Welcome to Gaia! ::

I write a lot, and I get stuck soo many times on my stories. Like, no matter what I do, I can't seem to continue if I get bored. So, I usually leave it sitting there. But after, maybe, a few months, I go back to it and try again. Try try try! 4laugh Like, I'm good at description, but the violence in the story becomes really cheesy, or I want to do something, but it just seems wrong for the story, and it all falls apart. 3nodding

Elder

5,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
So, I've had a writers block for about... well, since May 29th, I moved from my Kansas home, leaving best friends, and my girlfriend behind.

Best friend came to visit from the 2nd to the 16th, and I was really inspired to write because things were back to they way they used to be before I moved and still had my inspiration, but I didn't want to because it'd be rude to just plop myself in my room on my computer chair while writing.

Girlfriend, who I loved oh so very much, ******** two guys, said it was best sex she ever had, and won't apologize.

Heartbreak.jpg

So now, I'm completely out of my element, and have been for three months. I don't know how to get back into the groove without going back into time, which is obviously impossible.

What would you guys suggest?

Lonely Raider

6,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Errant Wrath
The best way to work through writer's block as the first page says is to write right on through it. You can always go back and edit later.

But how can you write through it if you cant figure out what to write.? HENCE: writers block

Anxious Egg

Spikka XD
Errant Wrath
The best way to work through writer's block as the first page says is to write right on through it. You can always go back and edit later.

But how can you write through it if you cant figure out what to write.? HENCE: writers block

I think what the OP means is that you just start writing whatever comes to mind - you let your thoughts and ideas flow out of you, no matter how ludicrous they may seem. Character ideas, plot twists...even if it has nothing to do with what you're currently stuck on, just type or write it out. Keep putting things down until you have nothing left in you. Write about the trees and how they blow in the wind. Jot down some things that you've seen throughout the day.

Even if it doesn't make sense, don't stop writing. That's the biggest setback with a writer, in my opinion. Don't over-analyze what you've put down so far, because you're bound to say, "Oh, I don't like the way that looks/sounds" and you'll change it. Like Errant Wrath said: you can always go back and edit it later.

Just because you have no idea what to write about doesn't mean you can't write.
YouSuckNoJutsu
So, I've had a writers block for about... well, since May 29th, I moved from my Kansas home, leaving best friends, and my girlfriend behind.

I don't know how to get back into the groove without going back into time, which is obviously impossible.

What would you guys suggest?
sounds pretty personal- borderline 'life issues' post. which is to say that i have plenty of advice, but none that is likely to help.

try turning what you're going through into a story. rename, relocate, re-whatever you have to in order to get your emotions onto paper. exaggerate or embellish if necessary. the goal is to express and hopefully diffuse your emotions via some medium so that they don't overwhelm all other thoughts and emotions pertaining to your primary projects. submit it to an audience (if you're wise, not to any mutual acquaintances) and see if their feedback helps.

i also ref. the convo ^ with OHIO, Spikka, and Wrath: write anything. editing can come later. in fact, i will wait until 3 in the morning and after a hefty glass or two of wine before i try overcoming writer's block. believe me, i can only write nonsense at that point... but i usually find that, upon review, a few tweaks make nonsense worth reading. (...if you're underage, don't drink. i in no way advocate that sort of thing.) generally: don't be afraid to write nonsense.

on a personal level, what i think you're missing is closure. you have things you want to say to someone and you want said someone to acknowledge your feelings about said things. but there, i can't help you. writing it out might slake some of the pain, but i daresay it won't scar over open, festering wounds.

anywhoozles. best of luck.

Friendly Bookworm

I get the occasional writer's block except when I'm driving to and from work with my iPod on.

Yet, I sit here and can't put it to paper.

FUUUUUUUUU~~

I have provided an idea on fixing it, yet I can't seem to write it down.

Dapper Lover

6,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
I have a story in mind to write about but the only problem is i don't know how to start the stories, or where the story should go. What should i do maybe make an outline or something?

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Cora4life
I have a story in mind to write about but the only problem is i don't know how to start the stories, or where the story should go. What should i do maybe make an outline or something?

I know that when I start stories I start wherever I feel is the beginning. It doesn't have to end up being the real start but it's something. Generally I write the outline once I figure out who my first main characters are, but you could do the outline first. Do what feels right (and if nothing does, it will eventually) c:

Invisible Mage

I will definitely have to try some of these ideas :3

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Homicide at its BEST
Cora4life

I know that when I start stories I start wherever I feel is the beginning. It doesn't have to end up being the real start but it's something. Generally I write the outline once I figure out who my first main characters are, but you could do the outline first. Do what feels right (and if nothing does, it will eventually) c:

Yeah I tend to try various approaches, including the method already stated. Actually I'm stuck lately and I think I'm going to try writing some short stories about things in various character's lives or even about the lives of other characters living in the same world. I figure it might give me something to build on and get me thinking on small scale before I try rehauling the overarching plot line. Might give me some inspiration on where to start and how to fill in plot holes.

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nemone
Homicide at its BEST
Cora4life

Yeah I tend to try various approaches, including the method already stated. Actually I'm stuck lately and I think I'm going to try writing some short stories about things in various character's lives or even about the lives of other characters living in the same world. I figure it might give me something to build on and get me thinking on small scale before I try rehauling the overarching plot line. Might give me some inspiration on where to start and how to fill in plot holes.

Well that sounds really cool. ^^ I've read books that had side-plot mentions of other characters, who happened to have been the stars of their own books (not exactly elaborate, but clever!). It's similar, but not quite alike.

I loved that author, I just can't seem to remember the books' or the author's name D=
I know I get writers block ALOT, I write zombie stories/ horror and It is so hard for me sometimes because I don't want my stuff to sound generic because this genre has gotten so popular as of late.
However, that being said when I do suffer from lack of inspiration I always find it helpful just to go out and be random; do things I do not normally do or just be lazy as silly as that sounds some of the most random junk can inspire you even really bad tv shows lol.

Greedy Hunter

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
oooh this is really helpful

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers