure if you know of the comic, but Twokinds (which has been running a decade) features a cross-species romance between a human mage and a cat girl. The author does a pretty good job of building the world and building upon cultural conflicts. It's an interesting read and I think they really manage the cross-species romance well. I'm not a furry and not terribly interested in that type of story. I enjoy Twokinds anyhow. Beginning's a little rough, as the artist started it quite young, but it has definitely improved with time.

The comic is here. The link I've given just dumps you out on the most recent page, but you can scroll back if you want to see where it all started from.

Hilarious Lover

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
Dr. Who does it, lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers