Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
the_weeping_dalek
This might sound crazy, but some of the best advice I've received about writing was from Cracked.com. (Seriously!!!) Said advice was to research the hell out of what you're writing about--YES, even if it's fiction.

I was always more of a M(ind)AD kid myself, although I collected everything.

┬┐Fiction?

Newbie Noob

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't know if this will remove writer's block or not but it sounds like something fun to do. I say sounds because I haven't tried it yet. I want somebody else to do it first and then tell us what happened in case it is something gravely dangerous.

You can get "in character" about one of the characters in your book and go out and walk around and interact with people. Not on the internet, on the other world. Don't tell them you are acting like the character in your novel, just be yourself, as you would normally be, but remember you are on character, i mean in character, so don't allow your emotions or fear of your weaknesses or petty addictions to interrupt the excericse...

Better yet if your character is a writer or meets a writer that has writer's block and decides he wants to become a writer too, and then gets writers block.

Then, the character, which by now is a writer with writer's block, which will be easy to enacht because you are a writer, supposedly, creates a character and gets IN THAT character, but remains in the same old world.

That should create a wormhole right there if you don't screw up

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces