Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Sex Symbol

9,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
a good way 2 get inspiration is read your past writings...
Write or Die

It's an online program where you set a time and it will give negative consequences if you stop writing in the window it provides for too long. Lower levels will just start playing an annoying song, but kamikaze mode will actually start deleting your writing. Useful if all you need is a good kick in the pants.

Temptation Blocker

A downloadable program that will lock you out of distracting things on your computer such as games or even web browsers. Provides an unlock code, but it's a 30-something-letter-long string of nonsense to discourage you until you hit your time goal. Good if you find yourself not writing because there are a lot of distractions.

Both of those I used during NaNoWriMo last year and they were really helpful in getting things done for me.
Thank's for these tips, everyone. I think these will really help me. biggrin

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
My best advice is to revisit your Muses.
Once I had a real bad writer's block on a Phantom of the Opera fanfiction so what I did was pretty much imagined me talking to the Phantom and a nice conversation to get him back into my head.
Or, if your muses aren't the character in your blocked story, make up a persona that would fit your writing muse and get THEM in your mind.
I highly appreciate your site. I'll be sure to reference it in the future... although, I quite honestly think that if I stop reading Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf for reference it will cure most of my block. redface Thanks anyway.
This thread is pretty helpful.

I've been battling writer's block for a while now and hopefully inspiration will strike soon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games