Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I_Write_Ivre
An undead rhino with grass growing all over it and the creature is on fire. Also, it can travel in and out of reality.

Fire grass would be pretty sweet.

Shy Conversationalist

The Alicanto is a Chilean monster-bird which has feathers imbued with silver and gold, and shines silver and gold. This is due to its diet of silver and gold. It can and will lead greedy travelers that follow it to its nest in hopes of riches off cliffs.

Sirin is a Russian monster-bird which is very holy. She looks like an owl with the face of a beautiful woman. Her singing is so pure that if you hear it and are not a saint, then you will lose all desire to do anything but listen to her song. In another story I've read, she sings to those who have lived righteous lives and are now on their death bed. Her singing removes all of their pain and all of their memory, so they can die without guilt.

Alkonost's portrayal varies quite wildly, so I do recommend that you look it up if you are interested. I'm only going to put one of the portrayals I have read about here. Alkonost is a counterpart to Sirin. Alkonost is a giant bird with the face of a hag that lives in the afterlife. She wails to torment the sinners.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen many traditional sirens. Most people seem to think that they and mermaids are interchangeable!

While it is Japanese-specific, Yokai.com is pretty comprehensive and there are some yokai that don't seem to see the light of day too often in stories.

Dangerous Hunter

7,565 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lamia. Ancient Greek queen who becomes a child eating demon. An early vampire myth.

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
The floor should be a monster.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers